“Good Stay For One Night...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Livermore
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel is off in the back of a street. The street lights kept flickering on and off oddly, not quite sure if that was intentional or not but it seemed creepy for that dark street. I arrived pretty late for check-in. When I got in the lobby there were 2 separate set of people waiting. There were 2 front desk staff, one was assisting a costumer who seemed to be having an issue with a company booking and the other employee seemed to be running around in a disheveled state. She told that the customer that was being helped that she had a busy day of 50 plus check-ins and is ready to go. She did not assist the waiting guests. Whenever she finished whatever she was doing, she asked the other lady if she could go and left. Once the other employee assisted the man who was having company issues, she assisted the rest of us relatively quickly. This hotel is 4 floors, on the elevator it says HHonors on the 3rd floor. The number count up so the higher the number, the farther you are away from the front of the hotel. There are 2 elevators that I saw, one right by the lobby and the other in the middle of the hallway where the rooms are. Elevator by the lobby was super slow. It was so slow that when it finally came, I decided to wait on another guest who was going upstairs but had ran to go get something. I didn't want him to have to wait on that slow motion elevator as I did. The restaurant in the hotel is under construction of some sort. They aren't open certain days (Saturday & Sunday, I believe) or hours. When I got to my room, I was supposed to receive complimentary items (not sure if it's a Hilton Honors benefit or just for everyone) but the items weren't there. I had called to asked about what type of room had been booked for me and the employee asked if the complimentary items were there and they weren't so she sent it up with another employee. The room is a tad small but it was okay for the night I stayed there. Bed was comfortable. I didn't really have any issues with my room. I had hot water. Cable worked. Internet was complimentary. Parking lot is huge, ample space to park and it's free. When I checked out, the staff was very helpful in advising me about the area as I was just passing through on route to Sacramento.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We never should have even checked into this hotel. We booked the hotel because if was close to our venue and had a restaurant at the hotel. When we arrived there was a sign at the registration desk that the restaurant and bar would be closed on Saturday and Sunday (8/16/14 and 8/17/14)! We were never informed of this closure when we booked. That should have been enough of a reason for us to leave, but we decided to stay and order room service. The woman at the desk suggested we order room service and bring our food down to the dinning room to eat! Really?? That was another sign to leave, but we prevailed. Our room smelled of mold as soon as we entered, but again we thought that a 3 1/2 star (out of 5) on Tripadvisor should be ok for a one night stay. Our room on the 4th floor was 77 degrees when we arrived, after an hour we were tired of the noise so we turned off the air conditioner, but we could still hear the air conditioner from other rooms, so we turned it back on...during the 30 minutes we had it turned off, the room went up to 79 degrees. We called the front desk to complain about the heat, but all they said was sorry. We did not stay any longer and checked out that night. We never plan to return. Please save your money and find a hotel that is really at least an honest 3 star hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay there, but if you must, get a low floor. The entire hotel was hot, the only cool pla...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
DoubleTreeStaff, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Livermore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We’re sorry we did not provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues with the A/C in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation does not happen again. We are sorry that we have failed to notify you that our restaurant was closed prior to your arrival. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Kind Regards,
Marissa Wong
925-443-4950 x102

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last week for one night on our way back from Yosemite. It is located right off I 580, very convenient location. We were off to a terrible start. After Check In when we went to our room, the key would not work. I came back to the reception, the lady at the front desk gave me a new set of keys, and assured me that these would work and asked me to call from the phone by the elevators, if the keys did not work. The keys did not work and there were no phones by the elevator. I came back to the reception, asked for a new room. She gave me a new room. I go up to the room and find that there is someone already in the room. It took us some time to sort things out. The woman can no clue what was going on. Terrible. Some of the other staff were better. I heard next morning one of the other guests complaining at the front desk about trouble with their room keys. Not sure what is going here.

The property is okay. The rooms are small, but nice. We had a terrible experience.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience you received at the front desk. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and we apologize for the situation you encountered. We've addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Kind Regards,
Marissa Wong
925-443-4950 x102

Reviewed 12 August 2014

So, the rooms are dated and small but functional. The evening staff was quite nice. However, the shower had no hot water. I phoned the front desk and they only said they we're sorry (and it didn't seem sincere) and were working on it. If I were there on vacation, fine but I had a full day of business meetings that I had to do after basically no shower. The breakfast buffet was mediocre at best and the scrambled eggs had a big chunk of egg shell in it. horrible.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
DoubleTreeStaff, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Livermore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review of your past stay at our hotel. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We’re sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by the hot water and breakfast. Our boiler room had an issue with the pipe. We have spoken with our maintenance crew and have fixed the boiler room problem. I will personally talk to our morning kitchen staff about the food too. We do apologize again for the inconveniences. The next time you travel to the area, we hope that you’ll be our guest again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

When I returned from the wedding to my room...it was 82 degrees in my room. I went downstairs to let someone at the desk know. They offered to move me but I was extremely tired and decided to stay in room. He suggested that I turn off wall unit and wait 5 min, which I did. It started to work then in the middle of the night I was sweating. Once again, blowing hot air. My issue is: Why put a guest in a room that has these issues. I had heard the 4th floor is know to have problems with the AC. I didn't sleep well and couldn't believe this happened. Its unfortunate but I will never stay there again. Thank you, Marisela

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Marisela V
DoubleTreeStaff, Accounting Assistant at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Livermore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review of your past stay at our hotel. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We’re sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted with the AC was not working. We've shared your comments with our maintenance team to get that fixed. By knowing the problems we will Make It Right to provide a more comfortable stay for our guests. The next time you travel to the area, we hope that you’ll be our guest again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a reasonable hotel. It is a good, clean place to stay. Service is fine. The free coffee that is offered in lobby is better than most. The breakfast offers a variety of dishes. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I chose this hotel while traveling and found it to be less than other Hilton locations in the Bay area. Overall it was a nice clean hotel and the location was easy to find. The exercise room was small but adequate since no one else was in there at the time. Breakfast was the standard Hilton breakfast and is NOT included in the price of the room. I have found most DoubleTree hotels to be a step up from a Hampton Inn, however, this hotel had more of a Hampton feel to it. Nice but not what I would have expected from a DoubleTree.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business