“Keep on driving!!”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Fresno, California
“Keep on driving!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Well im going to start with the good things about this place: The price. OK, now that we got the positive stuff out the way lets get the real review. Well if it wasn't for the fact that it was Memorial Day and ALL hotels we booked for double queens, I would have NEVER came here. For good reason to. This place has no amenities, literally. They have no fridge, no microwave, no iron, no hair dryer, no clocks, no nothing. The hardwood floors are OK, would have been a lot nicer if they were clean. Another thing is the WiFi, who the hell charges for WiFi. I travel A LOT and have stayed in many hotels and not once have I ever had to pay for WiFi. This place is just ghetto and a dump. Between the shady people walking around and uncomfortable rooms.....just keep on driving and don't waste your time and money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jimmy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the positive. This was recently renovated, and nicer rooms then most motel 6's. New wood flooring and furniture...

Negatives... Even with new flooring, they should probably still try cleaning them. Nonsmoking rooms reeked of smoke. Water temp control horrible. 18-thread count sheets were nice. Wait, no they weren't. The domestic violence outside through the night added to the ambience. My nephew learned a lot of vocabulary that we had "shielded" him from. Silly us. Our neighbor did try to sell my nephew "candy", which was nice of them.

You get what you pay for. If not for an unexpected death in the family, we would not have stayed here.

Motel 6 in Petaluma is actually awesome. No kidding.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank ArizonaN8

Travellers are raving about these Livermore hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived the door didn't latch shut, so no need for the key!! I just opened it by gently pushing. The lights didn't turn on. Then the worst part?.... It stunk of marijana smoke! We had our 3 children with us, went back to the desk and demanded a refund. And then went somewhere else. I have never had this experience before and we travel very often. It was terrible!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Franberg1
Copalis Beach, Washington, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This Motel has nothing, no carpet, no clock, no coffee pot, no hair dryer, no shampoo, thin towels and paper thin TP the TV had only a few channels. The floor went up hill, we were on the 2nd floor, that was a little worrisome. The price is too much for what you get. The staff had an I don't care attitude. The other guest were very loud and running back and forth. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Livermore, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Warren Dahl P,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was hesitant to book because I read some of the other reviews. It was updated- new sink and fixtures,bathroom clean, new laminate (wood look) flooring. The beds comfortable and everything clean. Nice flat screen tv. Heading back to San Francisco after a two week vacation in CA. We were tired after a long drive coming from San Diego. We stayed here. So much better than the places in San Fran and way better price. I don't know what those other reviews were referring to. Had a good night sleep and I am very fussy about cleanliness. I recommend this place!!

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Lexi0317
California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel last year, and stopped in again this year at the half way point on a long drive. It had been remodeled since our last visit, art deco. It was very clean and comfortable. No more carpet, the entire room and bath was wood laminate flooring. I thought it would be cold without the carpet, but it was warm, and I thought so much cleaner without filthy carpet.
Still just the basics, soap and small towels. But they take dogs for free, had plenty of parking, it was convenient, and a good price for an overnight stay. Wi-Fi is $2.99, and room prices are posted on the wall at the front desk. I always feel like hotels charge whatever they want, so it was nice to see a posted price, although it's always cheaper booking on the internet. Front desk people were friendly and quick with check in and check out.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This motel is run down, and parking is a Joke. But the upsetting thing was many contractors are staying here, and when we arrived they were standing around smoking and drinking. There were empty beer bottles visible on their trucks and in their hands, and they were staring at us. My 7 and 5 year old granddaughters were upset, but my wife was terrified to the point that we checked out after talking about it. I was supposed to get a refund of half the charge, but it hasn't shown up yet. The nearby inns were full and we ended up driving home to Tehachapi some 300 miles arriving at midnight. I probably will never stay at another Motel 6.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lawrence N
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Livermore, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Lawrence N - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the unwelcoming environment you and your family found upon arrival at Motel 6. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.