“Nice property, great service”

Hampton Inn Livermore
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice property, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

As with all Hampton Inns, this property was very nice. What made this visit truly exceptional, however, was the staff, especially Gerry at the front desk. This was a 3-night business-related stay, and after the first night, I requested a room change. There was nothing objectively wrong with the room, just a personal-preference issue. Gerry went out of his way to help me, finding a new room within 5 minutes of me showing up at the desk, and even offered to have my belongings moved for me ( did it myself, though). He was friendly, courteous, and professional the whole time, and when I returned later that day, he made sure to ask how the new room was working out for me. He, and all of the other front desk staff would always greet everyone as we came through the door, too, which is a nice touch.

And although I did not get to take advantage of it, this Hampton Inn offers a "manager's special" happy our Monday through Thursday with complimentary beer (and wine too I think), plus snacks.

Freeway access is great. It's right by an exit for the 580. And although there are not a ton of restaurants nearby, there are a few, including a Wendy's/gas station within walking distance. But you're only about 10 minutes, by car, from charming downtown Livermore.

I little pricey for a Hampton Inn (around $200/per night), but I did book late.

I would definitely stay here again if I were in the Livermore area again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
San Diego, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our room was clean and quiet, but...the pool was ice cold and the breakfast was substandard compared to other Hampton Inns I've stayed at before. I won't go back to this one next time I'm up in the Livermore area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

It should have been a better stay as the rooms in general seemed fine.
There was no vending on my floor other than Ice even though the sign said vending which to me means more than ice.

There is a free breakfast but since I was leaving at 6 AM I went in at 5:55 to see what was there and told that even though there was food out I could not get any until 6 when they open.
Nothing was that exciting so I got a banana anyway.

All in all it is OK but the lack of feeling welcomed was a bit of turn off. I expect that in a large city but Livermore did not have that feel at all other than here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Warrenton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice Hampton Inn with easy access to highway 580 Extremely Clean moderate price hotel with nice breakfast and great customer service. Rooms are very comfortable. Wish it had hot tub. Excellent staff at check in and check out

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Marysville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I enjoyed a peaceful, pleasant evening. The front staff accommodated my room request and the room was fresh and clean. The breakfast was available for a quick 'take and go' no hassle. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I was traveling alone and felt very comfortable and safe. I will be planning to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently reserved rooms for a water polo team. The check in went smoothly. The rooms were nice and large.The hotel was clean. The breakfast was nice. The furniture in the lobby was excellent for eating breakfast, having meetings with a group, or just hanging out. The furniture was awesome.The hotel staff was polite and helpful. The location is convenient to the highway and to get around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for a wedding close by. Most of the people from the wedding did. The staff was so accommodating!!! The location is perfect to enjoy this amazing little towns great night life or the tons of local wineries!!!

• Stayed August 2014