Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd.
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Oakland, California
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

When I initially got off the elevator to my floor, I was concerned because there was the distinct smell of cigarette smoke in the air. However, upon entering my "non-smoking" room, I could no longer smell cigarettes - which I was very grateful for because I HATE the smell of cigarettes!!

I only stayed at this hotel for 1 night but found the accommodations to be very good. The room was clean, and the floor was quiet. I could definitely see staying at one of their facilities for an extended period of time because the kitchen was very well stocked (dishes, silverware, pots/pans, etc.). The staff was very friendly. This particular location is very well situated right off the freeway and was super easy to find. Overall...a nice hotel and one I would recommend to others!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Lynda - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable accommodations. I'm also pleased that you found our staff to be so friendly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife & I stayed 2 nights to visit with our daughter, who was staying there on a work assignment for 2 months. Everything about the room was wonderful. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom, complete kitchen amenities (which we really didn't need on such a short stay). Easily controlled room temperature. Front desk people were friendly and very accommodating. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you, your Wife and your Daughter found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating during your stay. As well, I am so glad that you liked your room and found the bed to be so comfortable.

SanLeandro
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Everything about my stay at Extended Stay America-Livermore property is wonderful. The landscaping of the property is beautiful and very well kept. Its location is prime. The staff is always pleasant with a smile, friendly and considerate. Very spacious room and a really nice layout for the kitchen. The housekeeping is awesome, they don't miss a spot. They make sure you have everything you need before they leave your room. Management should be proud of the A-team they've put together at this Extended Stay America.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, 19 June 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your positive remarks regarding the staff. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Livermore
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Full Disclosure: I am here on long term business and I am currently staying here but I may have to move if I don't see improvement in the facility.

Overall this property has a lot of upside. It's next to the freeway, the gym, and stores. The staff is always friendly. But it's clear that they are understaffed. The maintenance and cleaning service levels rise or fall depending on who is doing the work. There is a guy name Shawn who I would hire in a second if I was in the position to do so. He is always consistent and the attention to detail he puts into cleaning my room and the trash collection areas is awesome. Unfortunately his effort and the staff's overall professionalism can't mask the outdated fixtures, worn out common areas, dated worn furniture, noisy bathrooms and fans and AC in the rooms. When I see the new commercials it sucks because what I see doesn't match with my experiences and it's getting worse. I don't use my coffee maker because its old and broken down. The price point is low but will rise soon with the season changes however the value is starting to decrease as the facility falls into further disrepair. There are cobwebs in the center stairwell that's been there for two months for example. Too bad that the staff, who are really easy to deal and work with look to not be supported and have to deal with the fallout from the lack of updates the rooms have gotten combined with the understaffing of the property which only seems to be getting worse with the changes.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Livermore, California
Reviewed 16 April 2013

While the hotel is only 15 years old, it's sorely in need of renovation.I would have been ok with this if the hotel just wasn't overall dirty. Ants invaded my room, and I noticed trash in the hallways and stairways that weren't cleaned up for over 24 hours. The beds were not comfortable and need replacing too. On the plus side, the staff has courteous and the free wi-fi connection was good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Livermore hotels

Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 23 March 2013

If you never lived in a public housing project, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE! Dirty, pot smoke wafting through the halls, seedy characters lurking around at night, many of wich seem to be friends of the employees. Just who IS running the front desk? a typical flea bag motel with absolutely no management. The one down the street in dubin is just as disgusting. God forbid you need something, the front desk will either not be open, nor care about you. security? absolutely non existent. basically a housing project with a front desk. STAY AWAY FROM THESE HOTELS AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank thomas b
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thomas - We appreciate your feedback about your stay at our property. Please accept our sincere apologies that you found a lack of cleanliness and friendly customer service. Our staff is trained to help our guests at all times and to ensure that their stays are 100% satisfactory.

Since we were unable to provide this for you, I have taken the time to review with our team, standard procedures for cleaning and reducing smells as well as how to best assist guests during their stays. Also, our hotel does not condone illegal activity of any kind, so we are looking into your comments and will take action as needed.

It would be our pleasure to have you back, to show you the areas in which we have improved. Please contact us directly should you wish to discuss anything further or stay with us again in the future.
Roseville, California
Reviewed 13 March 2013

After reading all the previous reviews I still took a chance on Extended Stay. After my stay I will now state that all previous negative comments were absolutely true. Nothing has been fixed, replaced or made better. Obviously, the management is "very, very sorry", but they need to follow through with some real action. One thing not mentioned previously which ruined my stay and was the deciding factor in my commitment to never return was the horrible smell of cigarette smoke. This is a hotel that still allows smoking in some rooms and the smell is everywhere, the elevator, the halls and my non-smoking room. I had to keep the window (the one I could open, the other was broken) open all day and night to keep the air fresh. The halls are dingy and old. Carpeting is shredding and dirty. The so-called breakfast is predominately sugar loaded crap with some fresh fruit that had seen better days and was tasteless. My room (307) faced the back of the Cattleman's restaurant next door. The first night a garbage truck showed up at 4AM to empty the dumpster, no getting back to sleep after that, the second night a big delivery truck arrived at 2AM and proceeded to unload its contents for about an hour. Add the scratchy sheets and miniscule blanket and I never got a decent night's sleep. One last note: Management, please don't post a reply to this review telling me how sorry you are and that it's your goal to ensure your clients have a 100% positive experience. After reading all of your previous replies going back to 2012, you say the same things over and over, but don't do anything to actually improve the quality of your hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, 17 March 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Livermore. We understand that it can be frustrating for a guest when a hotel stay does not meet the expectations the guest has and that we set forth as a company for all our guests. I would like to assure you that we are currently in the process of refreshing and renovating all of our properties coast to coast for our guest’s enjoyment. We take all our guests comments to heart and make our corporate office aware of what our guests are saying about us so we can make the necessary improvements to keep our guests satisfied stay after stay. Changes are happening every day at our hotels and we will continue to do what it takes to make our hotels the best they can be for all our visiting travelers.

I appreciate that you give us your opinions and comments so that we know where we may fall short and what areas the guest wants us to focus on. We do care very much what people think of our properties and take great pride in ensuring a pleasant stay. I am truly sorry that you experienced all that you did and we are working diligently to change our hotel for the better every day. I would like the opportunity to have you back with us or at any of our other 680 locations nationwide. Please feel free to give us a call directly at the property and ask for a member of management and we would be happy to do all we can to ensure you have a great stay. With hospitality the Management at Extended Stay Livermore.