Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd.
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Long Beach, California, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The employee's were extremely friendly and helpful. I asked to be put in another room because of the noise I thought might come from the Cattlemen's Steak House and was moved with no hassle to the 3rd floor. Rooms are very nice with full kitchenettes and spacious room. I liked the fact that there were two desk area's, one for my husband and one for myself. The only thing that I didn't like was the smell off cigarettes in the hall on the 3rd floor. The room itself did not smell like cigarettes. Another thing was that the maids do not clean your rooms unless you stay a week. The first night I paid $65.00 on Priceline which was a good deal but we decided to stay an additional night and had to pay $119.00, that's a little costly for no maid service. When you can stay down the road at a Hilton, Hawthorne Suits, or Best Western Plus for $100 or less with maid service and a nice breakfast. They have a stop and go coffee cart with apples, oranges, granola bars, and muffins. Coffee was great! The location is Awesome for us because we belong to 24hr fitness and a Super Sport is located right across the street. 24hr Super Sport is Awesome!! Fairly new and upstairs down stairs...lots of room. Great Classes!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from 1st floor window right outside the cattlemen/starbucks/7 Eleven parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Northern California
Reviewed 13 August 2013

First time at an Extended Stay America, least expensive in a highway-exit grouping of half a dozen brand. Very clean, friendly and efficient staff, but also very sparse and notable water use noise from nearby rooms, particularly early in the morning and at night when there was little other noise.

Room was clean, bed was quite comfortable, choice of 'firm' or 'softer' pillows, everything worked (although low-light fluorescent fixtures made reading in bed more difficult than we'd have liked). No way of checking the evening's TV channel program schedules in advance, though, which was a minor annoyance.

We're not upset, however, since this was our first Extended Stay experience, and we just didn't know their level of construction. You get what you pay for, and this was the least expensive in the local area. For an extra $10-15 per night, though, we'll return to our more-normal use of Best Western, Courtyard by Marriott, Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express, Four Points by Sheraton, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The carpets are outdated and give the hotel an overall feeling of being dirty, although our room was clean enough. The design of the hotel is obviously for efficiency, so it is not intended to be "fancy"...but it seems a little dark and dreary because of that, so don't expect to be impressed by the ambiance. Our room (#216...right next to the elevator, but did not notice any additional noise because of it) was decent...clean and functional with decent double (NOT queen) beds, but our bathroom fan was loud and clunky and needs to be replaced with a quieter one. There is NO POOL, so go to another hotel if you're looking forward to taking a dip. The "breakfast" consists of coffee, coffee mate creamer, hot water for hot chocolate and Quaker instant oatmeal packets, oranges, apples, Kellogg's breakfast bars and Otis Spunkmeyer muffins. To us, it was enough "to get by on" until we could track down a "real" breakfast. Grocery stores, restaurants of choice and movie theaters are within about a 5-10 min. drive. Subway, Starbucks, 7-11, Cattlemen's, and a couple of other mom & pop restaurants are just around the corner and can be walked to. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you just need a place to sleep and will be happy with a clean room, okay wi-fi and tv, you will probably be satisfied. If you are looking for a bit nicer of a place to relax with gym, pool, nicer decor, room service, etc...keep looking.

Room Tip: If you just need a place to sleep and will be happy with a clean room, okay wi-fi and tv, you will p...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the fan in your bathroom was noisy. Our maintenance engineer will be looking into this. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean and functional room. In addition, we are excited to share that our hotel is scheduled for an upcoming renovation later this year to include new carpet, fresh paint, and stylish new decor.

Oakland, California
Reviewed 18 July 2013

When I initially got off the elevator to my floor, I was concerned because there was the distinct smell of cigarette smoke in the air. However, upon entering my "non-smoking" room, I could no longer smell cigarettes - which I was very grateful for because I HATE the smell of cigarettes!!

I only stayed at this hotel for 1 night but found the accommodations to be very good. The room was clean, and the floor was quiet. I could definitely see staying at one of their facilities for an extended period of time because the kitchen was very well stocked (dishes, silverware, pots/pans, etc.). The staff was very friendly. This particular location is very well situated right off the freeway and was super easy to find. Overall...a nice hotel and one I would recommend to others!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lynda - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable accommodations. I'm also pleased that you found our staff to be so friendly.

Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife & I stayed 2 nights to visit with our daughter, who was staying there on a work assignment for 2 months. Everything about the room was wonderful. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom, complete kitchen amenities (which we really didn't need on such a short stay). Easily controlled room temperature. Front desk people were friendly and very accommodating. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you, your Wife and your Daughter found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating during your stay. As well, I am so glad that you liked your room and found the bed to be so comfortable.

SanLeandro
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Everything about my stay at Extended Stay America-Livermore property is wonderful. The landscaping of the property is beautiful and very well kept. Its location is prime. The staff is always pleasant with a smile, friendly and considerate. Very spacious room and a really nice layout for the kitchen. The housekeeping is awesome, they don't miss a spot. They make sure you have everything you need before they leave your room. Management should be proud of the A-team they've put together at this Extended Stay America.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd., responded to this review, 19 June 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your positive remarks regarding the staff. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Livermore
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Full Disclosure: I am here on long term business and I am currently staying here but I may have to move if I don't see improvement in the facility.

Overall this property has a lot of upside. It's next to the freeway, the gym, and stores. The staff is always friendly. But it's clear that they are understaffed. The maintenance and cleaning service levels rise or fall depending on who is doing the work. There is a guy name Shawn who I would hire in a second if I was in the position to do so. He is always consistent and the attention to detail he puts into cleaning my room and the trash collection areas is awesome. Unfortunately his effort and the staff's overall professionalism can't mask the outdated fixtures, worn out common areas, dated worn furniture, noisy bathrooms and fans and AC in the rooms. When I see the new commercials it sucks because what I see doesn't match with my experiences and it's getting worse. I don't use my coffee maker because its old and broken down. The price point is low but will rise soon with the season changes however the value is starting to decrease as the facility falls into further disrepair. There are cobwebs in the center stairwell that's been there for two months for example. Too bad that the staff, who are really easy to deal and work with look to not be supported and have to deal with the fallout from the lack of updates the rooms have gotten combined with the understaffing of the property which only seems to be getting worse with the changes.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business