“Winter in Lockeford!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Lockeford B&B and Inns
Arlington, Texas
“Winter in Lockeford!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Inn at Locke House was just wonderful in December - warm and cozy. It was husband's first stay at a B&B - I think I have him hooked. The bathrooms are nice & modern and the rooms are cozy & antique. The bed was extremely comfortable - didn't want to get out of bed. And the hosts were very friendly and gracious. Would love to see this place in the Spring! All of the Lodi wineries are very close as well!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InntheGarden, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and enjoying the tea and cookies! From the breakfast room windows, we've been watching the birds skittering across the icy birdbaths and scouting for seeds while we sip hot chocolate. Do return to experience another season in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was here for Valentine's of 2013, and boy what a good decision I made. The Inn is beautiful! The garden was really cute and suitable for tea sessions (I spent an afternoon there just to drink tea and eat cookies). The room was just lovely. Really cute and romantic, with fireplace and all. The service was, well, our hosts made me feel extremely welcomed. Lastly, the food made my mouth and tummy super happy.

3 things to point out. On the plus side, this is an awesome deal in my opinion. I spent, if I remember right, about $200/night. If you take in account the good breakfast and the amount of cookies and tea that you can consume (let me see, I spent an hour both mornings drinking tea and eating cookies, and an afternoon doing the same; did I say the garden was cute?; plus, I got a cookie to snack on the way home), its value just blows everything else out of the water.

On the not-so-good side. First, the room is not exactly sound-proof (I can hear people going up and down the stairs T_T) and it does not have bathtub. Secondly, the location is not, you know, prime. It's really quiet, but to get to downtown Lodi is a good 10 mins driving away (I drive slowly), and there was like no restaurants within walking distance :-(.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room have attached bathroom!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InntheGarden, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
And you should see the spring-blooming gardens! Lately, our guests have been enjoying mini cupcakes with their coffee and tea. We're so glad you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your review. Please do return.
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

What a great place. The proprieters, Lani and Richard, are wonderful. Breakfast was delicious every morning. The room was spacious and comfortable. Our bathroom was down tne hall, but it was private for our use only. It was modern and clean with a nice big shower. Other rooms have their bathroom attached, but we wanted the bigger room. It was not a hardship. The house is full of history. We really enjoyed our stay and would like to come back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erika D
InntheGarden, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We are so glad that you were pleased and comfortable with your private bathroom outside the room. Our aim was to make that bathroom "worth the walk" in one of our comfy robes. We still discover little bits of history of the house and the town. So come back again and explore some more.
Riverside, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Lani is a wonderful hostess and a great cook! They have restored a very old house! Our bed was just right! The. Bathroom was spotless! Her recommendation for dinner was outstanding - Alebrijes in old town Lodi.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InntheGarden, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
We appreciate that you appreciate the restoration of this 150 years old house so that it can be enjoyed by 21st century travelers. Thanks for the review. See you when you next travel Northern California.
Pleasant Hill, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Inn at Locke House. It was a lovely experience. Richard and Lani are both so delightful. I felt like I was visiting home because of the way they doted over me! The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was truly amazing. Lani made me home-made waffles from sour dough starter along with a fresh fruit topped with crème fraîche mixed with almond extract and honey! I would highly recommend it as a perfect alternative to an impersonal hotel. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The Berkshire has a lovely large bathroom with a big shower.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mtwineglass
It's a pleasure to pamper our guests. So glad you enjoyed the breakfast menu. We've been featuring artichokes and peaches in season. We look forward to your return and reaction to a different menu!
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

We were on our way home to San Diego from Ashland, Oregon and were looking for some place off the beaten path and unusual to stay the night. Well, we found it. The property is off of Route 99, jsut before you get into the old part of Lockesford. The home is occupied by the owners, and beautifully preserved and renovated. We stayed upstairs and had a nice view of the gardens. The proprietor Richard is really interesting, a retired engineer and private pilot. Both Richard and the house is filled with history of the area. Its walking distance from the old town and a great little diner (Country Kitchen). Plus its just outside of Lodi and the inland vineyards. Its way out of the way and way out of sight.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InntheGarden, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our inn and for taking time to write a review. The California poppies are in their glory right now. Please do return and take time to explore more of the gems in this area.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

If you would like to stay at the historic house with the historic grounds that romance you, this is an excellent choice! The charming garden with paths and flowers are a treat to explore. We loved the charm of the old barn and the old water tower. Inside, you will find a living room with antique furniture that makes you feel warm and welcome. Owners are supper sweet and reminded me of my grandmother who was always so happy to see me, feed me and make me comfortable. We stayed in 2 rooms: regular one and then in the Water Tower. I would highly recommend both! The water tower experience is just amazing! Large first floor with the cozy reading place at the top of the water tower. Your own entrance. The regular room was better insulated for sound than a water tower room, but the experience was divine! Very clean with good linens and furniture. Modern clean restrooms and showers. Every detail is taken care of! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: if you don't have time for your breakfast, the owner will make it for you to go.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to detail your experiences at the Inn. We're so glad you took time to relax in the parlors and explore the gardens.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockeford
Wine & Roses Hotel
Wine & Roses Hotel
#2 of 13 in Lodi
Hampton Inn & Suites Lodi
BEST WESTERN I-5 Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Lodi
Days Inn & Suites Lodi
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

Been to Inn at Locke House? Share your experiences!