“Historical home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Lockeford B&B and Inns
Los Gatos, California
“Historical home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

What a treat to be able to enjoy the wonderful parlors, furniture of the renovated 1800's home and delightful conversations with owners Lani and Richard. Our spacious room afforded a restful night and garden views. Delicious breakfast finished the visit to perfection. A wonderful blend of old and new --HD TV in the parlor and wine and cheese along with that put a nice touch to the evening.
We selecgted Joe's of Italy in town and the N.Y steak was superb.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
InntheGarden, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 30 June 2010
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay! We keep learning more and more about the people who built this house and the town. On your next trip you might want to explore the Old School House.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Paradise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

Lani & Richard we the most wonderful people we have ever met. Warm and friendly, "JUST LIKE BEING HOME WITH FAMILY! We stayed in the TOWER SUITE and loved every min.
The food made by Lani was delicious, just like Mom would make. If you ever get a chance to stay at this homey, Historical Inn, YOU WON"T be DISAPPOINTED!!! A BIG THANK YOU U! Robert & Nancy. see ya next trip.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Leipal, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 13 April 2010
Thank you! I've been making recipes from my mom's New Orleans collection. Come back and try them!
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

We really loved our stay at The Inn. The house is rich with local history and the grounds are beautiful. Our room, The Abington, was very spacious and comfortable. We had beautiful garden views out all windows. The bathroom was great as well. The tile floor was heated and there was a nice sized corner shower. The hosts, Lani and Richard, were very welcoming. Lani's cooking is to die for! I definitely want to return for a longer visit just to eat more of delicious breakfasts and yummy cookies and breads! My husband and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary in this gorgeous, peaceful place and we look forward to returning!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Leipal, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 13 April 2010
You should see the gardens this spring - a real bonanza of blooms! I've posted some pictures on the inn Facebook page. Hope to see you for another anniversary celebration. Thank you!
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

My fiancé and I stayed at the Inn for a Valentine's Wine event in Lodi. Although Lani didn't have any rooms available, she made room for us. There was clearly great care put forth in every area of the Inn. She and Richard were a pleasure to stay with. When the opportunity arises we will stay with them again. By the way, you must stay for the wonderful breakfast!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Each Lodi Appellation Wine and Chocolate weekend is better than the last. People are reserving their rooms earlier and earlier. I'm trying to decide on Chocolate Raspberry pancakes or Chocolate Pinwheel breakfast bread for the next one. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

We had a lovely stay at the Inn at Locke House. Lani was flexible with changing arrival times and welcomed us late in the evening. The room was tastefully restored and comfortable and the historical information fascinating, as were Lani's stories of the restoration project. Breakfast was delicious. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Leipal, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 13 April 2010
You were great listeners. Just discovered the relic of a fish pond in the entry garden. Now I've got to find the story behind it. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Oakland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2009

I had a very lovely time staying at Locke House. My room was very clean as was the private bathroom. Most importantly, the owners Loni and Richard were exceptionally helpful, friendly and enjoyable folks to talk with at various times during my stay. I have to say, Loni's cooking was the most delicious breakfast I have had in years!! In addition, Loni packed the pastries I could not finish, which I enjoyed later that day! If I return to the area I will definitely stay at Locke House again and I highly recommend! -David Naylor

• Liked — Morning Breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leipal, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 13 April 2010
Thank you! It was our pleasure. We enjoyed vicariously traveling as we listened to your adventures.
Southern CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2009

After reading some great reviews, my husband and I decided to try this bed and breakfast. When we first drove up, I thought it might turn out to be like my great-uncles old cabin, but once we got to the front entrance, it was amazing. It's a historic building, so it definitely has an older feel, but it looks great and has been well kept with nice and appropriate remodeling. I really liked the decor. I was the most impressed with the bathroom, which was definitely a remodel with a nice big shower and heated tile floors. I also really liked the parlor, and the outdoor area has an English garden feel.

There was a snack available in the afternoon (for us it was persimmon bread). And they have the menus for the nearby restaurants in a binder, which I really appreciated since it's a smaller town. The breakfast was AMAZING! My favorite was the homemade applesauce, which tasted like thickened apple cider. The couple who run the inn are very kind and (for those of you who have experienced this elsewhere, as we have) don't ask about or allude to personal affairs.

This isn't a place to bring smaller children unless the weather is good enough to stay outdoors for most of the day, since it does have historic and breakable items. But, it's perfect for a relaxing trip or getaway. It kind of felt like being home with amazing food and not all the work.

• Liked — How I felt at home; heateed tile floors and warm gas stove in the room
  • Disliked — the walkway to the breakfast area
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leipal, Owner at Inn at Locke House, responded to this review, 13 April 2010
We are so glad you enjoyed the inn and your stay. Thank you for your kind words.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockeford
Wine & Roses Hotel
BEST WESTERN I-5 Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Stockton
Residence Inn Stockton
#4 of 27 in Stockton

Been to Inn at Locke House? Share your experiences!