“needs overhaul”
Review of Wine & Roses Hotel

Wine & Roses Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I am staying at this hotel as I write this review. this is a fairly pricey place in a remote location. .. no close airports, so they really need to fix some things because right now I really can't recommend them. the shower head is really high and hard to adjust, it's difficult to get in the shower. I have long legs and I am fit, it's just that you have to spread your legs wide to get in. There's a rail to grab but on the wrong end. We just made coffee in the room which I was delighted to be able to do. excellent flavor and quality, but the pot is broken, the seal has separated from the sides and the only was to get any is to pour some of it all over the place. can we really be the first to notify management?then last night my husband got a deep nasty cut on his ankle from the bed frame. another thing to be aware of is they assign you toa room up a flight of stairs, don't let you know that and don't offer help with bags. We ate fit and it's no big deal for me but it was surprising considering the prove of a room. All things considered I can't really recommend them even though it was a gorgeous room with a beautiful view of the grounds with very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank maggiewaterman

Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is s beautiful Oasis in Lodi California. Lovely rooms with updated amenities and luxurious bedding! We had a courtyard room with doors to our own patio with table and water feature. The health facility and pool area is spectacular we were there in a slow time of year so we had the place to ourselves. The spa is very nice and I had an excellent pedicure. The food is also amazing! The only bad thing I would say about this place is that it is very expensive!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PrimaDonnaDogTravel
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Our stay was included within our wedding package...everything that day went well. Overall, the staff provided all my guests a wonderful experience. The room was fine - with clean, comfortable accommodations. My only complaint, which is a matter of taste, would be to change the headboard decor - it had a variety of colorful frogs as the pattern.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank apod01
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Two phrases you don't hear together often: Destination Wedding and Lodi California. But we were guests at just one of these at Wine and Roses. And it was beautiful! You don't imagine when you're driving in through residential neighborhoods, factories and industry that you will enter a lovely garden oasis that essentially puts you in the heart of Napa or Sonoma. They also turned out a gorgeous event for our friends, equipped with a white tent, twinkling lights and a fireplace. Very nice. Only real negative was that they told the bride during our walk-through that the restaurant would have the bar open until 2am for after partiers, but it was shut tight and dark before midnight. Sad. And a bit dishonest.

The Breakdown:

Grounds: Gorgeous.

Room: We had a King Room. Pretty, clean, modern, large. Great attention to detail. Huge bathroom and soaking tub. A rushing fountain outside our balcony gave a lovely river sound, rather than a tinkle tinkle fountain sound that makes you want to pee. Excellent value for our under $200 price!

Food: Wedding food was average. Restaurant food is tasty, but expensive.

Spa: Very tranquil and modern. Rushing fountains everywhere! Didn't like my blowout (how do you mess up a blowout?) The Bride looked beautiful and said she felt beautiful. Nothing better than that!

Pool: Heated! Hot tub was cold. What??

Service: Good overall. Easy, accommodating late checkout. Wedding planner service was awesome. She teared up talking about our couple. WoW! Way to get into your job!

Overall: Recommended for events. Probably wouldn't make the trek to go there just for fun, but, hey..... it wouldn't be terrible.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you get a room by the pool. It feels far from the center of everything, but it...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank guacamoleh
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here over a recent weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We were very pleased with this hotel. The grounds were beautiful, rooms clean and comfortable, and the staff were all kind and helpful.

We upgraded to a room with a little kitchenette, living area and fireplace and it was lovely. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom very spacious. The Aveda products in the bathroom were an unexpected bonus.

We ate at the restaurant, Towne House several times and the food was always very good. My husband especially enjoyed the french toast for breakfast. The servers were always helpful when asked about ingredients, etc. As a person with diet restrictions, it was a relief to have servers who were willing to ask the chef questions and for ingredient substitutions.

We would absolutely stay here again when we are in the area. I love Lodi's wineries. Not too crowded or snobby, but great wines. This hotel compliments the area perfectly.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room off the "wedding area" and the macaws, which made us a little n...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina K
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I received a gift certificate from co-workers for Wine & Roses. When I looked at all the options, I could not decide what to spend the gift certificate on, so my husband and I decided to do it all. We each had a spa treatment, I had the Ultimate package and he had a massage. They were both fantastic. Afterward we spent time in the outdoor pool area and did some reading. After checking into a terrific, quite beautiful room, we took a nap, and then got ready for dinner. Spent some time in the bar prior to our reservations then enjoyed a most wonderful meal. Husband had Sea Bass… was a special for the evening. Was the best Sea Bass we’ve ever had!
We will definitely be back, it is only 30 minutes away from our Sacramento home. So we may go for a Spa treatment and or dinner more than staying overnight, but all was fantastic and a great way to spend a weekend. Oh, and there was a large wedding taking place on the property – everything was so well organized, the large party did not interfere with our quite weekend a bit. Thank you for a great weekend retreat!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Spent almost a full week and had a great time. The grounds are lush and tropical, everything is well maintained, the staff is very professional and the on site restaurant is cozy. Used the spa facility to get a deep tissue massage and was very happy with the therapist. The pool, although a little chilly was clean as was the hot tub, which made for an invigorating combination. Only a couple of minor irritations: Garbage truck "beep-beep-beep" at 7:00 a.m., same with landscaping crew out a little early and last call in the bar is 10:00 p.m., a little early when you're socializing with friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lodi
Hampton Inn & Suites Lodi
Holiday Inn Express Lodi
Days Inn & Suites Lodi
Best Western I-5 Inn & Suites
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Motel 6 Lodi
Motel 6 Lodi
#6 of 13 in Lodi

Been to Wine & Roses Hotel? Share your experiences!