“Birthday get-a-way” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Roseville, CA
“Birthday get-a-way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have been here before and returned. We are glad we did. The room was nice and clean. The grounds were beautiful. I requested a room near a waterfall and it was great to have that sound going. We were close to all the wineries we wanted to go to. The restaurant was very good. The bar was nice with the piano bar. The customer service was good. I would return.

Room Tip: I liked the upstairs room near the waterfall. A very nice balcony. I noticed they had another set...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Lodi, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is an excellent restaurant, and the grounds are beautiful. For openers the Townes House restaurant is the former Wine and Roses restaurant. While I'm not sure what the point of the name change is, but this is the same establishment. I really enjoy this restaurant, and have several dishes I would recommend.

The olive oil sampler offers three distinctly different oils, a kalamada tapenade and bread from the Dancing Fox Bakery. The pear an endive salad rarely disappoints, and I would highly recommend it. The lamb dish changes seasonally, and I highly recommend the chops when they are available. My wife enjoys the scallops and the specials are always excellent.

Note that the menu is laid out out in an odd fashion, and it takes a moment to figure out the layout. The menu changes seasonally, but the core dishes are usually present, but the sides vary. They offer an excellent wine menu, and you're likely to find something to your liking.

The restaurant is pricy for Lodi, the servers almost expect your not from the area. Wine and Roses is, and has been, a bed and breakfast type of establishment. Over the years they have expanded the grounds and their ability to host larger events, corporate functions, and of course weddings. If you're a local, treat yourself, the food is predictable, and it's probably been a while since you've been.

I should also note that they have an excellent spa - my wife loves it. If your visiting Lodi to do a little wine tasting stop in for a nice upscale visit.

Room Tip: They have a variety of distinct rooms - make sure to ask as you will find one suited to your prefere...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Stockton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Horrible service . We reserved two rooms here for an event we were holding here. I arrived before our cardholder with my two children (8mos and 3yrs) while acknowledging I had a reservation they refused to allow me into my room before the credit card holder arrived. I was waiting in the lobby of a wine tasting room for hours with my crying kids. These people are a joke.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AleSmith69
Todd H, Front Office Manager at Wine & Roses Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback. While we are disappointed that your experience with us was not perfect, we are grateful for the feedback. We greatly value feedback given to us and believe it should be used as a tool to self-evaluate, and make necessary adjustments to our operating procedures and services so that we continue to strive to be the leader in culinary and hospitality excellence. Through comments like yours, we can continue to grow and improve our operation and enhance our guests’ experiences in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again, so that we may continue to build your confidence in Wine & Roses.

Todd Hill
Front Office Manager
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at wine and roses hotel and spa. I enjoyed every aspect of this hotel; the beautiful room and landscaping, the pool, the restaurant, the wine tasting, and best of all the spa!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

A trip to the west coast to visit wife's family and we escaped one day to visit a couple of wine areas not named Napa or Sonoma. We thought we would try this area, as we have been to the others mentioned. A first stop in Plymouth, CA then to Lodi, CA. We found W&R to be a very nice place to stay. There are few choices to pick from which made this place even more of a pleasant choice, as it is far and away the best place to stay in the area. The grounds and pool area are nice and the rooms with the balcony were decorated very well. We turned on the fireplace even though heat was not needed.

We ate at the on site restaurant, which was convenient after being out all day at several wineries. The staff was very good, and the food was decent. However, I would say the price is on the higher side, and not worth it.

Overall, a good experience. The wineries in both locations were very customer friendly, no price gauging or limited samples on tasting. If you are in the Sacramento area and want a quick visit to a wine valley, then you should make the trip and stay at W&R as you wont be disappointed.

Sleep Quality
Placerville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I got married on the property and stayed for several nights just this month. The hotel was impeccable! The beds were comfortable, rooms were spacious, clean, and felt so luxurious. The service was so prompt and friendly! I left some valuables in the room after checking out and had received a phone call within a couple of hours. I was so thankful for their efficiency! My husband and I are going to spend our one year anniversary here celebrating, but we've both said we can't to go back sooner!! I can't wait to come back again to celebrate!

Napa Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

In Woodbridge, of all places, there is a lovely oasis of leafy gardens and tasteful rooms with very comfy beds which you can sink into and forget all your cares. Sit outside at your little patio table and feel happy just to be in such a nice place. You won't be disappointed at Wine and Roses! The menu looked so very tempting but I didn't eat there, not enough time. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I was on a business trip but I would go there just for the fine experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in a building at the back, was super-quiet. But the place is so secluded, back from the roa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisavdw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lodi
Hampton Inn & Suites Lodi
BEST WESTERN I-5 Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Lodi
Days Inn & Suites Lodi
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lodi/North Stockton

Been to Wine & Roses Hotel? Share your experiences!