“If I could rate it less than terrible, I would”

Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Be sure to see the attached photos. In addition to the fire hazards and horrible housekeeping, if you are still thinking about staying here, don't plan on sleeping because there is a club next door that plays music you can hear in your room all night long.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle H
kishPP, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Michelle,
On behalf of our team, we apologize sincerely for not meeting your expections during your two nights stay with us. We wish your concerns were address while you stayed with us. We would have offered you a nonsmoking room (picutres of blue bedding guestrooms). You did reserve and wanted a smoking room. After you checked out from your two night stay you did reach to us through customer service depratment and accepted the 2000 reward points for the inconvenience. We focus on maintaining and updating the guest room furnishings and decor while ensuring total comfort for all our guests. We will be taking necessary corrections for our smoking room as you have indicated. Again, we apologize for any inconvenice. We hope you give Choice Hotels International another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

The room was clean, and I may have been able to ignor the train noise, but the beds were hard and uncomfortable. The pool and spa were closed and the only functioning ice machine was in the loby. In our non smoking rooms there were burn spots on the bed spread and head board.
When we went to the loby looking for the breakfast the only employee was on the phone. After a minute of being ignored My wife whispered Coffee? and was hushed. When the employee put the phone down my wife asked where the breakfast was, and was told it was next door. So she went to the next room to find a locked door and then went around the corner looking for the other next door. When she returned to the office the employee said I'll go unlock the door. This was at 8am. Their continental breakfast cereal, a few mini muffins and coffee and juice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
kishPP, General Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and suggestions. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed.
My apologies for our pool and spa being closed during your stay. It is seasonal and opens in April. For our guests convenience, we post it on our website.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My husband and I arrived 4 hours prior to their 4 O’clock check in, which was not a problem. We were given a room. We looked at the room before leaving to Sacramento; it was very clean with all the amenities stated would be available. However, when we returned, after setting the air conditioner before we left, our room was still very HOT. I went to the front desk and was given a new room, no questions asked. The second room’s air conditioner worked very well, but the coffee pot had been removed, which was not a problem since we were going to enjoy their continental breakfast in the morning. I would stay at this lodge again. It was very nice for the price and we were treated well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer C
kishPP, General Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

On behalf of our hotel staff, we are delighted to receive kind words of praise. It's truly rewarding when a guest reconizes our efforts! We accomodate many guests every night, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all guests at reasonable prices.
Again, we appreciate the kind words. We're committed to total satisfaction, and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

The front desk receptionist was very nice and extremely helpful. The room is what was disappointing. The non-smoking room had a noticeable smell of old smoke. Guess there is no way to get that out after years of smoking in there. The room looked very old and worn. The arm of the couch had ink x's all over it. When I removed the bedspread, which I do at all hotels I stay in, there were stains on the white comforter.They looked nasty and I don't even want to imagine what it was. When I saw the neighborhood that the hotel was in I was concerned. It is old and it shows. I should have checked this site before booking it. We left and went to the Holiday Inn Express. It was great!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank RetroTravelerCA
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I enjoyed the stay, my wife felt it was very average, (true). The desk Madame was very friendly,a little slow, but we weren't in a hurry. This was the most expensive out of three hotels we stayed at for the 5 days we were up north. ( lodi,sacramento,and monterey). The shower head was stuck on one function and there was a slight water ring in the toilet. Didn't get to use the jacuzzi or pool.(jacuzzi is why we stay at hotels). Everything was convenient, parking, room, office, hotel breakfast, downtown, freeway(s). The area could be a little rough if you're a patsy, otherwise its a quaint area of town in a city that's on the move.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boone5269
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Good value and great central location a few blocks from the freeway access. Normal Quality Inn breakfast was good. Rooms are clean and bathroom very nice/clean. Some furniture was worn and dated but reasonable. Good place to spend the night. Staff were friendly and helpful. A good value in budget accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brent_DUG
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This was a horrible experience pictures are deceptive in a bad part of town when we pulled up a teenager warned us of gang activity here. We checked in the door to our room was broke screws fell out. requested another room it was dirty unmade beds this was at 6pm went back a 3rd time gave us a room upstairs only to discover they had rented the room to an adult who supplied alcohol and left, turned it over to underage teen who then had a stream of kids in to party. we packed our bags and checked a few hours later knowing what our nite would be like. I've stayed at many hotels but never had this happen. The moment we drove in we were uneasy. I do not recommend this hotel at all. RC tustin,ca

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family