“Stay away unless you need drugs or a hooker”

Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Prepaid for handicap room got there they said it wasnt available. They said shower didnt work and that room has been used for stoarge the last six months which was a lie. I went in when the maid was cleaning it everything worked fine. Maid said nothing wrong with room. Stay away bad part of town lotta hooker and drugs

• Stayed: January 2014
9  Thank FamilyAdventureAgent
kishPP, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I would like to clarify a few things regarding your stay. First I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that was caused during your stay. You reserved a room with a special request. Requests are not gtd. Upon your check in our staff mentioned that your special request may not be accommodated. However she explained the options that would work for you. 1) we had another handicapp room 2) a discount for the inconvenience 3) a stay at another upgraded hotel in the area. You choose option one and two. Yes, the our second hanicapp room did have a plumbing problem and the following morning it was fixed and housekeeper was cleaning the room when you may have noticed it. Our housekeepers usually are never told if there were maintenance problems in the rooms that they clean. So they really did not answer your question correctly. As the for cliental that you mentioned stay at our are hotel I'm sorry you are incorrect about that. Again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I will just give the positives and negatives:
Positive - Bed was clean and comfortable. Got a good nights rest. Also the staff was friendly & helpful.
Negative - Internet mostly never worked, breakfast was skimpy offering no fruit or protein, walls not clean and decorations were from the 1980s, shower nozzle was backwards so you got freezing cold water when you thought you were turning up the heat. Oh, and tv did not get good reception on all channels.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Angel L

Thank you for your recent review. We would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. We will be sharing your feedback with the proper departments to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Bed and bath clean. Mind you I always bring Lysol spray and wipes and wipe down the door handles, the light switches, the remote, the phone including the winding cord and of course the bath, sink and toilet. Well I always wipe everything I think I may touch even in the cleanest places. I recommend that to everyone. Quiet area.There was a dried pet spot on the floor and I advised the front desk that it wasn't mine and I'd just cover it with a towel. The Manager, very friendly but somehow he screwed up and charged me twice. I could feel his anxiety and I don't know why. I'm still waiting for that to clear up. Pool and hot tub, I would say were questionable. I saw the 'help' dumping a gallon of bleach into the hot tub. It might kill everything but then it might not, and then again it might kill the person using it, but why guess. My advice is don't use it at all. For the price and pet allowed, I'm not complaining a lot, but I would not stay there again. There must be better places in Lodi? Maybe? It wasn't for me. I should have known better when I drove up to the Hotel and there was a BIG sign advertising "Special Weekly Rates". My experience has been that when people in small towns stay/live in a Motel/Hotel it really isn't the better place for tourists. I felt nervous that night and that is unusual for me. I can't give a 'real' reason, just my gut and my gut has always been right for me. I like staying in small towns. This is my third road trip South and back North alone and I try to go different routes and would recommend old Route 99. Absolutely beautiful this time of year. I don't recommend the Motel, but the drive is so worth it. Just stay somewhere else. Breakfast there as per the usual.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
kishPP, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear SheRascal,
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We are happy to hear that our guestrooms and bathroom area were clean. We are happy to hear that our location was quiet and our staff was friendly. I am sorry to learn that your stay was not up to the standards we strive to provide to all our guests. As you mentioned, its nice to hear that you are taking extra sanitizing steps when visiting even the cleanest places. Rest assure the hospitality industry (including us) uses sanitizing chemicals that are stronger than a store bought can of Lysol. Our apologizes for the stain on the carpet and the possible duplication of hotel rate charges. You mentioned that this is not resolved yet? Please contact us ASAP if needed. Your comments regarding the chemical use for our pool and spa are incorrect. We do not have "help" servicing our pool and spa. We have a reputable pool service company that has been in business for over ten years. We do NOT use bleach in our pool and spa. Again rest assure. As for our weekly rate banner is to welcome out of town guests who are in need of a reasonable rate for their extended stay here in LODI. Our city is consists of wine/vegetables growers/harvesters, supervisors, work crew, and many families that come to visit their senior family members. Our town is popular for seniors to retire in. I hope this clarifies why we have a 2ft x 2ft banner. Also rest assure that our 24 hour front desk staff is here to assist in making a comfortable stay for all guests. Again thank you for your comments we appreciate it.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was a VERY affordable place to stay in Lodi. We have stayed at other "budget" hotels in the area and this one was excellent for the price. We stayed in room 225 upstairs in the back. The room was spacious and clean. There was very little noise and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: I would as for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
kishPP, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for choosing the Econolodge Inn during your recent visit to Lodi, We are happy to read that you were very pleased with our staff, cleanliness of our hotel, and the very reasonable price you paid for your accommodations. Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose us the next time you're in Lodi.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I spent an evening in Lodi after a weekend doing wine country in Napa. Although the wineries in Lodi are no comparison to Napa yet, it is a friendlier place to try wines. There are very few lodging options and Econo Lodge was one of the better ones. It was affordable, quiet and clean.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Ian,
Thank you for your review regarding your stay. We know that there are many choices in the hospitality world, and we are thankful you chose us! We always try to provide the best value for our guest. Providing a clean atmosphere at reasonable prices is what we stand for. We are glad to hear that our hotel was affordable, clean and quiet. Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose us the next time you are in Lodi.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The room was clean, comfortable and the amenities were good for the price. The continental breakfast was the normal juice, coffee, cold cereal and muffins. The continental breakfast room remains locked, so you need to go to the front desk to have the room unlocked.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
kishPP, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for stying with us and taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to read that you were pleased with how our guestrooms were comfortable and clean. We know that there are many choices in the hospitality industry, and we are thankful you chose us! We always try to provide the best value for our guests. Providing a clean atomsphere at reasonable prices is what we stand for. We look forward to seeing you next time when you visit LODI.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Be sure to see the attached photos. In addition to the fire hazards and horrible housekeeping, if you are still thinking about staying here, don't plan on sleeping because there is a club next door that plays music you can hear in your room all night long.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle H

Dear Michelle,
On behalf of our team, we apologize sincerely for not meeting your expections during your two nights stay with us. We wish your concerns were address while you stayed with us. We would have offered you a nonsmoking room (picutres of blue bedding guestrooms). You did reserve and wanted a smoking room. After you checked out from your two night stay you did reach to us through customer service depratment and accepted the 2000 reward points for the inconvenience. We focus on maintaining and updating the guest room furnishings and decor while ensuring total comfort for all our guests. We will be taking necessary corrections for our smoking room as you have indicated. Again, we apologize for any inconvenice. We hope you give Choice Hotels International another chance to serve you better.