“Great property with great staff”

Holiday Inn Express Lodi
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Victoria, Canada
“Great property with great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

First time staying in Lodi and chose the HI because it was pet friendly and just of the highway plus easy to find. Can't go wrong in my books and if I am back this way again, it will be my one and only choice. Great breakfast set up and staff very friendly and helpful. HI Express seems to be the best of all properties when travelling between western Canada and the southern USA. Have tried other but will stick with HI whenever possible - pet friendly is the key for us

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Buddi2365
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review, we appreciate the feedback. We were happy to Welcome you and your pet to Lodi and look forward to seeing you back in Lodi soon. Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Happy and Safe Travels!
Beth & Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Applegate, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I booked this hotel for my retired Mom and Dad traveling home from Oregon to Southern California. Typically we stay at the HIExpress in Elk Grove, however this time Mom was hoping to make extra time the first leg of the trip. I my adult kids have stayed here at the Lodi location before on their way home from Ca. so I knew it was another excellent HIExpress location by their feedback. The check in was seamless and the room was great. What really needs to be addressed is how the staff and manager went above and beyond to ensure my Dad's comfort while there. My Dad is disabled and needs a large chair to sit in for stability and comfort. I assumed the Lodi location would have the same furniture as the Elk Grove. When we realized it was different I phoned the front desk and the gal at the front desk (I wish I remembered her name) told me she would do all she could to get my Dad a chair to sit comfortably in. She spoke with the manager and they pulled a piece of lobby furniture to put into my parents room. I was incredibly pleased to here that my Dad was comfortable and safe and that this location would go through such additional effort to ensure that. I am grateful and such a fan of HIExpress hotels. I hold memberships with other hotel chains and HIExpress continues to take my business when traveling personally due to price, locations, room quality and staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Kelly S
Thank you for taking your time to write us an excellent review! We appreciate it more than you know! We love having your family stay with us and are thrilled you chose to stay in Lodi, CA. It was our pleasure to accommodate your Dad. I will make sure Jaimie knows how much you appreciate her service. Thanks again and hope to see your family back in Lodi, CA soon!
Happy Holidays!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Newer hotel in a somewhat remote location on the east side of Lodi. The staff was excellent and very friendly. Breakfast buffet was great with a variety of cereals as well as hot foods including biscuits and gravy. Pancake maker was unique. The room was very large and very clean. The only small negative is the entry from street which was hard to find at first since the property is set back a little. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear bmateus44
Thank you for taking your time to write us an excellent review. We appreciate your comments our staff is thrilled to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back in Lodi, CA again - we look forward to Welcoming you!
Upland, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed the weekend for a family funeral. It just happened to be the same weekend as the Lodi Grape Harvest Fesival so they were pretty full for the weekend.
Nice clean rooms but housekeeping was very slow. They picked up our dirty towels but never brought any clean ones. When we called the front desk they said right away. It took another hour and a trip to the front desk. I guess we weren't on the normal tourist time schedule so it appeared to be more annoying. The breakfast was good and the front desk personnel were very accommodating. They let us use the Breakfast area for a little family get together. They also have a Funeral rate that was a very good deal.

Room Tip: the upper floors have view of winery
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear BobBarb:

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. I am sorry to hear our Housekeeping Department was not up to par. I have passed on your comments to our Head Housekeeper to share with our Staff. In regard to the towels, I apologize as this is un-acceptable. It should not take you having to ask us twice nor an hour to get what you've requested. Again, my apologies for the inconveniences we caused.
Beth Green & Staff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Holiday Inn is very tranquil peaceful hotel. Loved the stay. Great service and hospitality, and very clean. Located next to the vineyard, nice scenery. Not alot of noise and the free breakfast is good too.

• Stayed July 2013
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Boywhometworld
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review, it means a lot to us! Sounds like you enjoyed your stay and we were happy to Welcome you to our Hotel! We hope to see you back again in Lodi at one of our many wonderful events!
Thank YOU!
Beth & Julie
Menifee, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

A trip to Lodi, Ca., in June of this year for a family wedding, I was unable to obtain a reservation at my "usual" hotel . Next store I observed the Holiday Inn, was able to obtain a room for several nights.
Front desk and overall service very good, room very clean, breakfast buffet excellent.
This is a very user friendly facility, conveniently located near major Lodi streets and freeways.
Two nights later checked back in for one night. Same good service
Would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lakes13menifee_Ca_
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review, it means the world to our Staff! We are happy to hear you had a pleasant experience and that you came back...already! We hope to see you back again in Lodi soon for another wonderful event!
Thank you again!
Happy & Safe Travels,
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was a great place to stay on our way through Lodi.
I think that this may be a new location and everything seemed new for sure.
The surprise was that in the evening there is an open area where local wine, beer and snacks are served all included in the price of the room. Really a nice addition. In the morning the same location serves and breakfast.
This is a pet friendly location(one of the few Holiday Inn Express that is) and the fee was very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Cherill
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review! We are glad that you found our surprise in Lodi and enjoyed your stay! We hope to welcome you and your pet back to Lodi soon!
Thank you!