“Gringo Style”

Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We've been here numerous times over the years. Lunch, dinner and parties. The menu seems to have something for each persons taste. I try something different each time we go there. They have a large banquet room also. The food is good but swimming in too much sauce for me, and chef is heavy handed with the cumin spice. But they don't overload it all with cheese, thank you.

1  Thank KauaiSalt

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stopped in on a Sunday evening with a party of ten. Only a 5 minute wait and we were seated at a nice large table. The salsa and chips were very good and the bowls were kept filled. The meals were very good and were large portioned. The service was very good and not one complaint was uttered during our visit to this nice little Mexican restaurant. There is plenty of parking outside and it is only seconds away from Hwy 99, so it is easily accessible to all. I had not been there for a quarter of a century, so did not expect it to be even better than my pleasant memories of long ago visits.

1  Thank JRonaldT
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My family has been going to this restaurant for many, many years. If you like Mexican food this is the place to go. The food is consistantly good and one of my favorites is the house salad. The dressing they make themselves, and you will not find it anywhere else. If you love flan try it here...its good. Habanero Hots is a family style type restaurant and it has an additional large room for big parties. They also have delivery service for parties.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is our favorite place to go to eat. The staff is so professional. They take the time to explain the menu items to you. This is also the first place that I have seen the owner actually working . He makes drinks at the bar, he greats his guests and he also serves the food. If it is real busy it might seem like the food takes a little longer, but that is because they make their food to order. If you want to change something on the menu there is no problem. The have 3 of the greatest cooks. The owner John also takes his turn at cooking.
We also had a 90th. birthday party for my mother. We had a lot of family from out of town and the food and service was excellent. They treated us like if we were their family.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The service was great. The food was good but nothing I haven't tasted before. Good basic Mexican food.

1  Thank Erika D

Been to Habanero Hots? Share your experiences!