“Bugs in my meal!! Gross!! "Oh that's normal they come in the vegetables says the manager."”

Shangri La Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
Ranked #13 of 193 Restaurants in Lodi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Galt, California
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Me and my family went here for a birthday dinner with 13 people. They had pretty good service up untill we saw bugs in the soup. I almost threw up my meal. I told the manager about it and he said" oh that's normal that they come in the vegetables." I was livid!! I demanded that he do something about it and he said" don't worry I no charge for soup" Really!! That's all you are going to do!! I stood up paid my bill and walked out. I will never step foot in that place again!!

“Best Asian restaurant in Lodi”
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Sushi at Shangri La is bit pricey but you will not be dissapointed with quality. I like their Chinese food too. I would say Chinese food is as good as Dave Wong's.

lodi,ca
“Sushi bar rocks!”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Love the sushi bar! If there is something NOT on the menu, just ask. The Sushi chef will most likely be able to make it for you. Also love the fact that we can take family with us that would prefer Chinese food, because everyone can order just what they want.

Visited August 2012
Lodi, California
“Dont come here for the food!”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Do restaurants serve fresh food anymore? If Gordon Ramsey ate here he would be disgusted. Couldn't they even finish the meal. I'm tired of wasting money trying to find a decent place to eat in this town. Where do chefs go to find a great meal in Lodi, CA?

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Brandon L
Carlin, Nevada
“if you like being sick, eat here”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This building was the old Cottage bakery. I waited anxiously for a new restaurant to open. Family run and at first Great service. As they became more popular and hired paycheck only staff, everything went downhill. The two main problems became the quality of the food. Dessert was always mochi ice-cream. Mochi ice-cream is a small ball of ice-cream surrounded by a soft rice based dough. Their vender for mochi ice-cream was supplying a hard covering that was like eating silicon. This became a pattern and when my dessert arrived I had the waitress eat a piece and she could not, she spit it into her hand. The next major disappointment became with the sushi roll. It tasted like butane. I even got sick several times after eating there. I checked with another sushi restaurant that I frequent as to why, and they told me the prep in the kitchen was not turning the flame on all the way when brazing my roll and the rice was picking up on the butane. The next time I returned to Shangrila and ordered my favorite roll I explained the problems I had been having. Again when my food arrived I could smell the butane and again I had the waitress take the first bit and she again had to spit it into her hand. I guess what the rub was, is that they refused to take it off the bill! That was it for me. I go to Haru or Oz and don’t get sick and get the service you deserve as a paying customer.

• Visited March 2011