“good asian food in lodi?? ABSOLUTELY!!”

Shangri La Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
Ranked #13 of 193 Restaurants in Lodi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Brookings, Oregon
“good asian food in lodi?? ABSOLUTELY!!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

good asian food in lodi?? absolutely!!

the wor wonton soup i had was the best i've had in a long time. although the broth had no flavor, the shrimp, chicken and dumplings were delicious. i had the garlic spicy pork which was exceptionally scrumptious - and SPICY!! the white rice was prepared perfectly - which is not necessarily a 'given' at asian / chinese restaurants.

hubby's hot and sour soup, he said, was not good. i tasted it and i lacked real flavor and tang. his mongolian beef was superb.

our friend's sweet and sour chicken was to die for.

we had a cheesecake - can't remember which one, but it was decadent.

the highlight of our evening was being assisted by raymond. he sat us in a booth, even though there were only 3 of us, he humbly recommended the cheese cake for dessert, and was altogether attentive and wonderful.

• Visited November 2013

florida
“Annual stop for good sushi”
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

I give this a 3 rating for several reasons. we all ordered the soup and it came lukewarm. The salmon was very thin and VERY salty!!! The sushi was fine which is the main reason we come every year. The place has a nice atmosphere . We especially like eating in the semi circle booths in the bar. Service is excellent and staff is very friendly.

• Visited April 2013
Sacramento, California
“Asian fusion cuisine. My family votes this place YUM.”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The atmosphere is contemporary and is a little quieter than other restaurants.. It is a good place to have a peaceful and delicious dinner with friends or family.

We usually order sushi and start with Miso soup or salad. .The other meals are great, too.

While this isn't traditional family style restaurant dining, the staff is extremely cordial to our five year old and our babies.

We are always pleased with the friendly service and delicious meals we enjoy there.

• Visited February 2013
Galt, California
“Bugs in my meal!! Gross!! "Oh that's normal they come in the vegetables says the manager."”
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Me and my family went here for a birthday dinner with 13 people. They had pretty good service up untill we saw bugs in the soup. I almost threw up my meal. I told the manager about it and he said" oh that's normal that they come in the vegetables." I was livid!! I demanded that he do something about it and he said" don't worry I no charge for soup" Really!! That's all you are going to do!! I stood up paid my bill and walked out. I will never step foot in that place again!!

“Best Asian restaurant in Lodi”
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Sushi at Shangri La is bit pricey but you will not be dissapointed with quality. I like their Chinese food too. I would say Chinese food is as good as Dave Wong's.

Been to Shangri La Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar? Share your experiences!