Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lodi/North Stockton
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here visiting family and checking out the Lodi wine scene. The free wifi was really nice. Room was very clean. Not exactly Wynn, but excellent for a budget. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Continental breakfast had more options than a lot of other places have nowadays. Pretty sweet spot for Lodi. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Picked this location off a map as we were traveling from Yosemite to Monterey. Decided to take a chance on this place to help our trip stay on budget as it was very reasonably priced. This is a funny location, nothing around but a couple of motels, gas stations, and fast food places. That was all we needed for this particular portion of our trip.I thought the place was adequately clean. The bed was comfortable. The basic continental breakfast was adequate. The shower head was seriously blocked with what looked like mineral deposits. No shampoo, which was ok as I carry my own brand anyways. One thing I did not care for; we went out a side door to access a fast food place for dinner. There was a rather large gathering in the parking lot on hotel property right by the door. Several men were performing various types of car maintenance and/or repairs with parts and tools strewn about. This was a little puzzling to me, and I don't think a professional manager would allow it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I came in and rented a room after driving 12 hours. I was tired, hungry, and in need of a bath and sleep. I dropped my stuff off in the room, and left for dinner. I came back to realize that the tub was CAKED with soap scum. I ran a finger along the tub and came up with lotsa gunk on my finger. Hmmm. No shampoo either- oh well. I'll shower and hop into bed.
Oh the bathroom walls have... funk spots on them. I don't know what was splattered on the wall but it looks chunky- probably best not to look too close.
The room comes with a pet fly. I named him Albert.
I decided to check the bed before I crawled into it. I opened the sheets of the bed, and discovered wrinkles- has this been slept on already? AAAND DOG HAIR. Oh. Yes it has. Why did they leave me Albert instead of Fido?!

I called the front desk. They said they didn't have any other rooms. The Wifi didn't work. huh there is more unidentified hair, OH and FUNK (not the musical kind- I mean something unidentified smeared on the sheets) on the bed. I called the front desk again- "I'm really tired, can you have someone just come change the sheets for me? This room is filthy! Did someone miss it?" They promised to send someone, but alas, I waited, and no one came.

I admit that after an hour of waiting for my bath, I got cranky. I went down and told them that I was leaving and needed my money back. BUT because I had been in the room for more than an hour, they could not refund my money. Too bad, so sad. I could go down the smoke-filled hall from my nonsmoking room and have a smoking room if I wanted it... No thank you. I asked for a manager to help me. Surely they would at least be decent enough to give me my money back. NOPE. No manager around. I left, paid for a different hotel room at a different hotel (Best Western across the street- they are more expensive but the room is clean and quite nice- and includes shampoo, yay!

Do not go to Microtel. The room was seriously filthy. Upon closer inspection, not even the bathroom floor had been cleaned, and the bathroom sink had mold under it- even the tv remote didn't have a back on it. BAD experience all the way around.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank M M
Reviewed 25 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for cheep you will find it here. Clean? Not so much. Bathroom was dirty. Carpet in the whole place could have used a good cleaning. Everything just looked like it needed to be cleaned. Looked for alternative lodging and couldn't find anything to accommodate our family. The non-smoking room/floor smelled more like a smoking optional floor. Even the 7 year old said it smelled gross. The staff was rude at best. When we askes if there anything to do in the area we were told by the front desk person "I don't know. I don't live around here." Really? Breakfast was frozen waffles, yogurt, brused bananas, and watery coffee. Will not go back....ever.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LoriG137
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights during June 2013, overall my impression was average.
Hotel is located at an interstate interchange, everything was pretty much as you would expect from this chain, no nasty surprises, no good surprises, pretty much what you expect.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business