Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lodi/North Stockton
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Lodi
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice, clean room. Staff very friendly and helpful. Check in was easy and room was ready on time. Everything was in working order. Very good continential breakfast options. TV list of channels did not correspond to what was available.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bobby K, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lodi/North Stockton, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
All of us here at the Microtel, Lodi are grateful for your wonderful review on our staff and service. Please do come back for a future stay if you are ever in the area. We would love to have you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Big Bear Lake, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I recently had cause to quit staying at the Best Western Plus next to this Microtel and in Lodi proper (see my other reviews regarding some of the reasons). So, on my latest stay in connection with the military vehicle swap meet at Tower Park, I stayed here. This Microtel was the first hotel I stayed at many years prior to staying at the Best Western next door and the one on Cherokee Lane in east Lodi. The reason I initially changed was due to being part of the Best Western rewards program and the fact that the rooms at the BW motels were more spacious and offered a better complimentary breakfast. However, the reasons detailed in my BW reviews dictated a move back to Microtel. The rates are much more reasonable than either of the BWs and given the fact that I wasn't spending much time in the room, the extra space afforded by the BW motels was an unnecessary extravagance for one person. At any rate, little had changed in the five years since I quit staying at Microtel. The rooms are very small, like a European hotel, but adequate for one person, with a refrigerator and microwave oven. The TV, which I don't watch anyway, is still an old-fashioned cathode ray tube type sitting on top of the closet at an angle for viewing. It has a very limited range of stations to choose from. In the room, much of my waking time is spent checking e-mails on my laptop and the free wireless is just barely adequate to do that online. Although their system is divided into "west" and "east" systems, I was only getting two bars. In order to listen to streaming music, I eventually had to switch to my Verizon "MiFi" hotspot, which I carry with my laptop and thank goodness I had it, since the Microtel wireless was inadequate for that use. The bathroom was small, but adequate and, unlike its BW neighbor across the street, had good water pressure and flow through the shower head (one of my complaints never addresses by that BW). When I first got in the room, I tried to call the front desk to learn the wireless password, but found the phone dead as a doornail. I mentioned that to the desk clerk and by the following day, the phone was functioning. The breakfast, as alluded to earlier, is barely adequate for sustenance. The only hot grub offered is oatmeal and waffles that need to be heated in the microwave. At least BW has them beat there, with sausages and scrabbled eggs, which I guess explains part of the cost differential. On the morning I checked out, the oatmeal was out, so I drew that to the desk clerk's attention (she also did double-duty with the complimentary breakfast). At any rate, when she returned from the kitchen, the oatmeal while hot, was more like oat meal soup. She had either added to little instant oatmeal or too much water, however you want to look at it. Needless to say, I didn't have any oatmeal that morning. All-in-all, my stay was OK, without any egregious happenings. The room faced north toward the BW and the Taco Bell across the street (one of many fast food joints in that area), so I didn't pick up a lot of freeway noise from Interstate 5. My neighbors were also quiet and I only heard the TV next door the first night. For those on a budget and for those whom a room doesn't have to be large or the breakfast choices many, the Microtel is an adequate place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the single slow, hydraulic elevator if you're on the 2nd or 3rd floor, such...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bobby K, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lodi/North Stockton, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on our hotel. We appreciate your business here with us at the Microtel and we are thankful for your comments regarding our location. Please do stop by next year when your in the area for your military car show. May you have safe travels!