“digusting,dirty and not so friendly.”

Lodi El Rancho Motel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
“digusting,dirty and not so friendly.”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

people beware! I agree with the other reviews. when I open the door it smell like something died in there! it was really creepy like we were being watch.my boyfriend was tired from driving so I figure ill try and deal with it. as soon as I lift the blanket there was pubic! hair all on the bed and pillow eeeeew..that was it we got up and left. we found a better further down the street called where the staff was alot nicer and more acommedating.beware people.

4 Thank missbecky888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
California
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This hotel staff was so great and friendly. I wasn't expecting much when we stopped here, but I was pleasntly surprised. The front desk was accomodating to my husband's special needs. Besides being conveniently located, the room was clean and quiet. Although it was not anything special, it was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
santa cruz, ca
Reviewed 24 June 2009

On my 2nd recent stay, I was not pleased. The room stank awfully of a very heavy chemically antiseptic type cleaner, which barely faded after 3 nights (wonder what they're trying to cover up with that). There were little hairs in the sink upon arrival (looked like trimmings from someone who shaved). Will not return. Too bad because I still think the rooms themselves are fine for the price and the location is fairly close to wineries.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aurabelle

Travellers are raving about these Lodi hotels

modesto
Reviewed 1 March 2008

I agree with the other 2 reviewers 100 %. The room reeked so much of smoke, had to leave the window open a little to let some air in. Old showers, it took a long time for the hot water to heat up and it got cold quick. The heaters are old style too, on the wall type (circa 1960's). Slept on top of bedspread in sleeping bags, afraid of what was between the sheets. It's next to a bar/night club, very loud and a lot of traffic noise. Apparently, this place has a lot of traffic of it's own of the illegitimate kind. The staff must be in cahoots with these people, because they watch you like a hawk. I guess it's so the innocent don't rat out the guilty and put them out of business. The staff was very rude when we complained of the ongoings of the other guests, they accused us of being the problem. We only left the room twice. For a dump, it is overpriced. Too bad this town doesn't have a Motel 6 or a Super 8.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank modestoangel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 May 2005

Front desk service was terrible, I was watched as though I was a criminal!

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Winters, CA
Reviewed 3 March 2005

We stayed here for a soccer tournament. It was soooo scary! It looked as though the people on the first floor were permanent residents! And, it seemed that the one story rooms were on an "hourly rate" from the traffic observed at night. We were awakened one night by the sound of gunfire! There were questionable people "partying" in the parking lot all weekend. We couldn't wait to get out of here!

• Stayed October 2003