“Wonderful Place”
Review of Motel 6 Lodi

Motel 6 Lodi
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I'm not a big fan of Motel 6, but this place was lovely. Clean, large, tasteful room, with down comfort covered in sheeting, so you know it's been clean. No nasty bedspread to remove. Julie at the front desk was very accommodating and helpful in getting us checked in early, and recommending restaurants. I wouldn't hesitate to visit here again. Apparently this used to be a Best Western motel, and it shows. Only difference is no shampoo or coffee in the room, but coffee is available in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Besides this stay, I have stayed at a Motel 6 only one other time. I have not been back since because I was mortified at the conditions. The Lodi Motel 6 was the opposite of my original experience. The price point was what I was looking for for the weekend. The room was clean. The hotel is set far back on the property so there is not a lot of traffic noise. There is 24 hour security patrolling the property so I was not concerned about my vehicle. I would stay at this Motel 6 again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Motel 6 is a chain I seldom frequent: minimal accommodations, no breakfast, small rooms, near a freeway and noise, poor TV—you get what you pay for. But this one is different! Large room, microwave, small fridge, excellent WiFi, working TV, roomy bath, comfortable bed, remote from freeway noise, very safe with security guard. Separate laundry and ice room (although the key did not work well). What a pleasant surprise. I'll stay there again.

That said, it is not the least expensive motel in Lodi—more in the upper half in cost. It is the only hotel in town that doesn't offer a breakfast (although their ad on Trip Advisor says the DO offer breakfast). The pool is dinky. But for a Motel 6, this must be the queen of the chain.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine. No elevator to second story. A former Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Motel 6 -Really ?

I have always been kind of a motel snob, and inexpensive motels where not some where I would frequent. But in the last few years it has seemed that there is wisdom in saving some $$.

We stayed at Motel 6 in Lodi and we were very much pleased. yes there was not the Bulgari Green shower Gel or even the convienent shoe shine luxury towel, but our room was clean and the pool was very comfortable and clean.

We had a very friendly check in person, and even though the conceirge desk seemed to be closed ,the check in gal gave us a great recommendation for a mexican dinner place that was fantastic and authentic.

We would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room not on the freeway side
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

One of the best entrances to any Motel 6 is the palm tree-lined drive to this property. It's also the only place for trucks and buses to park. Familiarize yourself with the features of franchise Motel 6 properties so that you won't be looking for the normal motel amenities like shampoo, hand lotion, ironing boards, comforters or even night stands on both sides of the bed. The traffic on Rte. 99 came through the door that seemed to be sprung, but was well-weatherstripped. That said, the rooms are clean, have small refrigerators and microwaves, better than average towels and a bath/shower/toilet area big enough for one of those trucks. For the rack rate of $56 plus tax, you could do a lot worse, but hardly much better.

Room Tip: The room we had on the 2nd floor of a building perpendicular to the highway was noisy from the Rt. 9...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This is not your usual Motel 6 the room was very nice and clean with modern touches. I had a room on the feeway side but did not hear much noise. The only suggestion is I have is leave the jacuzzi open a little later or open a little earlier. I will stay here again when im in the Lodi area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a step above most Motel 6's we've stayed at in the past. I booked this motel because it was a business trip for my husband and me and I checked the reviews and they sounded like it would be a good bet. Price was right - $60./night with 4th night free.
No big complaints except they do not offer any kind of breakfast (except lobby coffee). It was close to our business location so it worked out good for us.

Room Tip: We were in a 1st floor room across from the pool and found it a fine location. Don't know about...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business