See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I must suggest that any positive review of this place is by motel 6 employees only. The first room they gave us stank of urine and when we walked ino the bathroom to check it out - someone had already used the toilet! The rug was blotchy all over from attempts to clean the soils. The bed was so sunken and old that it was obvious just by looking at it. The odors were so bad I was concerned we'd get sick just by breathing in the bacteria, it was THAT bad. We requested a new room and the air conditioning was on; the room was 40 degrees. But it didn't smell, at least. We attempted to turn on the heater, but even the heater blew out cold air. We slept fully clothed with long-sleved shirts AND sweatshirts and jeans and two layers of socks - and doubled over the bed cover trying to stay warm. This was only two weeks ago in early September with an outdoor evening temperature of 86 degrees. Thank gosh it was only one night. Next time we also would spend another hour on the highway to another place before ever doing this again.

Room tip: Truthfully - choose a different hotel. In our locations we stayed in similar priced but far, far nicer accommodations.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Cheap is the only thing I can say about this place. A/C worked. Water was hot one morning but just lukewarm on another. Room was clean enough but I found bits of crackers on the floor left un-vacuumed. Sheets and towels are threadbare. Bring EVERYTHING else including soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, Kleenex, etc. But if you forget, there is an Albertson’s across the street. I requested a non-smoking room and was provided one labeled as such. But it was interesting to find an ashtray in the room, with a non-smoking sticker at the bottom of the ashtray. It is as if they knew people are going to smoke despite what kind of room they are given, so might as well give them the ashtray. There is no soundproofing to speak of between rooms. Several times I was awaken in the middle of the night thinking that someone broke into our room to use our bathroom, only to find that (thank goodness) that it was just some neighbor using theirs. I do NOT recommend females traveling alone to stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I've stayed a few different hotels in the area. The Motel 6 is nice for the price! It is pet friendly, has an outdoor pool, laundry, and decent rooms. I stayed a few days and it is very clean! Every day someone was cleaning the pool, they have numerous maids, and I always saw someone cleaning the grounds. I would highly recommend over the Days Inn and the Red Roof Inn!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here due to a flood in my house. My family and I had no other choice but to stay here. The water was hot and cold hot and cold, the beds were VERY hard, the AC barely worked, they didn't have a non-smoking room at this time so we were stuck in a smoking room. Cheapest place to stay and only stay here if you totally have to and the town is booked up due to an event! I wouldn't stay here again. I would travel to Santa Maria if this was to happen to us again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It's just a motel, so I didnt expect much from it. They charged 2.99 for wifi which doesnt really work too well. The front desk was pretty fast though. The shower is not working too well as water is still coming out of both the shower head and the water hose.

Date of stay: July 2013