“Oh, no! Not Here!! Run!”
Review of Inn at Highway 1

Inn at Highway 1
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Now, don't get me wrong. My hubby and I stay at low budget hotels the majority of the time. This is the bottom of the barrel. One word: Disguisting!
I booked through another dot com site which must have a crap load of fake reviews because it is listed as 3 stars. No way this is 3 stars, no way!!! I went crazy when we got to our room, which was 119. The room above us had holey curtains, room next door had a broken screen and rotted wood frame. Then, the people on the other isde of us came out and it looked like they lived there. Scary! Inside our room the bedding (comforter & blanket) had stains. Both chairs were stained to high heaven, flithy!! The carpet was soooo gross, no way we would take off our shoes in there. The table had smeared stuff all over it. Hubby went to the bathroom and said "don't come in here!" He said he had to flush with his shoe because he didn't want to touch anything, I have never ran out of a motel fast enough!!! Gross, gross, gross!!
The front desk was nice about giving a refund but, the dot com company had to get some of my bad side before they gave in.
As, we drove away we saw day labors with chairs out side of their rooms. Again, as if they lived there. Oh,also the tiny closet that holds the breakfast items is gross, too. No seating, just breakfast cereal in there.

Room Tip: Do not be fooled by good reviews, there is no good room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed one night. The bed was hard so it was hard to sleep. Thin walls. Heard the people in the next rooms. It was reasonably priced and a coffee shop is conveniently located across the street. Best for those on a tight budget or heavy sleepers.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Dots32729
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed here thinking that we would get a good deal for $80.00. We arrived about 10pm, the wife of the team checked us in ~ no welcome, no we are happy to have you, just where is your credit card... only to be put in a room that was old and dingy, the window was broken and taped with masking tape, the carpets were stained, but even worse than that, some of the bathroom linens were stained (OMG!). We went to sleep, but woke up sore due to the very hard mattress. In the morning we found one clean towel, and my husband found out that the shower did not work. We tried to call the office to tell them, but the phone did not work. We called the office from our cell, told the man we wanted a different room, he said he'd check & put me on hold for 10 MINUTES, then showed up at the door and asked if we were going to stay. We went to see another room, their "show room" the one that has been "remodeled", new paint, bed linens etc., made sure everything worked and agreed to stay. We agreed to say for our next night since this room was better, but asked for some type of compensation for the horrible room and the fact that we were now very late for our appointment. He said he would check (apparently with his wife). When we returned late afternoon, I went to the office and the wife was very defensive and said "there was NOTHING wrong with the first room, the shower worked (basically calling my husband a liar or incompetent.....and believe me, we've turned on a number of showers) and the phone was JUST plugged in wrong and they would not do anything about it" (she had nothing to say about the dirty linens). I told her that we would never stay there again, that we would complete the Choice Hotel survey and that we would give a review on TripAdvisor to let everyone know of our bad experience and how rudely we were treated. Her condesending response was: "Fine.....won't be the first time!" So, in conclusion... stay ANYWHERE else!!! There are a number of other hotels, including other Choice Hotels, higher rates, but worth it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My husband has a long term assignment requiring a lengthy stay in Lompoc. We both are delighted with the reasonable rates, accommodating staff, location and cleanliness of the room. Considering the rates, this is the best value in Lompoc in our opinion. We won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Your credit card will be double charged. I now have to deal with overdraft charges and the fact I cant afford my medication. Have fun staying at a fraudulent establishment.....and trying to get your money back.

Room Tip: Pay cash so they dont double charge your credit card.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Smooth check-in. Clean room and bathroom. Room was large with separate sink area - a good idea when sharing a room. People were friendly. Surprisingly quiet night. All plumbing and appliances worked as they should. Not fancy, but at $49 per night it's a good value. I've seen much worse for two or three times the price. A very inexpensive alternative to staying in Solvang 15 miles away.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Our usual Lompoc motel was full so we stayed one night over the Memorial Day weekend at the Americas Best Value Inn (although Best is not the descriptive word I would use). The room was large but very run down. We brought our own towels based on someone else’s review, and I was glad we did (one towel had stains). When I was standing in the bathroom area- you could hear the guests in the adjoining room so clearly it was as if they were standing in your room! I was self conscious talking! And – at 3:30 in the morning there were loud guests banging room doors and talking loudly. The management did come around 4:00 AM to quiet down the guests, but they could do more in the way of insulating the rooms. The doors don’t have springs to prevent them from slamming and I could see light from the hallway under the door. The rooms all open into one long center (partially indoor) hallway that was essentially one long echo chamber. This place is not recommended for light sleepers. The room did have an ironing board and iron, a coffee maker, and a blow dryer which I appreciated. Unless major upgrades are initiated I doubt I will be back. There are other motels in the area for about the same price or less that are not as run down (we paid $89).

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple