“Stayed 1 night”
Review of Inn at Highway 1

Inn at Highway 1
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I have nothing bad to say about this Inn. We stayed there only one night, cause I was too tired to drive. Room was big and clean. Shower(warm water), tv and wifi worked well. I can recommend this Inn if you are going to stay night or two.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 September 2012

So we stayed at this place just to lay our heads down after a long drive. We were really disappointed at the shape of the place.
1. The hall way is nasty.
2. There is no tub to soak your feet.
3. It is hot & there is no AC.
4. While we were unpacking our night bag several people were peeking through their windows. We have come to the conclusion they live there full time.
5. The beds were hard and we had a strange feeling there was some sort of creep crawly with us in bed.

Just scroll pass this hotel. So not worth it!

Room Tip: "Not worth it!"
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KristinaL3
Reviewed 19 August 2012

On a trip to Solvang, we arrived late and had not planned ahead. We booked desperately at the Lompoc Rodeway. The other reviews were intimidating but we needed a room. Staff was friendly on the phone and at check in/out. Exterior entrances to your room. The upstairs hallway was a little sketchy- dirty carpet and a long hall of doors with florescent lighting. I felt more comfortable once we got in our room. I also felt safer being on the second floor even though we had the icky hallway. The room was great- it was clean, basic, Motel 6 type. The linens (nice), towels (clean but not plush), and floors/ walls were clean. Nightstand with lamps, big dresser with a box tv ( worked fine). The price though was outrageous for what it was..... We paid $160.00 after tax!!! We were stuck so had to pay up. Oh, and no ac only heat- we slept with the window open.... And to top it off we woke up at midnight to cops banging on a door down the hall and escorting a woman out to the parking lot below. ( no way did I open my door- just peered out the window). We skipped the breakfast in the morning- it was coffee and milk.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Firstly with two persons on staff there we still had to wait outside a locked door just to get in the place while they ran off somewhere else.
The room was large enough and the bed! harder than a rock with no cover on the duvet.The towels are very old and almost thread bare. Free parking but my back will never be the same from the bed, I woke up several times as I was so uncomfortable.Shampoo but no conditioner...good thing i bring my own, almost as bad as shampoo with conditioner together!
The place looks barely kept, the carpets are filthy along the halls and as pets are allowed I suppose one can expect that.I am not a pet person and we didn't have anything saying that pets were there but if you and your pet can stand that great for you.
Continental breakfast was anything but, grab and go old muffin and some cereal.
As a last minute stay for the price it was summertime extortion anyway.

Room Tip: There wasn't anything I could see
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Now, don't get me wrong. My hubby and I stay at low budget hotels the majority of the time. This is the bottom of the barrel. One word: Disguisting!
I booked through another dot com site which must have a crap load of fake reviews because it is listed as 3 stars. No way this is 3 stars, no way!!! I went crazy when we got to our room, which was 119. The room above us had holey curtains, room next door had a broken screen and rotted wood frame. Then, the people on the other isde of us came out and it looked like they lived there. Scary! Inside our room the bedding (comforter & blanket) had stains. Both chairs were stained to high heaven, flithy!! The carpet was soooo gross, no way we would take off our shoes in there. The table had smeared stuff all over it. Hubby went to the bathroom and said "don't come in here!" He said he had to flush with his shoe because he didn't want to touch anything, I have never ran out of a motel fast enough!!! Gross, gross, gross!!
The front desk was nice about giving a refund but, the dot com company had to get some of my bad side before they gave in.
As, we drove away we saw day labors with chairs out side of their rooms. Again, as if they lived there. Oh,also the tiny closet that holds the breakfast items is gross, too. No seating, just breakfast cereal in there.

Room Tip: Do not be fooled by good reviews, there is no good room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed one night. The bed was hard so it was hard to sleep. Thin walls. Heard the people in the next rooms. It was reasonably priced and a coffee shop is conveniently located across the street. Best for those on a tight budget or heavy sleepers.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Dots32729
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed here thinking that we would get a good deal for $80.00. We arrived about 10pm, the wife of the team checked us in ~ no welcome, no we are happy to have you, just where is your credit card... only to be put in a room that was old and dingy, the window was broken and taped with masking tape, the carpets were stained, but even worse than that, some of the bathroom linens were stained (OMG!). We went to sleep, but woke up sore due to the very hard mattress. In the morning we found one clean towel, and my husband found out that the shower did not work. We tried to call the office to tell them, but the phone did not work. We called the office from our cell, told the man we wanted a different room, he said he'd check & put me on hold for 10 MINUTES, then showed up at the door and asked if we were going to stay. We went to see another room, their "show room" the one that has been "remodeled", new paint, bed linens etc., made sure everything worked and agreed to stay. We agreed to say for our next night since this room was better, but asked for some type of compensation for the horrible room and the fact that we were now very late for our appointment. He said he would check (apparently with his wife). When we returned late afternoon, I went to the office and the wife was very defensive and said "there was NOTHING wrong with the first room, the shower worked (basically calling my husband a liar or incompetent.....and believe me, we've turned on a number of showers) and the phone was JUST plugged in wrong and they would not do anything about it" (she had nothing to say about the dirty linens). I told her that we would never stay there again, that we would complete the Choice Hotel survey and that we would give a review on TripAdvisor to let everyone know of our bad experience and how rudely we were treated. Her condesending response was: "Fine.....won't be the first time!" So, in conclusion... stay ANYWHERE else!!! There are a number of other hotels, including other Choice Hotels, higher rates, but worth it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family