“How does this place stay open”
Review of Rice Bowl

Rice Bowl
Ranked #98 of 118 Restaurants in Lompoc
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 25 August 2012

this place has to be a front for something other than food. I had lunch there one time and during the whole hour i was there I was the only customer. The food was horrible. strange place, like the set of a Quentin Tarrantino movie.

1  Thank rb252

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Family style Chinese. Lot's of food. Reasonablly priced. Average taste. Wonderful facade and kitchy interior. Owner became suspicious when I tried to take a picture of the interior. Kinda freaked me out. Not up to stanadards to Chinese food found in Chinatown L.A., but edible. Good for large famlies.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We wanted to grab lunch in Lompoc and drove by the Rice Bowl. It had a great retro look to it and I figured it was the kind of chow mein house that I grew up with. Americanized Chinese food that was not authentic, but still full of flavor and has it's own unique menu items and good tastes.

It was retro and the inside could have been a movie set from 1960. It made me a little nervous to see how empty it was at noon on a Saturday. I noticed all the fish tanks had not been cleaned and they all had dirty, dirty water and full of green slime.

I ordered a sweet and sour pork. Seemed like a safe and easy bet. Both the pork and my eggs rolls had a bitter taste to them. I then recognized that they fried both items in old and dirty oil that left a filmy taste in your mouth.

I did not finish my meal as it tasted so oily and filmy. They still charged me and did not apologize or seem to care.

We left and stopped for fast food on the way out of town. I need something to get the horrible taste out of my mouth!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I first went to the Rice Bowl with my parents in 1960! My favorites are still egg foo young and sweat & sour pork!

Reviewed 14 August 2010

I dined alone for lunch during a week day visit to Lompoc. I got the Chicken Almond with fried brown rice and eggroll. I also ordered a pot of green tea. The meal was more than I could eat at one setting and was only ten dollars. I took the left overs with me and had them for supper (so it was almost like two meals for ten dollars). My dish was good. The eggroll was large so I just ate the contents as a way to reduce calories. This is an older famly establishemnt that has been in operation since 1949 (I enquired) . I went to the rest room prior to my order and the server went to check to make sure the bathroom light was on for me. I thought this was nice since I had never been to the establishemnt and at least he had some concern for my well being ( not to trip , etc..)
This restaurant is a step or two above Panda Express in the fiare that they serve. The decor is old but would now be considered Retro. I liked it. The food I had was good and the service was great. I do plan to eat there again during any future visits to Lompoc.

Been to Rice Bowl? Share your experiences!