“Nice local coffee shop”

Ranked #6 of 111 Restaurants in Lompoc
vandenberg village, ca
“Nice local coffee shop”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hard to find location but good food. Service is between average and good depending on how busy they are. Pretty normal breakfast menu with good size portions and reasonable prices. Everything was prepared as ordered and good.

• Visited January 2014

Lompoc, California
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I've been here quite a few times. I come every weekend with friends or family and am very rarely disappointed. The staff is friendly, they fix any problems quickly, and the food is amazing. As for being a picky eater, I absolutely love their chicken fried steak, their biscuits and gravy, their soups and the banana/caramel waffles are just great. And they get better every time it seems. I reccomend American Host to anyone wanting a great breakfast for reasonable prices!

• Visited November 2013
Santa Maria, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food Below Average Service”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The first visit was ok, nothing to rave about. The Waffles were good, just good. The coffee was tepid. The second visit was just awful. We must have been in stealth mode because we sat there for well over five minutes and NO SERVICE. One of the waitresses just gave surly stares over her glasses at us. We got up, went and told the hostess that we were leaving due to the fact that not one server bothered with us. She just said, " oh, I am sorry". Well that sealed the deal to never darken the door of that place again. Customer service is obviously not regarded too highly at this establishment.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank KDD2013
Santa Barbara, California
“Legend”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have always heard of the American Host and decided to go try it out..My family and I were welcomed as if we have been there a zillion times! It was great food! The wait was a little long but that is when you know it has to be GREAT! and I am glad we waitied....Perfect place and the owner Dennis was so nice to us! Thank you American Host!! WE WILL BE BACK FOR SURE!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Shelly M
Boston, Massachusetts
“Average at best”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

A real greasy spoon place. Friendly people but not the cleanest place in the world. However, if you are going for quantity rather than quality this is the place for you.

Visited November 2012