“good americanized mexican food”
Review of Don Pepe Mexican Food - CLOSED

Don Pepe Mexican Food
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 28 May 2013

pretty americanized place salsa is really mild and basic but the food is good, its that sorta cheesy white bread type of mexican food ya just gotta have sometimes, they have a 3 taco for like four bucks special that the kids really like, we go quite often price is about right

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Food not bad but not very good. Would never eat there again. The restaurant was empty except my husband and I and 2 young adults, the waitress put us right behind them and they were loud, laughing, and talking on cell phones the whole time, a bit annoying.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Efren Ramirez owned and operated the Don Pepe for over 25 years and during that time, I never had a bad meal. The prices were always good, the chips and salsa always free flowing and the staff friendly with Efren coming around checking on each of his customers. Sadly, efren and family retired out of the area a few years ago. I've there a few times since, but it always seems to be worse. Greasy chips, good salsa, rice and beans are awful and the selection of entrees is a bit strange. Trying to be everything to everyone...doesn't work. Can't imagine ever going back.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I should have trusted my gut when we pulled into the EMPTY parking lot at dinner time on a Saturday. There were 2 other parties in the entire restaurant, and when we left, there was no one. Chips were good. Hubby got a monster burrito which contained ground beef, lettuce, sour cream, and ??? and was covered in a soupy watery green sauce. The tortilla was a slimy mess by bite two. He said the meat was awful - akin to red, greasy "canned dog food". My carnitas was average, rice too salty, and beans were like clay and tasted kind of like cleaner. I told the man at the register that my hubby, who will eat virtually anything - did not like the meat. His answer was, " Get shredded beef next time." THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME. I am a Lompoc native and deeply miss the ORIGINAL Don Pepe food.

Reviewed 4 October 2010

The health department ought to close this place down. Location is great but they've let it run into the ground. Ugly building, sign falling down. What's up with this place?

1  Thank SchmoeJoe