“Homemade Italian in a family owned and operated restaurant ...it doesn't get any better than that!”

La Botte Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Lompoc
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

While visiting wineries in the central coast if California, we asked for a recommendation for lunch. It was suggested we visit La Botte in Lompoc.

Lompoc is not a large town and we found the restaurant easily. We were greeted by a very friendly Mama Caterina Agate. When asked if the recipes served in the restaurant are hers, she replied "Of course!"

Our server was daughter Francesca. She was friendly and personable and offered suggestions.

My husband and I shared the lasagna and a caprese salad over romaine lettuce. Our only criticism of the service was that the salad was brought when we were halfway through without lasagna. Our friends chose the Chicken Pesto sandwich and Spaghetti Bolognese.

Everyone enjoyed their food choices immensely!

We weren't drinking wine but the restaurant has a very nice and varied wine list.

The restaurant is spacious and clean. The decor is a bit dated but that is not a criticism. It just reminded me of traditional Italian restaurants, the ones I remember from my younger years. The food is the star and the very capable and gracious family members are wonderful hosts!

The restaurant has been visited by many celebrities which was evident from all of the photographs on display. Mama Caterina was gracious enough to pose withy husband, Greg Butler. I told her he was a minor celebrity in his own right...he has been called "dry cleaner to the stars" (tongue-in-cheek, of course by friends!) in our little corner of the world Columbus and Dublin, Ohio as the founder and owner of Dublin Cleaners!

At any rate of you find yourself in Lompoc, California please consider having a meal at La Botta! You'll be so glad you did! Delizioso!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Margaret B

Ventura, CA
“GREAT Food”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Absolutely wonderful food!
Mama was in the house; and, made us a bit uncomfortable. She was talking to customers about taking up to much booth space (a larger party may come in) and from where we were sitting, she left her office door open while she ate her dinner (looked like a chicken or pork satay, with rice and an undercooked roll from her own restaurant).
As I stated, bread rolls had an "undercooked" taste. Yeast predominated the flavor and the texture was very soft, under baked.
The food was EXCELLENT! The wine list minimal, the desert; was to die for!!!!!
When she told me that the Tiramisu was covered in chocolate sauce/frosting... I had my doubts. Not to worry... it was great!
Not many places serve Veal Parm.... this one does; and it was great. I was in Las Vegas last year and, ordered Veal Parm from the Palms (at Caesars) and it was 1000% better here.
Thank you for the great dinner.
Gail

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Desertrose56
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not appealing”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The idea of a fine Italian restaurant in this quaint little town is keen. But La Botte missed the mark in several areas. We waited about 20 minutes to be seated, The salads were horrible, drenched in dressing with about 9 croutons(to many) and a small carrott strip, no tomatoes, no olives and no flavor. The bread was excellent! The steak was a pan seared mess and tough to the cut. When I asked for some A1 sauce, our waitress/hostess gave me a 24 ounce bottle of A1(The same one I get from costco) The owner attempted to take my wifes salad before she was done. The owners walked(male) walked past our table at least 5 times and never a pleasant word. Hearing the owners daughter brag about living in Sandiego was a treat. Overall this place needs a lot of upgrading. You will never get a good crowd(younger set) to frequent this establishment, you get the feeling that you should be honored to dine at La Botte but never again. 57.00 for a substandard meal is no treat.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Myron H
Moreno Valley, California
“You'll have a barrel of good eating at La Botte”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Lompoc's best family-run, Continental-flavored restaurant welcomed us to enjoy the food and drink at La Botte, Italian for "the keg or barrel" and its tasty selection of namesake beer and wine. We were all very pleased with the large menu and the family-friendly service. Indeed, the owner came by to ask if we were enjoying our dinners. I complimented them on the availability of angel-hair spaghetti (less calories - and not always on Italian menus - are you listening Olive Garden?) and hailed the good house red wine too.

Good dining is not always easy to spot in Lompoc, especially with nearby Solvang offering its higher-tone "Danish" atmosphere. Visitors to Vandenberg and the La Purisima Mission can trust Lompoc's La Botte to offer the quality of food and good service that's expected. Bottom line: Dependable Italian food and good service for a reasonable price.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MonkeyOnTheWing
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food Big Bowls of Pasta”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Have a great bowl of minestrone, awesome bread and a great big bowl of spaghetti and meatballs.
They have limited hours but they are worth it.

• Visited June 2013