“Above average Travelodge”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
London , UK
“Above average Travelodge”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It's a Travelodge , not the Hilton and you get what you pay for. But this is definitely an above average Travelodge. The rooms are nice - they are very clean and the beds very comfortable.

There is a nice pool that catches the sun all afternoon. There's a good selection of fruit, cereals and pastries for breakfast - and a waffle iron of course. The coffee isn't bad , though it was shame that only stryrofoam cups were provided.

There's a handy 7-11 right next door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RockerLondon_UK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms were a surprise for the price. They are small, yes, but very aesthetically pleasing. It is a quiet area and the staff was very accommodating. Lolita, the front desk staff, was very friendly and helpful. The staff in the breakfast room made sure that there was enough of what we wanted. The breakfast is a general continental, so don't expect anything hot other than the waffles or toast. Since we're traveling with our kids, I was happy to see a second waffle maker that allows you to make four small waffles. Ah, the little things! :) Overall, a pretty good experience.

Stayed June 2014
California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to cancel Vegas, and go visit my family in Santa Barbara Memorial Day weekend. We were searching for a short road trip and decided to try Lompoc for their Wine Ghetto. On booking.com this hotel got a 7.6 review. The photos looked nice enough, so my friend booked the room for one night. $88 with taxes, etc. For the price and stars we chose this one. Next door was a convenient Circle K. We actually got to check in by 1p.m. The front desk clerk and a maid were checking the list of clean rooms when we arrived. The clerk was nice and apologized for the wait. We were given room 206. We decided to split the cost between us and each paid half on our debit cards. The room is an upgrade from Motel 6 furnishings. We had a minifridge, a microwave and coffee maker plus a nice flat screen TV and plenty of outlets. I sleep on a waterbed at home, so I can have problems sleeping on a regular bed. I must say these mattresses were comfortable. We asked for extra blankets and extra shampoo. We also had decent WIFI in the room. My tablet and cell would connect. We brought our bags and things to the room, then went out to the nearby Wine Ghetto. It is a short 5 minute walk from the hotel and is behind the hospital. We got back a few hours later and turned on our air conditioner as it was stuffy in our room. The problem was the air conditioner would shut off after less than 10 minutes and not come back on. We called the front desk about the problem. We went to the desk and were offered room 210. So we thought about it and said yes and moved our stuff around the corner to room 210. The desk clerk even helped us move. We then relaxed an hour or so with TV and found we could not connect to their free WIFI. One of the other employees who originally checked us in said they had trouble with WIFI in that particular room. We called the front desk and reported it. The clerk said she would re-set the WIFI. A few hours later and no connections to WIFI we went out for dinner at a local Italian restaurant. In the parking lot on our return we could get WIFI on our cell phones. However once in the room again it still did not connect. Another phone call to the front desk. We had also discovered that our coffeemaker in room 210 was broken and the door on the microwave was chipped. We went down to the office and were told we could have room 206 back. We were told they were full and had 10 more reservations coming in. We thought about it, and went back to room 206 as it had working air and working internet. By this time we did not need the air. However we had no toiletries in the original room now and no hairdryer. UGH. We had some small flies in our room from when we checked in. We were told that happened when housekeeping had the door open and was cleaning the room before we originally checked in. Then we were given a $30 refund ($15 each). The night clerk said she would contact her manager about a possible additional refund. Again she was so nice and apologetic We also had really crappy hot water in the shower and terrible water pressure. There was no switch for the fan in the bathroom.

The next morning my friend went for coffee and brought us some back to the room. I threw on my shoes and went down to the breakfast room. It was jam packed with other people from the hotel. I found there was no orange juice in the breakfast room. I barely got to have two mini muffins. The original desk clerk was there on her day off staffing the breakfast room and told me they had run out.

When we went to check out I walked in and I said "Do we get the award for having the most problems with our room?" The clerk took both our telephone numbers and my friend's email as we were leaving to go to Solvang and Santa Barbara on our way back to Riverside. She said she was on duty until 4p.m. We checked out and left. Neither of us got a phone call. The following day my friend had an email that said the manager would not authorize any additional discounts on the room.. I replied that that was too bad and that I would probably not recommend this particular hotel to any of my friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Looked around for a hotel in Lompoc; as this hotel was reported to be recently updated and the price was good it won out. When we arrived, we were pleased with the location. It is close enough to the freeway, to downtown, just 5 minutes away from the Wine Ghetto and next door to a Circle K.
The check in was very pleasant and the young lady at the desk split the amount on each credit card. We went up to room 206 and opened the door. While the size was not impressive it was clean and did not smell. Oh the beds were comfortable with nice pillowtop mattresses; we had internet and air conditioning which we gratefully turned on. We connected to the internet and were relaxing but the room started to get stuffy then we realized the air conditioning was off. As the rooms had recently been remodeled I figured it was just on a system that was being overloaded but oh, wait at the time we checked in there were 3 other cars. We decided to go to the Wine Ghetto which was only a 5 minute walk.
After an interesting (although lackluster) couple of hours wine tasting we returned to the room. The air was not working. That was it and we called down and changed to room 210. We moved to around the corner and walked in. The room was larger and the air conditioning worked. Of that we were very thankful. Then we decided to check out the local restaurants online but guess what-we could not connect. We hated to do it but called and asked if there was a problem and were told that that they would reset it-we waited but no go then decided to go out and eat. I was in the mood for a good steak but we ended up getting a rather blah pizza because places were closed and we could not check anything out with no internet.
We returned once again to brave the Travelodge room situation. The internet was still not working and I needed coffee but alas! The coffee maker did not work AGH--- so I said “I am going to spend the night at Starbucks.” We walked down to the office and on the way there saw the young lady who checked us in. We told her the internet was not working and she said that room 210 had internet issues. We went on down and majorly complained.
Once more we changed rooms and lo and behold we were switched to room 206! Well I needed a shower but there were problems. We had no shampoo or soap nor was there a hair dryer. Also, there were flies in the room (we were told this probably happened when they were cleaning)This was brought up. I was so tired decided to shower in the morning. Thank heavens Michelle made some coffee to which was added a generous amount of Amaretto-made for a good night’s sleep.
Ok, had a cup of stuff that was supposed to be coffee at the free Continental breakfast. Then I went up and showered. If I had taken the shower the night before I would have fallen asleep in the shower the water pressure was so poor but maybe that was due to the drought. Forgot to mention that I found out the new room keys did not work. Michelle finally woke up and went down for some orange juice but to no avail. They had run out of coffee and orange juice.
We again made a visit to the office and Michelle joked “do we win an award for the most problems in a room?” The hotel refunded the princely amount of $30.
I was waiting to review this hotel until I found out if there was an additional refund forthcoming and there was not.
Would I stay there again maybe

Room Tip: Stay away from 210 if you want internet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Manager20378, Manager at Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the beds. Our company has invested over $1 million on the recent remodel of the Travelodge Lompoc. The quality of our beds and duvet bedding bedding is second to none in the Lompoc area. I am also delighted to read that you found our hotel to be in a great location and clean.

Have a great day!
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We chose this spot based on the fact that the entire hotel was recently updated, plus the location was prime for La Purisima Golf Course down the road.

The room is on the smaller size with a queen bed. The bed was hard for me (I'm all about 3 inch foam topper) but for the hotel, it was suitable. The decor was very likable due to fresh paint, crown moldings, good laminate floors and updated bathroom. Having a really nice Samsung 32 inch flat screen was also great!

Room #217 sits above the breakfast room. We didn't have any issues with folks downstairs eating breakfast at 7:00am to 8:30am. This is also very good since there was a giant bus load of travelers staying at the hotel the evening before.

Only issue I really had was that the shower was "crowded" feeling. The circular shower curtain cuts off about 1 to 1 1/2 feet of the already small corner shower area. I felt that with a custom made corner shower curtain would've suffice better.

Again, good stop over to crash in a clean nice hotel.

Room Tip: They're right next to the Circle K which stays open 24 hours.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites
King Frederik Inn
King Frederik Inn
#6 of 10 in Solvang
Quality Inn Santa Ynez Valley

Been to Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!