“Exceeded my expectations - Great overall experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 November 2010

When I travel, it is important for me to stay in a place that is comfortable, quiet and clean. I've been pleasantly surprised with the consistent high quality of Embassy Suites. My wife and I slept really well in the comfortable bed and quiet room. The room (including the bathroom) were clean and well lit. The HDTV and free broadband connection were a nice touch. (Thanks for not nickel-and-diming me).
And lastly, the front desk staff made eye contact with us each time we entered the hotel, greeted us, remembered us and made us feel like they were actually appreciative of our business. I'm a big fan of that kind of thing.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tommcgee
ESLompoc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2011

Wow...it certainly appears that we exceeded all your expectations; you truly do get MORE of everything when you stay with Embassy Suites. Thank you for the feedback from your trip to the Embassy Suites Lompoc Central Coast, we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast

Reviewed 21 October 2010

Decent 3 star hotel offering large rooms & a bit rustic surroundings. Just don’t expect any ultra-model luxury. Review based on a one night stay in October’10 (background of spending 80+ nights per year in different hotels around the globe)

Location:
Hotel is easy to find, just follow Highway 1. There were multiple restaurants (Mexican, Chinese, burger, pizza etc) & shops (Wal-Mart, Walgreen, sporting goods, hardware store etc) in the walking distance. Didn’t notice much of nightlife though, multiple restaurants were closed already at nine o’clock. No major sights or anything that close by.

Room:
The whole hotel including the room is clearly somewhat old, so if you are looking for something modern then this might not be the ideal choice.

My room in the third floor was a big one, certainly more than enough room for me as a single traveler and I’m guessing a family of four would fit in quite comfortably. Bathroom was pretty small though with an interesting detail of sink being located in the bedroom. Furnishing was somewhat dated but didn’t notice any stains etc anywhere. Didn’t notice any musky odor, unlike some other reviewers here.

Two largish LCD TVs in the room, though on Sunday night it seemed the only channel that came through without disturbance was Military Channel…

Etc:
Manager’s Reception daily 17:30 – 19:30 offers free beer/wine & chips. Breakfast was fine in case you like omelets, otherwise it’s nothing really to tell grandchildren about but did the job of getting something to the system to get the day started.

Small outdoor pool area in the middle of the building, didn’t have time to test it unfortunately.

Hotel actually looks quite nice outside, especially during dark.

Would I return there?
Yeah why not if I’m ever passing through Lompoc again if the price is right since you do get quite a bang for buck here (big room, free breakfast and a happy hour)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dadsasdasd
ESLompoc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Thank you for your feedback. We are very delighted that you received great value for your money; I agree it is a "good bang for your buck" as you stated. There are many great local restaurants within walking distance; hopefully you’ll have an opportunity to experience the unique local flavors on your next visit. I have forwarded your comments regarding the television channels to our Chief Engineer to follow up on, thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Embassy Suites must have taken over this hotel from someone else as it is Spanish in style and not at all like other Embassy Suites where we've stayed. The rooms are decorated in a dark wallpaper, which looks fairly new and the furnishings were new and mostly comfortable. A couple of throw pillows on the sofa would have been a nice touch, and would add a splash of color. The hotel looks like it has been recently refurbished, though the layout is strange.

There is a lot of noise from rooms on each side; not much from the room above. Our bedroom did not have screens on the window or the french door which opened to a non-existent balcony - you could not use it - it was just for ventilation. Which is why screens would have been welcome. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel by the so-called atrium. It appeared to be quieter there.

The in room coffee was a cut above any other I've had, and the breakfast was adequate, though the area was strangely laid out and not very big. The Manager's Reception in the evening wasn't as nice as we've experienced elsewhere. There were loaves on bread just thrown on a counter and you could make your own sandwiches.

It was a fairly good value for the price and the two rooms are nice. We even had an extra sitting area in the bedroom - but no view of the TV from there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Discerningwon

Thank you for taking time to fill out a review, we appreciate the feedback. Thank you for noticing some of the recent enhancements we've made; flat screen TV's with high definition programming, new furnishings and state-of-the art exercise room. We are in the process of re-vamping our Manager's reception, a core amenity of the hotel. We hope on your return to the Central Coast that you will come back and see some positive changes.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

The rooms are very small, dated and noisy (if you are by the pool on a warm day). We needed to use the pull out couch as a bed and discovered that it wasn't "made up". They sent down blankets and pillows and it was basically - here, make your own bed.

The next day we left our room at 10:30 (and took down the "Do Not Disturb" sign. When we returned at 8:30 that night nothing had been cleaned. I went to the front desk and they said there list indicates the DND sign was on (which it definitely wasn't). They didn't offer to have the room cleaned but sent clean towels and said the manager would contact me in the morning. I never heard from anyone and went to the front desk.. The manager offered a 10% discount. I said I thought there was a 100% satisfaction guarantee and didn't think their offer was adequate. They made a call and said that was it. I then contacted Hilton Guest Services - they called the hotel and my room was 100% refunded for the second night. Once you make a customer fight with you, they are lost and I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel on our way from LA to San Francisco and loved the little town of Lompoc. We arrived at the hotel at night, were greeted by a very courteous frond desk staff member who later offered to bring in special tea from her home for us the next day as we love tea. The chef was very good, efficient and friendly as were his assistants. Beautiful pond, and the exterior of the hotel also looks lovely at night. We extended our stay by one more night as we wanted to experience this town more. I'm generally a clean freak, and didn't have any issues with the cleanliness. Nice heated pool too - which was great as the outside temperatures were cool during this time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ShanezW
Reviewed 31 March 2010

If you need lodging in Lompoc and you have kids...look no further. Our group consisted of 2 mom's and 2 nine year old girls. Our purpose for traveling to Lompoc was to visit the Purisima Concepcion Mission for our daughter's 4th grade project. Originally, we booked the Best Western O'Cairns Inn, based on it's #1 status on Tripadvisor for the Lompoc area. Unfortunately, we never looked past the #1 recommended hotel to see what else Lompoc offered since we were so blown away by the fantastic reviews. We were in for a major letdown upon arrival at the Best Western! I don't know how it receives the rave reviews it does, because we couldn't get out of there fast enough. At dinner, we asked the waitress if there were any good hotels in the area and she mentioned the Embassy Suites. We were shocked that we didn't even know one existed in town. Immediately after dinner, we went to the ES and asked for a room/property tour. I think the gal at the front desk was named, Mindy, she was wonderful. She allowed us to take a look around and even let us pick where we wanted to be in the complex. She also offered to allow us to check-in very early the next morning. On Saturday, we arrived at 9:30am and they had our room ready for us!!
Our girls had a fantastic time in the well heated pool/jacuzzi. My friend and I appreciated the nice spread at happy hour and the breakfast was incredibly outstanding for a hotel breakfast. The best part...the Embassy Suites was FAR cheaper than our original room at the Best Western. I highly recommend this hotel for the Lompoc area.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bahamamoma
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I've been coming to this hotel for almost 4 years for work travel - sometimes a week, sometimes 2 weeks at a time - it is average and works for business travel. These are the good points:
- central location
- full service breakfast
- full service happy hour
- they have great wait staff
- their gym is quite well equipped (free weights!)
- pillows are AWESOME
- internet is free and reliable
- good TV, cable, modern, etc
These are the bad points:
- SO EXTREMELY dated furnishings all around, dark rooms, slightly depressing interiors
- Once I had ants by my sink
- bed may need to be updated (I've found lumps where they may not be flipped or too worn)
Suffice it to say, the reason I stay here (even after going to Holiday Inn for shorter trips), is the gym and the warm breakfast... otherwise, if I was on vacation, and wanting better surroundings (and no gym.. heheh..) or wasn't pressed to have breakfast at my hotel and could venture to find other breakfast places, I might not stay here.. but it works for work.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank artique
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc
Hotel Corque
Hotel Corque
#1 of 11 in Solvang
Santa Ynez Valley Marriott

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast? Share your experiences!