“Dump!”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Mentone, California
“Dump!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Staff was very nice we even received an upgraded room because it was our anniversary! The room is like in some stage of repairs, we found a cracked light bulb with smoked drugs in our kleenex box!!! The dump used to be part of O'carins but it is far from decent! We couldn't leave fast enough!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Lompoc, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Please apologize us for the inconvenience during your stay at Red Roof Inn Lompoc. We are striving hard to improve the conditions of our entire property and even thought it will take a while for get up-to-date on all the hotel conditions, we would ask you for your patience so that maybe in a year or go you can come with your family and see the difference a year makes in the improvement of our Lompoc property. And thank you for the input you have provided us with, as this will help us in the improvement of our property.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Green Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I could see that many people are not very happy, from the passed reviews. Let me tell you about my experience. "You get what you pay for". For the price, we had clean room with two queen size beds, TV, fridge, clean towels, and WI FI. We stayed here two nights. First night, we had a noisy people in the next room. It did not bother me, but it did bother my partner. Next morning, we we complained about the noise, they immediately gave us another room with same size beds and clean room. Staff was very friendly.
Breakfast, you can totally ignore that and go to some place else to eat breakfast. Because of the price and the customer service, I would not mind staying there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the feedback you have provided us with. And please accept our apologies for the noisy neighbors you had during your first night at our Lompoc property. As you were able to experience during your two-night stay, we do offer free Wi-Fi service and complimentary breakfast. And our team members are always eager to assist you in whatever way possible. We hope that on your next trip to Lompoc, you will be able to come back and stay with us.

Arroyo Grande, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Bad cleaning.Housekeepers should be trained right. My 12 year old daughter can clean better than this sorry but true.My restroom stunk like pee.My pillow was stained.my blanket stunk like they never washed it. I wouldn't suggested this motel to anyone.Especially if they have babies that crawl you don't want u baby crawling on that dirty carpet.no joke.Front desk was great especially Amanda she was awesome!Housekeepers talking to guest like they where nothing being rude and angry looked like she was hungover or drugged from the night before seriously uncomfortable for anyone.An over wieght housekeeper talking to another person about drugs and what happend the other night in front of guest so not professional .NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR MOTEL WELL ITS ALREADY BAD ENOUGH.SORRY NEVER WILL I STAY THERE. Again AND PLZZZZ DONT EVER TAKE YOUR KIDS AROUND THOSE PEOPLE .I COULD SAY I WENT TO MOTEL 6 AND IS WAY BETTER THATS MY WORD!!!

1 Thank MrsSANDRA19
Thank you for the comment you have on our property. We have taken the necessary precautions with all our current team members so things like the ones you saw during your stay will not ever happen again. Our team members will be trained again in the proper way to clean a room, as well as we will inform they to keep to themselves and be more professional when it comes to dealing with guest. Your feedback will guide us in the correct direction on how to improve the condition of our property and for that we thank you.

california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have been staying here for work because it is cheap. We got a king room which is nice, it has a big desk and the bathroom is nicely tiled. I like the movie channels. My only complaints is that there really isn't a breakfast. Our phone doesn't work if we want to receive calls in our room but we can make calls out. There isn't much in the area. I will probably stay here again because it is cheap.

Room Tip: The king rooms are bigger and nicer.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sunnyskys123
Thank you for deciding to stay at Red Roof Inn Lompoc during your visits to the area for work purposes. Our room are kept clean by our housekeeping team members. We will look into fixing the small issues you encountered on your most recent visit to our property. We hope to see you again on your next work trip to Lompoc California.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Not an Inn!!!
First night we stayed in a small room where the air conditioning did not work. Staff and manager could care less!!!  An employee, Alexi, is rude and unprofessional.
Chealse was a very nice employee who helped us change rooms where we could have working AC & a flat screen TV. The bathtubs do need to be replaced. They are very gross.
The entire experience was horrible!  We booked a week stay yet the staff continued to check us out every morning including Alexi opening our door and telling me to get out!!!!
The manager Kim has no clue about customer satisfaction.  Even though I was a good customer, willing to extend my stay, she wanted to continue checking me out and increasing my rate. She needs to learn that a happy customer is a repeat customer!  Something the staff (except for Chelsea)know nothing about. I would not recommend the Red Roof Inn. It's not a pleasant stay

1 Thank Vacation330
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice now and I was willing to overlook the first stay. When I got to my room the first time, the bathroom smelled like the sewer backed up and there was mold all over the shower and I was able to to change rooms only to have someone knock on my door and try to get in I called the front desk but no answer ..wow. The second time the shower curtain wouldn't stay shut as a result of the shower rod missing screws and as a result water got all over the floor and as for the continental breakfast well that's something left to be desired. All in all would I stay here again? Never again.

2 Thank Pdolohery
Kim R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lompoc, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
I'd first like to thank you for staying with us, I'd like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I'd like to thank you for letting us know about the problems you had, and now that we are aware of these problems we will be able to work on fixing them.
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

For being a newly remodeled "Inn" it was not a nice stay. The room was very dirty. The carpets were stained, the tub was rusty and unkept, and to top it off there were fleas eating us alive and we were also itching. The fridge was dirty, the microwave was not clean, there was a smell, and to top it off the AC didn't work! I have never stayed at place such as this b4. My family and I were so uncomfortable that we checked out early, meaning we didn't even stay the whole night, we checked in at 5pm and checked out close to midnight to just sleep in our van. And to top it off when we checked out all we were told, by what seemed like the manager, was there was a DOG show the previous weekend and that, that was the 3rd room that complained about itching and fleas. COME ON!!! If it's the 3rd room DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! I am so sad to say that I will never stay at a RED ROOF INN again due to the fact that this one was our first and worst.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shelly M
I'd like to thank you for staying with us, I am sorry that you had so many problems during your stay. Thank you for leaving a review and for letting us know, we appreciate it and we will work on fixing these problems.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn
Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc
Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
Pea Soup Andersen's Inn
Pea Soup Andersen's Inn
#2 of 8 in Buellton
Quality Inn Santa Ynez Valley

Been to Red Roof Inn Lompoc? Share your experiences!