“Dirty, Old and incompetent staff!”

Red Roof Inn Lompoc
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The only payoff of this Inn is the price. You can stay here for less than 50$ a night. So far with the positive side. On the negative side you have: dirty linen, dirty floor, dirty shower... I am not talking about "a little bit worn down", I´m talking close it, for renovation!
As if that isn´t enough, the staff was really incompetent! Nobody felt responsible for anything since apparently no manager is available at this point. This shouldn´t be a reason for them to act lice nobody is in charge.

Room Tip: No room at all at this Inn is probably the best idea
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Lompoc, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Please accept our most sincere apologies during your recent stay at Red Roof Inn Lompoc. Thanks to your feedback, we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure that future guest will not go through the same frustration you went through. Regarding the "no manager" onsite issue you encountered, you are right when you say that there should be no excuse for the type of service you received due to the fact their was not manager present. Again, thank you for your feedback and we will look into fixing the issues you mentioned in a prompt and courteous way.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I needed a room on ground floor due to disability. I got the last one available. Hence, i didnt complain until check out, and the girl at the desk (Angel) agreed the room should never have been sold and another room blocked for me. I have been in the hotel industry for many years in New Orleans, Orlando, and Miami. I would never have a room on the ready and clean list that had the mold issues, bathroom light fixture falling down, bathtub peeling, carpet completely stained, no microwave as stated as amenity, no dvd player as stated, the fridge is on an unsupported shelf that is about to fall with the slightest yank by a toddler (death waiting to happen) and the ac didnt work and filter covered in dirt. I took pics of this and upon check out, showed to the front desk and explained since my late arrival got the last ground floor, complaining in the middle of the night the point would be moot. i was told the area director would be contacting me later that day. This never happened. 2 days later I stayed at another Red Roof Inn, located in Arcata, Ca. and got the level of service and sanitary room that i expected staying at a branded hotel. I would love someone to contact me regaurding my stay at Lompoc Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: if going to the solvang area, stay away from this place.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Please accept our apologies on your stay at our Lompoc property. We will work hard on improving the condition of our rooms and we will look into speaking with the people that gave you the room in such condition you mentioned. We will try to retrain all team members so things like this do not happen to any guest again. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Terrible room, toilet didn't flush properly, large globs of paint on floor, TV sucked, WiFi didn't work, beds were ancient, room smelled bad, noisy,no parking next to half the rooms,no place close to eat, night staff ok,day staff not so ok. I'll never stay at a Red Roof again...anywhere!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your stay at Red Roof Inn Lompoc. A few of the issues you found in the rooms could have been quickly fixed if you had called the front desk and they would have gladly helped you with the toilet, paint and t.v issue. If they could have not helped you, then they would have gladly moved you to another room. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Most importantly, no one cared. There was no advertised free breakfast and when asked was told, "Oh no, he stopped that." No business center as advertised. No fitness center as advertised, No on-site shopping as advertised. No working a/c in the room and when asked was told, "if it gets too bad, I can find you a fan"! No plugs in either the bath or basin. Wrong replacement turntable put on the microwave so the turning "ring" operated but the turntable did not. The whole back of the iron was missing exposing all of the wiring and elements within. Both the basin and the tub filled up with un-drained water do to some blockage--mighty unpleasant when taking a shower and standing in your own dirty water. It was VERY cheap and showed, but for me, unless changes are made (and I don't really know how I will find out if they are), I won't be there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Lompoc, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking a minute out of your busy schedule to provide us and future guests with your experience at Red Roof Inn Lompoc. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We are working hard on fixing all these issues you have described and we just ask you for patience and time to be able to fix those issues. Once those issues are fixed you will love the changes and the customer service will also improve. We hope that you will be able to stay with us on your next trip to the Lompoc area so can see all the improvement we have made to our property.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Staff was very nice we even received an upgraded room because it was our anniversary! The room is like in some stage of repairs, we found a cracked light bulb with smoked drugs in our kleenex box!!! The dump used to be part of O'carins but it is far from decent! We couldn't leave fast enough!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Please apologize us for the inconvenience during your stay at Red Roof Inn Lompoc. We are striving hard to improve the conditions of our entire property and even thought it will take a while for get up-to-date on all the hotel conditions, we would ask you for your patience so that maybe in a year or go you can come with your family and see the difference a year makes in the improvement of our Lompoc property. And thank you for the input you have provided us with, as this will help us in the improvement of our property.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I could see that many people are not very happy, from the passed reviews. Let me tell you about my experience. "You get what you pay for". For the price, we had clean room with two queen size beds, TV, fridge, clean towels, and WI FI. We stayed here two nights. First night, we had a noisy people in the next room. It did not bother me, but it did bother my partner. Next morning, we we complained about the noise, they immediately gave us another room with same size beds and clean room. Staff was very friendly.
Breakfast, you can totally ignore that and go to some place else to eat breakfast. Because of the price and the customer service, I would not mind staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the feedback you have provided us with. And please accept our apologies for the noisy neighbors you had during your first night at our Lompoc property. As you were able to experience during your two-night stay, we do offer free Wi-Fi service and complimentary breakfast. And our team members are always eager to assist you in whatever way possible. We hope that on your next trip to Lompoc, you will be able to come back and stay with us.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Bad cleaning.Housekeepers should be trained right. My 12 year old daughter can clean better than this sorry but true.My restroom stunk like pee.My pillow was stained.my blanket stunk like they never washed it. I wouldn't suggested this motel to anyone.Especially if they have babies that crawl you don't want u baby crawling on that dirty carpet.no joke.Front desk was great especially Amanda she was awesome!Housekeepers talking to guest like they where nothing being rude and angry looked like she was hungover or drugged from the night before seriously uncomfortable for anyone.An over wieght housekeeper talking to another person about drugs and what happend the other night in front of guest so not professional .NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR MOTEL WELL ITS ALREADY BAD ENOUGH.SORRY NEVER WILL I STAY THERE. Again AND PLZZZZ DONT EVER TAKE YOUR KIDS AROUND THOSE PEOPLE .I COULD SAY I WENT TO MOTEL 6 AND IS WAY BETTER THATS MY WORD!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MrsSANDRA19

Thank you for the comment you have on our property. We have taken the necessary precautions with all our current team members so things like the ones you saw during your stay will not ever happen again. Our team members will be trained again in the proper way to clean a room, as well as we will inform they to keep to themselves and be more professional when it comes to dealing with guest. Your feedback will guide us in the correct direction on how to improve the condition of our property and for that we thank you.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn
Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc
Hampton Inn & Suites Buellton/Santa Ynez Valley
Quality Inn Santa Ynez Valley

Been to Red Roof Inn Lompoc? Share your experiences!