“A nice stopover spot”

and 1 more site!
Mt. Whitney Motel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lone Pine
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here recently for one night as we were passing through on the 395. Hotel is fine and our room was basic and clean. Exactly what we expected for a small, older motel. Pool is small but pool area was clean and looked inviting. The motel is on the north end of town but still close enough to walk to restaurants, park, stores, etc. The price is a bit high for what you get but that is to be expected for the area during the high season of summer. All in all we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jvz13
There are newer reviews for Mt. Whitney Motel

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed there this past weekend 7/4/14, we were there to enjoy the Whitney trails. There was mold on the shower curtain, the vent in the bathroom did not have a cover, there was not a drain/strainer in the bathroom sink and you could see the debris/residue/waste and gunk and it would come out into the sink while the water was running. There was trash just outside the room by the door and under the window, that had clearly been there for weeks and the trash can had not been emptied so it was overflowing. The bed was old and uncomfortable and the pillows thin and not supportive. I had trouble sleeping throughout the night and my allergies started to bother me in the night, probably due to dust in the room. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank katpebs
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stopped here on our way home from Yosemite, and it was the first motel in a series along the strip. For $88 we got a $45 room at best. The room was dirty: tub surround had mold growing on the grout. There were only 5 tissues in the tissue box with no spares, no ice machine on the property, the bed was hard as were the pillows. The upholstery on the chair had fresh stains. The woman at the front desk was rude. I wish we would've shopped down the street - there is plenty of competition in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

As a woman traveling solo after leaving Reno I decided to spend the night in Lone Pine. As I had never been there & very tired I stopped at Mt. Whitney Hotel as the sign caught my attention. A lady came out from the back room. I inquired about a single smoking room. She said she had one for $78. I thought that was a good deal. As I went to my room I passed a small empty swimming pool filled with trash. My key wouldn't unlock the door. I went back to the desk & the woman seemed very put out as she went back with me & sort of wiggled the key until the door opened. I wasn't quite comfortable with this as I was traveling alone & not familliar with the area. Upon entering the main light didn't work. The smoke alarm was gone & wires dangled from the ceiling. The room seemed very dark & dirty. I went to the door to leave & the dead bolt was hanging by a thread. I informed the owner that this just wasn't going to work for me. She looked at me like I was crazy & reluctantly back charged my credit card. I drove to the Portal Hotel down the street. It was less expensive; clean and the owners were very helpful. If any hotel needs to call Travel Channels "Hotel Impossible" it should be the Mt. Whitney!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Robyn M
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent location, rooms adequate and clean, nice shower and drink facilities just about what you would expect for $50 , guy in charge pleasant enough as was his wife. This is a budget motel that offers competitive rates you will not get 5 star facilities but could you really expect more for your well earned cash. I would recommend.

Room Tip: A/ c. a bit noisy in 16 otherwise totally adequate without being outstanding
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank thfccoys
Reviewed 4 January 2014

"Welcomed" by a rather unfriendly motel owner who kept looking out the window at my car to see my partner Craig in the drivers seat. It was kind of obvious she disapproved. Regardless, we booked a king size bed and were given a room off the side. The room was large, but not in good shape. Carpets appeared dirty, half of the curtains were pulled and hanging from the track. The shelf in the open closet was collapsing down onto the clothes rod. Additionally, while I'm kind of partial to a firm bed, this one was like sleeping on a rock. I lifted the bottom sheet to make sure they hadn't turned a one sided mattress upside down, which the had not. Whatever, won't stay here again but it was pretty cheap. Though depending on time of year one might want to check around for other options that cost perhaps within 15-20 dollars more for immensely better quality.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Geoff G
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed just one night and had no complaints about anything. We had a room in the rear annex; it was large, with a large flat screen TV that was hung on the wall (Which I like), and well-placed relative to the bed. There was also in room coffee and an icy cold refrigerator, as well as a small microwave, good for reheating leftover pizza. The bed was comfortable and I didn't have to ask for extra pillows-there were four on the bed already. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rear annex is newer I think and further from the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Lone Pine Budget Inn & Motel
National 9 Trails Motel
National 9 Trails Motel
#7 of 8 in Lone Pine

Been to Mt. Whitney Motel? Share your experiences!