“Good Hotel w/ Limited Options in the Area”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lone Pine
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Recently stayed here 2 nights on a trip to Mt. Whitney. 4 people stayed comfortably in a 2 queen bedroom. We were on the 2nd floor, but did not notice any elevators. We had lots of stuff so that would have helped. Beds were extremely comfortable and we all had a great night's sleep. Bathroom was good with solid water pressure although the sink did have some trouble training. It looks like they were doing some construction on the property, but noise was not an issue. Breakfast is what you would expect with coffee/juice, pastries, oatmeal, eggs, and waffles. Not amazing, but solid for being complimentary. Lots of TV channels. Pool available as well. We personally did not go in, but did see people enjoy it. Good location to Mt. Whitney - approximately 15 minutes drive. Overall a good experience; would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 May 2014

While on a road trip we stopped in Lone Pine and picked the Comfort Inn. It's not a bad choice for just one night, but the quality is too low for the pricing. However, if this is your only option it's not a real problem. Breakfast was too simple, the breakfast room way to small. But the view from the rooms facing the highway are amazing. Noise of the highway is not a problem during the nightly hours.

Might stay here again, but the (seemingly newly added) balcony (doors) in the top floor rooms need serious better finishing. Now it looks like someone put a chainsaw in the walls while cutting out the doors.

No lift available, this might be a problem with heavy luggage or when you're disabled. Make sure you then ask for a first floor room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
cianni m, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stay! I am sorry that our property did not meet your expectations!

Our Breakfast Room choices are usually something that guests find to be extremely varied from our Waffles to Scrambled Eggs, Fresh Pastries and Fruit, etc. Our Breakfast Room can definitely be a bit cramped on our full days, but that is largely helped by our beautiful deck facing Mt. Whitney where you can enjoy the view and your breakfast! I would definitely love for you to stay again as construction will soon be coming to a close and find the framing in the rooms to be finished and our 'facelift' to be completed!

Please visit us again as we complete this exciting time! Thanks again!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were making our way to Death Valley and stayed here because of the reviews on TA and had reserved the room about 3 weeks ahead of time. Well, when I checked in I was told, "just so you know, they will be tearing down the wall in your room tomorrow morning at 9:30am"......me, silent...."there are no other rooms and you will be charged if you cancel now" ..... me, silent......"okay?" REALLY? I asked if I would at least get a discount on the room..........."well, the manager is out of town, so............." me, silent.
HEY, I rented that room until 11am the next day, if I rented a car, would they say, you have to bring it back by 9:30 to get the brakes worked on............and offer no discount?
I would not stay here again. Needless to say, no discount. When I asked in the morning about it..........silent.
I find that type of management insulting. Why didn't they email me the week/day before to tell me about the problem and then I could have made the choice whether I wanted to stay there or not? They didn't because they know 90% of people would cancel. It is over priced and not worth it. Stay in town and help the local owners. Comfort inn should be ashamed of themselves for that type of management.
Either way it is a run down hotel, outside of town and not near anything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
cianni m, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello there. My name is Kalpesh Bhakta and I am the Owner of the Comfort Inn in Lone Pine, CA. First and foremeost, we appreciate your recent stay with us and thank you for your review. You brought out some factors in your review however that I would like to address.

Our Front Desk Protocol throughout the Construction Process has been to not only verbally inform the guest at Check In of any construction taking place during their stay, but there is also a printed declaration at the Front Desk itself. Our construction times are 11am-after checkout- and is usually completed no later than 5pm. The 'noisy' work stops by 3 however so as not to disturb guests checking in. We have had immense success with our guests being apprised of this, and choosing to stay with no issues. This process was chosen because we have strong belief in the fact that we will take care of any guests that have any inconviences throughout this exciting time at our hotel!

My Assistant Manager was indeed out of town during the timeframe you stayed at our property. However she or myself were available at all times to take any calls as we always are! When we both did research with our Guest Service Agents on at the times of your stay, there were no complaints found that fit the magnitude of your review. We are a property that looks to be available to our guests at all times! Therefore, I invite you to contact the hotel at 760-876-8700 to further discuss this matter! Cianni Martinez-the Assistant Manager- is on staff 6 days a week, and On Call 24 hours a day. My Management as well as my team consists of individuals that are committed to taking care of guests and making sure that their needs are met and they are satisfied! That is something that Past-Present-and Future guests can completely rely on!

Thank you for your time!

Best Regards,
Kalpesh Bhakta
Owner/General Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Let's face it, if you go to Lone Pine, you aren't looking for a five star hotel with five star accommodations. You are looking for value, you are looking for comfort, and you are looking for a decent play to lay your head and keep your stuff while you are exploring everything that the Eastern Sierra's, Mount Whitney, and Death Valley have to offer. Comfort Suites is located about 1 mile south of Lone Pine proper, right next to the Inyo, Death Valley Visitor's Center. Comfort Inn has nice facilities, they just replaced the windows and their rooms are clean and spacious. Have breakfast on the patio and enjoy the view of the spectacular Eastern Sierra Nevada.

Room Tip: Have breakfast on the patio and enjoy the view of the fabulous Eastern Sierra Nevada.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
cianni m, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you so much for your stay with us! All the things you brought out in your review is exactly the kind we strive for-Cleanliness and Comfort. It is our team's pleasure to have had you stay with us, and hope you will do so in the future!

Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

A clean, comfortable room and motel close to western entrance to Death Valley National Park. After a long drive from Lake Tahoe, we we pleased we had made a reservation on line previously, as the last vacant room was rented out by the persons in line before me! The online reservation also secured the room rate, which prevented us from needing to upgrade to a higher price place in town. The desk clerk was polite and pleasant, even though he had worked 12 hour shift. The internet didn't work even with the pass code until the desk clerk fixed the problem.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
cianni m, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I notice you said you were having issues with getting the internet going. As a staff, we are committed to trying everything to get it right for our guests!

Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hotel was clean, bedding and towels new. Breakfast was more than adequate.
It was on the outskirts of town but if you didn't mind the walk it would take approximately 30 minutes reach one or two restaurants in this quaint town.
Only disappointment was that the pool was closed due renovation and after a long drive it was just what we were looking forward to.

Room Tip: Ask for rear room as it is on a main road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed there the night of june 9th 2013 we hiked Mt. Whitney and got there art at about 6:00 p.m, we showered and ordered pizza in. The room was clean, the breakfast was great, fresh fruit, bagels,pancakes,scrambled eggs,yogurt, etc, they didn't run out of food like a few places we have stayed, and to me that's a plus. I never got to try the pool to many youngsters at that time but it looked well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
cianni m, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review of your stay last summer! It is very appreciated and we are very glad to hear that you had a great stay with us! If your travels bring you to LP this summer, we hope to welcome you back!

Have a great day!

Rustic Oasis Motel
Rustic Oasis Motel
#2 of 3 in Olancha
Lone Pine Budget Inn & Motel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!