“Too Bad the Course Isn't Better Maintained”

Mt. Whitney Golf Club
Ranked #7 of 14 things to do in Lone Pine
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Probably two and a half stars would be a more accurate rating. This 9-hole course has an interesting and challenging layout; unfortunately, it's just not well maintained. The greens are in pretty good shape, but the tee boxes, fairways and areas around the greens range from O.K. to "pasture-like." I'm guessing that funding is an issue. Too bad, because the setting is spectacular and the course has a lot of mature trees on it.

Still, I was able to play as many holes as I wanted to for $25 and rarely had to wait between shots. So, the great price and beautiful setting balanced out the sometimes uneven course conditions. That works in my book.

1  Thank GoldenBear72
There are newer reviews for Mt. Whitney Golf Club

Reviewed 9 November 2012

This is a 9-hole course on the south edge of Lone Pine. I played there twice and both times I was one of the only people on the course. The fairways are in rough shape and the greens are only a little better, but that's typical of a lot of public courses in California right now because of the drought and budget cuts.

All-inall, not a bad place to play. I especially loved not having to wait on every hole for a group in front of me to finsih the hole. I would definitely play there again.

2  Thank rogerthat8
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This golf course is fabulous. No crowds, a view of the highest peak in the continental US: Mt. Whitney, low green fees, and a challenging 9 hole course.

2  Thank NoTether