We planned a 3-day snow trip and stayed in a studio cabin with full kitchen. I had called ahead and asked several specific questions about the cabin only to arrive and find that there was no table and chairs for eating. We were offered a plastic folding table from the office, after the manager rather rudely told me that she had given me this info over the phone (which she hadn't) and nearly implied that we had somehow broken the tiny TV tray in our cabin (within 5 minutes of arriving?). We made do with the borrowed table pushed up next to the daybed, and two plastic chairs we pulled in from the front porch. The bathroom was clean (although the towels were old and scratchy) and the heater efficient; however, the bed was horrible-old worn, sagging mattress with stained sheets and bedding. There was crud caked between the mattress and bed frame. The carpet was filthy and worn. The kitchen appeared to be equipped with garage sale finds-mismatched silverware; chipped cups; plastic bowls, and badly scratched teflon cookware. There were signs informing of a $25 fee for not washing your dishes; however, we had to wash nearly everything before it was usable. There was dish soap, but I was glad I brought my own sponge as the one on the sink looked disgusting, The gas stove smelled strongly of gas. The TV reception was bad and the TV was an ancient, tiny thing. We had to leave the 2nd day because we came down with a stomach virus. Despite the fact that there were several empty cabins, we were told "we have a lot of rules" and were not offered any compensation for the 3rd night fee. I would understand this policy if the cabins were all booked, and I wasn't really expecting a full refund. I guess I was hoping for a partial refund, or an offer of a discount the next visit-some little gesture. We plan to return to this area for another snow trip; however, we will find another place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long Barn Lodge Ice Skating Arena & Event Center is conveniently located off of Highway 108, Sonora Pass Highway in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Our unique resort provides a wonderful family atmosphere for your family vacation, special occasion, group celebration or romantic getaway. Onsite, our boutique Ice Skating Arena is open to the public mid November until April, and also offers school skate field trips, fun fundraisers, birthday parties and private ice skating parties. Our one-of-a-kind facility includes 20 spacious motel rooms, 8 cozy cabins with kitchens, volleyball, horseshoes and a patio (with grill) overlooking the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Agoda, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Long Barn Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Barn Hotel Long Barn
- Long Barn Lodge California