“Wouldn't stay again”

Long Barn Lodge
Napa, California
“Wouldn't stay again”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We planned a 3-day snow trip and stayed in a studio cabin with full kitchen. I had called ahead and asked several specific questions about the cabin only to arrive and find that there was no table and chairs for eating. We were offered a plastic folding table from the office, after the manager rather rudely told me that she had given me this info over the phone (which she hadn't) and nearly implied that we had somehow broken the tiny TV tray in our cabin (within 5 minutes of arriving?). We made do with the borrowed table pushed up next to the daybed, and two plastic chairs we pulled in from the front porch. The bathroom was clean (although the towels were old and scratchy) and the heater efficient; however, the bed was horrible-old worn, sagging mattress with stained sheets and bedding. There was crud caked between the mattress and bed frame. The carpet was filthy and worn. The kitchen appeared to be equipped with garage sale finds-mismatched silverware; chipped cups; plastic bowls, and badly scratched teflon cookware. There were signs informing of a $25 fee for not washing your dishes; however, we had to wash nearly everything before it was usable. There was dish soap, but I was glad I brought my own sponge as the one on the sink looked disgusting, The gas stove smelled strongly of gas. The TV reception was bad and the TV was an ancient, tiny thing. We had to leave the 2nd day because we came down with a stomach virus. Despite the fact that there were several empty cabins, we were told "we have a lot of rules" and were not offered any compensation for the 3rd night fee. I would understand this policy if the cabins were all booked, and I wasn't really expecting a full refund. I guess I was hoping for a partial refund, or an offer of a discount the next visit-some little gesture. We plan to return to this area for another snow trip; however, we will find another place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Lauren H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 30 December 2012

My family and I stayed at the Long Barn Lodge recently and it was pretty gross overall! The bathroom was horrendous and that's putting it nicely. Windows and mirrors filthy too. The sheets on the bed weren't changed either. There was also a rotten, old smell throughout the room so I had to spray perfume every hour to make it livable. The mattresses on the beds were also very old and thin. The staff were friendly but that place needs a deep cleaning ASAP! Definitely not worth $129 for a studio cabin.

• Stayed December 2012
6 Thank BritSeamen
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The main rooms are so dated. Took over an hour to get room heated up. WORST part however was Every sheet, blanket and comforter was loaded with many different color and kinds of body hair. First night i picked over 70 hairs off what I was trying to slerp on until i could get new linens the next morning. Needless to say I made my kids sleep in their clothes.

I had new sheets and blankets sent up and they too had tons of hair every where. It was disgusting! Never putting my family thru that again.

• Stayed September 2011
8 Thank Horsegirly
Jennifer R, Front Office Manager at Long Barn Lodge, responded to this review, 15 October 2015
Hello, We are new owners and managers of Long Barn Lodge and we have upgraded our bedding and cleaning staff. Please consider visiting us again and updating your review.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We have looked for a place to stay on our way down to Yosemite Park. We stayed at the Long Barn Lodge for 2 nights in Cabin K. It is a wonderful house with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one with washing machine and dryer), a living room and a big kitchen. Next to us there are Motel Rooms heading to a wonderful garden and a big swimming Pool. (really big!)
The kids enjoyed the pool and also the big pine trees around the house. Everything was very clean and with great equipment in the kitchen. Breakfast on the patio was great, also a glass of wine on the 1st floors terrace. We love that place!

Room Tip: Cabin K is the biggest one, but absolutely worth it! As we heard, also the motel rooms are very nice...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Just returned from another group weekend at Long barn Lodge. Our group continues to discover the sights and activities in the surrounding area. Always clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced, Long Barn Lodge is an ideal destination for a group.

Room Tip: There are a couple of rooms with kitchenettes and the cottages have kitchens.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We have been coming to Long Barn for several years with a large group of friends. The hosts couldn't be more accommodating. The cabins and rooms are comfortable and homey. The pool and grounds are relaxing and beautiful. AND the surrounding forest gorgeous. We are headed back in July for another long weekend, expecting a fabulous time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Sonora, California, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I chose the Long Barn Lodge to have my wedding and it was the perfect choice. The staff their is so welcoming, nice and kind. Staff helped us set up and throughout our stay asking us if we needed anything. The grounds were absolutely amazing. The pool was enjoyed by many. My children were never once an issue to staff. Our cabin was amazing. It is very peaceful and serene. My husband and I are planning a 5 day stay next summer.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
McCaffrey House Bed and Breakfast Inn
Christmas Tree Inn
Christmas Tree Inn
#1 of 1 in Mi Wuk Village

Been to Long Barn Lodge? Share your experiences!