“Great service and very hospitable”
Review of The Varden Hotel

The Varden Hotel
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I was a bit skeptical of the establishment from reading some of the reviews off of Yelp, but my anxieties soon diminished. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room is small but comfortable. The location is great as nearby is Restaurant Row where there are many great eateries. The only thing was the sink. It's small and difficult to shave, brush your teeth, and/or shave. The shelf prevents much of this from happening. Overall, a great stay and a great recommendation for anyone to book their next stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick G
There are newer reviews for The Varden Hotel

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Good little hotel close to the convention center and dining areas. We felt safe walking home late at night and if you take advantage of the free shuttles on Pine Ave you can get to the aquarium and waterfront quickly.

The rooms are small, simple and clean. A very "European" feel but felt like sleeping in an Ikea display. Quiet and secure but not much room if you want to hang out.

The staff was awesome and over accomodating. If you need a bed to sleep in while you enjoy Downtown Long Beach, this is a great value and location!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachfeetSoCal
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The Varden Staff were simple the best I've ever encountered. All employees went out of their way to ensure my stay was comfortable and stress free. Although the rooms are very small (and I mean small) they are clean and equipped with the basic amenities for a relaxing stay.

The staff is knowledgably about the area, the best restaurants/shopping and they go above and beyond in taking care of their guests.

Special thanks to Mr. Rivas – this Top Notch associate truly made my day with answering multiple tourist questions, and directing me to all the local sites I was interested in visiting. Thank you Varden and Mr. Rivas, I enjoyed my visit to Long Beach.

N. Richardson

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We were in town for the Ink n Iron festival. We lucked into the Varden. It was very close to the festival. The staff was very nice upon check-in. Apparently everything was recently renovated. The rooms are small but have everything you need. It is in walking distance of a nice area as well and about 3 minutes walk to the Passport bus which will take you to several areas in the city for free. This was a huge help to us. Upon checkout we chatted with the owner. He was a genuinely nice guy and we hope to stay at the Varden again soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 11 June 2013

4th stay at The Varden and it just continues to excel and exceed expectations. The staff and owners are so friendly and accommodating. LOVE the nightly wine tasting.The breakfast is great, convenient and tasty. Love the Mexican Restaurant next door and the convenience of the location...only minutes from the Convention Centre. The rooms are spotlessly clean, modern, extremely well maintained and have everything you need - internet, TV, I-pod docking station. I will be staying again next year..and the next... Thanks again to the friendly Varden Team .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank paradisetaveuni
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I read the rooms where small but they were smaller than i expected, but for an over night/short stay they are great...no fridge but not a huge space for then...we requested an early check in which was no huge issue, helpful staff when asked about public transport + they showed us the room + explained a few things to us....free wifi...highly recommended + would stay at again

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mzjack50n
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I was in Long Beach for only one night. Did some research and found this hotel. It is amazing!!! Staff is very friendly. Rooms aren't big, but very modern, cozy and quiet. When I saw the room, I realized that it is exactly how I'd like my bedroom to look (I'm in a process of renovating mine :)
Free wine tasting and complimentary breakfast are nice perks. When I'm in Long Beach again, I definitely know where I'm staying!!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business