All reviews rooms are small boutique hotel highly recommend the varden continental breakfast complimentary wine glass shelf convention center european feel no elevator pine street keurig coffee downtown long beach yogurt bottled water trade show business trip business traveler
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here early April. On the one hand the hotel is small, the rooms are small, the bed small by US standards, no restaurant just a small area for complementary beverages and snacks, same area used for continental breakfast.

On the other hand, room was clean, tidy, had just enough space, functional wet room, TV, etc.
Location is good for the centre of Long Beach.

I guess the balancing factor relates to the staff. They were excellent; indeed, they could not have been any more helpful. This means that any initial disappointment with the room was soon put to one side by the confidence we had with the staff.

So, in conclusion, if you are staying one or two nights then this hotel is comfortable and has everything you will need. If staying over that time you would want more room for clothes, suitcases, toiletries, etc etc.

I would visit again for a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim-from-Brum
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised with the size of our room after comments on Tripadvisor, there is plenty of floor space for 2 large suitcases plus carry on etc, and furnishings are very modern and clean. Bathroom is very very small, but not a problem in fact a bit of a laugh :-) The air con/heat worked excellently and we were very comfortable and had a great nights sleep. Room 5 was very very quiet. Smoke and pet free hotel.

Complimentary wine and snacks are served near lobby between 5-7pm which is a great idea, and mini bottles of wine and ice are available at reception anytime. We would like to say BIG thanks to the very friendly and helpful blonde lady who checked us in and directed us to nearest shops etc, she is a star and made us feel extremely welcome so big thanks to her again.

We would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura T
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Once again I staid at the Varden Hotel during my last and short visit to Long Beach.
The staff is always helpfull and firendly and the management team is fantastic.

The room was perfect and I love the location in the downtown area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Fabien13
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Being greeted with a bottle of water, a big smile, arrival ready paperwork, and, best of all, a glass of cabernet was prologue to a great stay. You couldn't ask for more hospitality than you will received here. THe room is small but spotless, contemporary, and comfortable. THe "external closet" was my only minor gripe as it partially blocked the view of the TV. One block away is Starbucks and a host of restaurants. I look forward to my return visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank valtraveler10
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Was here just for a night as I was wedding a place to stay near the Indy track. Really nice place. Staff super helpful in arranging a few things for me including an early Checkin as my flight from Australia landed early morning. They also organised bus shuttle for the airport when I flew out and provided breakfast etc

Rooms are small but perfect for what I needed. Bed was super comfortable. Room very clean and tv had plenty of channels

Thanks so much everyone at Varden!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo