“Great Location great staff”
Review of Beach Plaza Hotel

Beach Plaza Hotel
Ranked #40 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location is right on the beach, next to the bus stop very convenient as we did not want to drive once we got there. Free parking, the rooms were clean and comfy we did not have any issues, staff is really nice, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cody50
There are newer reviews for Beach Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Amazingly enough, I believed Donna at Hotels.com and thought this place would be OK while I was there for the Long beach Travel and Adventure show. It wasn't.
When I opened the door, the bed looked like a saucer - lower in the middle than the edges. The window was divided into 3 sections - 2 of them I could close, the middle was louvers like you would find on a patio in the 50's. So ALL the noise came in. My room was on the the driveway, so every vehicle entering, leaving, or just driving down Ocean sounded as though it was going to end up in my room. (I can vouch for Mary L and her noisy room - she checked in right after me and got the room that had both the driveway AND the main drag).
Want to charge your electronic gear ? - decide what to unplug - there are only two outlets in the room, and they have to support one of the two lamps, the clock (that no longer works as a radio or alarm) you get to choose two out of those three; the other outlet is behind the dresser and supports the coffee maker (don't know if that works - like one of the lamps it was unplugged so the TV could be plugged in. Remember the Radio Shack ad during the Superbowl? - the 80's want their stuff back? - the TV was from that ad.
The floor in the room/bathroom was so dirty that when I put my foot in the tub there was a black footprint - and I hadn't been walking in the sand.
There was no switch to turn on the light when you walked in - it was covered up. Glad I arrived during daylight so I could see the broken chain hanging from the 90's era fan and lamp. Also gave me a chance to screw in one of the light bulbs to brighten the room.
The free breakfast - a pot of coffee on the table in the "office" and a tray of individually wrapped Svenhardt pastries under the watchful eye of the clerk. Can't get too many of those babies.
But the recommendation to go to Park Pantry was right on - a great diner 2 blocks away

Room Tip: Refuse to stay in any room along the driveway - rooms 107 thru 110 and 207 thru 210. They all have t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 12 February 2014

After requesting a quiet room at booking, when I checked in, the staff had put me in the worst room for noise. I asked to be changed and they said they were full. I asked if everyone had checked in. NO. But they would not move me. Supposedly this was the manager.

The night person was helpful and concerned. He volunteered that he woke me up 1 hour early the first morning and was surprised when I said I never got my wake up call the second morning. He looked and found the person the evening before wrote my room number down for a wake up call, but no the time.

My first room did not have a closet so there were not any hangers. The room was laid out poorly, for example the light switch was behind the door in the bathroom. So you had to go in close the door and in the dark, locate the switch by the door hinge.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The absolute worst hotel experience of my life. The place is filthy. I guess the housekeepers do all they can, but the carpet and furniture is stained and the walls look like they haven't been painted in over 15 years. The worst part of all is that this place is a hangout for "crack dealers". Gangster rap music blasting from 3 different rooms, cars pulling up on the side street and coming in to buy whatever drugs they were selling there, People in and out all night. We were affraid to say anything as we didn't want to be shot at or stabbed. We were suppose to stay a second night, but decided our lives were more important. We got up and fled from the place at 5:30am. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone unless you want to stay in a place where you can sell drugs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We requested a down stairs room and were put into an old run down apt on the premises. The floors were filthy and the rest of the place had broke down furnishings, smelled and the paint, paper seemed to be pealing. if you opened the bathroom window, people were right outside at the pool. Nice people, crappy room. wont stay there again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Tried giving feedback. After typing a long letter, could not send "Try again later", oh my, I feel like I have been royally taken advantage of. Rooms look nothing like pictures, maybe they did 20 years ago! Which appears to be the last time they were throughly cleaned. I paid for the most expensive suite, what a disappointment. Especially because it was a special Vacation for My Grandchildren. The kitchen which I was looking forward to, was not fit to cook in. Heated Pool!?! Someone forgot to turn the heat on. Free WIFI ?!? Kids would stand outside office door to get it. There were 4 of us & went to office for extra towels & maid came in & took our clean towels & left us enough for 2. Not a place I would recommend to anyone! I pray that they do right by all of us, that they ruined our vacations by there fraudulent advertising!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marge W
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My party and I arrived Saturday at about 6pm, we had been driving since 4am and everyone was exhausted. We knew in advance that we would only have one parking spot. We specifically called in advance to ensure it was okay we park our small u-haul trailer in our ONE assigned spot (for our 2 bedroom suite). We were assured this would be no problem. Upon arrival this was completely contradicted. Now.... I understand if it won't fit, I do get that. However there was a giant 12 seater van in the spot next to what would have been our spot. It was easily almost double the size of the trailer. The receptionist then cancelled our room when she felt that we got to upset over this issue. Completely stranding us... I have never recieved such poor customer service in my life. We paid in advance, and were told repeatedly nothing had been paid for. We showed the charges, and they still would not admit anything has been charged. It was craziness all around.

On the upside we did end up staying at The Long Beach Marriott and it was lovely and the people were amazing!! After reading some of the other reviews, I want to thank that receptionists hand for saving us all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Best Western Plus Hotel at the Convention Center
Courtyard Long Beach Downtown
Courtyard Long Beach Downtown
#14 of 58 in Long Beach

Been to Beach Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!