Beach Plaza Hotel
US$257
US$241
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Golden Sails Hotel(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$130
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$160
Agoda.com
US$193
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
The Queen Mary(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$280
US$254
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location is right on the beach, next to the bus stop very convenient as we did not want to drive once we got there. Free parking, the rooms were clean and comfy we did not have any issues, staff is really nice, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cody50
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Amazingly enough, I believed Donna at Hotels.com and thought this place would be OK while I was there for the Long beach Travel and Adventure show. It wasn't.
When I opened the door, the bed looked like a saucer - lower in the middle than the edges. The window was divided into 3 sections - 2 of them I could close, the middle was louvers like you would find on a patio in the 50's. So ALL the noise came in. My room was on the the driveway, so every vehicle entering, leaving, or just driving down Ocean sounded as though it was going to end up in my room. (I can vouch for Mary L and her noisy room - she checked in right after me and got the room that had both the driveway AND the main drag).
Want to charge your electronic gear ? - decide what to unplug - there are only two outlets in the room, and they have to support one of the two lamps, the clock (that no longer works as a radio or alarm) you get to choose two out of those three; the other outlet is behind the dresser and supports the coffee maker (don't know if that works - like one of the lamps it was unplugged so the TV could be plugged in. Remember the Radio Shack ad during the Superbowl? - the 80's want their stuff back? - the TV was from that ad.
The floor in the room/bathroom was so dirty that when I put my foot in the tub there was a black footprint - and I hadn't been walking in the sand.
There was no switch to turn on the light when you walked in - it was covered up. Glad I arrived during daylight so I could see the broken chain hanging from the 90's era fan and lamp. Also gave me a chance to screw in one of the light bulbs to brighten the room.
The free breakfast - a pot of coffee on the table in the "office" and a tray of individually wrapped Svenhardt pastries under the watchful eye of the clerk. Can't get too many of those babies.
But the recommendation to go to Park Pantry was right on - a great diner 2 blocks away

Room Tip: Refuse to stay in any room along the driveway - rooms 107 thru 110 and 207 thru 210. They all have the bizarre louvered windows that let in all the noise. Heck, do yourself a favor and refuse to stay here at all.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 12 February 2014

After requesting a quiet room at booking, when I checked in, the staff had put me in the worst room for noise. I asked to be changed and they said they were full. I asked if everyone had checked in. NO. But they would not move me. Supposedly this was the manager.

The night person was helpful and concerned. He volunteered that he woke me up 1 hour early the first morning and was surprised when I said I never got my wake up call the second morning. He looked and found the person the evening before wrote my room number down for a wake up call, but no the time.

My first room did not have a closet so there were not any hangers. The room was laid out poorly, for example the light switch was behind the door in the bathroom. So you had to go in close the door and in the dark, locate the switch by the door hinge.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The absolute worst hotel experience of my life. The place is filthy. I guess the housekeepers do all they can, but the carpet and furniture is stained and the walls look like they haven't been painted in over 15 years. The worst part of all is that this place is a hangout for "crack dealers". Gangster rap music blasting from 3 different rooms, cars pulling up on the side street and coming in to buy whatever drugs they were selling there, People in and out all night. We were affraid to say anything as we didn't want to be shot at or stabbed. We were suppose to stay a second night, but decided our lives were more important. We got up and fled from the place at 5:30am. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone unless you want to stay in a place where you can sell drugs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We requested a down stairs room and were put into an old run down apt on the premises. The floors were filthy and the rest of the place had broke down furnishings, smelled and the paint, paper seemed to be pealing. if you opened the bathroom window, people were right outside at the pool. Nice people, crappy room. wont stay there again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family