“Clean rooms and sheets, good for price.”

Royal Inn Motel Long Beach
Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms and sheets clean, affordable but location is not great. Kind of looks like a rough area. Motel is old, but clean. A/C unit smells but works. Oh and no elevator, so if u have a lot of luggage it's a pain dragging up the stairs.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Shar C

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The location is really sketchy and ghetto and the outside of the hotel is a bit sketchy. Once I got inside i was surprised at how clean it was. The only issue I had was the shower; the hot water eventually made a noise that sounded like the pipes were breaking. Wouldn't stay again because the area was just really uncomfortable but I gave it a four for its cleanliness.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank inessa p
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The location was ghetto, towels they provided guests inside the room were so thin, small, & worn out already after probably years of use, the pillows looked old, dirty & yukky without the cases, I felt itchy! The ironing board given me when I asked for one was covered with a dirty, old, single layer cover and the iron also an old one! The obsolete room key and loose doorlock didn't make us feel safe staying there at all! Noises from adjacent rooms and people talking and walking around outside of our own room were probably because of thin walls & poor insulation. Hubby & I wondered how the management had the guts to charge their guests the rate that decent and comfortable motels charge, when they couldn't even buy new towels, pillows, and beddings for their guests!!! It was so unfair we had to spend too much for what the room was really worth which probably was just about half as much!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2013

GREAT PLACE! I needed to stay in a long beach for 2 nights and this was the perfect place! Nothing too fancy but they have everything. The location is not the nicest or fanciest, but it's safe (saying this as a female traveling by myself). The man working there was very nice. He doesn't speak the most fluent English, but you can definitely understand him. I got there at 2 am and he was there to check me in. He was super nice to me, told me the rules, and the fact that I have to tell him if I needed room service. The room was very clean, the bathroom super clean, the sheets were clean. I was so surprised because there was a fridge, a microwave and a TV! What else can you ask for a $54 price? (by the way, beware, cause this price doesn't include tax (12%)- So I ended up paying $120 for 2 nights). When I was leaving, I had to service my car, and I had to ask him if he knew of any particular place. He took the time to tell me about different shops. A very nice place to stay. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Maddy H
Reviewed 3 August 2013

WOW!! this is by far the best motel i've stayed at and i've stayed at ton! the service was friendly and well mannered. the room was very nice and clean and i did not have a problem with anything? i don't know what the other reviewers are thinking but it was a nice stay for me and my partner. i flew all the way from south carolina and i'm very pleased! most likely to visit this amazing place again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boniqua S
Reviewed 2 July 2013

At first I thought oh this room is small but it looked to be clean. Then I find a pair of panties next to the bed with a pantie liner attached to them. If that wasn't enough I was awaken by my boyfriend as he flicks a baby roach off of his face. After that neither of us could sleep. We saw three more roaches come from behind the headboard. We pulled the bed away from the headboard . Still not being able to rest. As we get up to check out there was another roach under the covers. I thought I felt something crawling under there. We wont be going back I don't care how cheap it is. It was a horrible night.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Don't listen to some of these reviews. Love is where you find it. My husband and I stayed at
the Royal Inn Motel for two weeks and had all the privacy we wanted. The rooms are very nice
and have huge bathrooms with really HOT water. Micro/fridge cable TV, and WI-FI that works.
Al the manager and his wife Penny were very nice and very helpful. We have stayed at about
six different motels in Long Beach and when I say stay here I really mean it. Save yourselves
some grief. The price was great and all the staff were wonderful. I highly reccommend the Royal Inn Motel.

Jessica H.

Room Tip: Have smoking and non-smoking rooms Great A/C Jack in the box across street Everything is close.