“Good food and great staff”

Sophy's Thai & Cambodian Cuisine
Ranked #347 of 1,135 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Thai
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We found this restaurant across the street from the hotel we were staying at. Turned out to have a great menu and food priced was reasonable. It doesn't look like much from the outside but we were satisfied with the meal, price and staff.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

There is a large banner on the side of the restaurant claiming half price appetizers M-F 3-6 pm. OK, I go in there on a wednesday at 4 pm and order a couple appetizers....then the bill comes. $22!!! Its only half price appetizers if you tell them before you order and then they bring you appetizers that are half the size.

Never will be back

Reviewed 10 February 2013

amok, the secret weapon of cambodian food? steamed fish with coconut sauce, flavorful and accessible... my 100 year old father loves it, i love it, my husband loves it. and sophy's does a good job of it, and makes dining a pleasant, easy, casual experience. most tables are filled with families, lots of well behaved kids with the occasional wailer...

real life, real good food... and parking in back.

1  Thank dan y dena r
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stood at hostess station for 10 minutes before being greeted. This was slightly after the big lunch rush so I overlooked it at first. Then told about an extra charge for credit cards after I had waited on food. This isn't completely irrationale, but when I asked about why it wasn't posted at hostess stand, I received a long story by the owner and a life lesson of how sometimes life hands you lemons. I'm in business and understand the credit card deal, but would've liked to know up front and didn't appreciate the lesson. Food wasn't great either and much better at Thapatra (sp?).

Reviewed 1 August 2011

I love Sophy's. A friend introduced me to it and I've been going back time and again ever since. Having traveled to both Thailand and Cambodia, I can tell you the food is great - very authentic and delicious. The tom kha soup is the best I've had in L.A. Reasonably priced and good service. Definitely worth a visit or two, or three...