“Good Hotel in Not Great Surroundings”

The Westin Long Beach
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Hampshire
“Good Hotel in Not Great Surroundings”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel for work. The area is not great so at least it was a nice to be a decent hotel. The food was reasonable and very nice and the staff were excellent.

The Westin Heavenly beds are sooooo comfortable and the rooms at this hotel pretty good. Nice view and a decent size. The bathroom was very big and had two shower heads but didn't know how to make the water come out of both!

1 Thank FlopsyBunny
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We know there are many lodging options in Long Beach and we are humbled to know you chose our property. We are also refreshed to hear that you were able to enjoy our signature amenities such as our Heavenly Bed and Shower. Please come back soon so that we may continue to provide you with the best stay possible. Happy Holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We checked in on Wed. Dec. 4th, 2013 at about 5.30pm in room 539. After a day of golf in Palm Springs and sitting in traffic, we were ready to shower and relax. I started to shower and the tub drained so slow. I got out and called the front desk. The maintenance staff told me that it's normal for it to drain so slowly because he can't snake it due to the small pipes. I did not argue as I was in my bathrobe. So for our two night stay, we took showers with water that came up to our ankles! This is NOT the Westin's service that I am used to.

On a different note, we really enjoyed Hermie's friendly and funny personality at the hotel bar.

I do not recommend this hotel for your next Westin's visit.

1 Thank letskayak66
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies regarding your stay. What you have mentioned is not proper Westin service standards. We should have come to a resolution during your stay. Rest assure that we are currently reviewing our guest room offerings. It is our goal that we identify and make the proper adjustments to our rooms so future guests may enjoy their stay fully. Happy Holidays.
Newcastle, Washington
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Rosa c. is a wonderful waitress when I'm having breakfast at the Westin. She always has a great smile and makes sure you have everything you need for a great meal with wonderful service.

Thank you, Rosa!

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are better than city view.
1 Thank Brad L
Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope you will dine with us again so that we may continue to surprise and delight you! Happy Holidays!
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Had some personal issues arise that forced us to use a local hotel. Very dog friendly, receptive and compassionate to situations. Would recommend the Westin hotel to any person(s) that have a dog or are just looking for a getaway. Beds were super comfortable, room amenities were average but nice, bathrooms were very clean and luxurious (2 shower heads for instance) and all staff members that aided us were excited and eager. Being right on Ocean & Long Beach Blvd, across from the Long Beach Performing Arts center puts you in the center of the city with lots of things within walking distance. Would definitely recommend this hotel for pet owners as it requires no deposit vs other hotels in the area like the Marriott, Hyatt, Residence Inn, Renaissance, Mayan and Hilton, all of which have a $150+ non-refundable deposits for dogs on top of the nightly cost. This is one of the best value hotels in Long Beach. I would like to personally think Gabby, our front desk clerk, for taking care of us so late at night and really making us feel welcome after some very difficult personal circumstances.

Room Tip: 5th floor had very little ambient noise and the "Avalon Suite" is an awesome value for gro...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We know there are many lodging options in Long Beach and we are truly humbled by your decision. We are also thrilled to know that your furry friend was able to enjoy our pet specific amenities. Come back soon. Happy Holidays!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at this Westin a few days and my experience was simply amazing . The customer service, the excellent organization, the prompt and welcoming attitude of the staff made me feel like a valuable person. The service at the Grill restaurant was exceptional the waitress that served me, Rosa Casarrubias, was very amicable, competent and knowledgeable of the different food options available. Her warm personality and constant smiling made my meal enjoyable. Thank you for the great service and for going above and beyond my expectations.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have amazing views and tend to be quieter since they are away from the street customer...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at our signature restaurant The Grill! We will make sure to pass your note along to our restaurant manager so that they may be able to properly reward and recognize Rosa. As the holidays are now in full gear - visit us again soon to revel in our special holiday menus and savories. Be well!
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Attended a veterans organization convention . Excellent hotel, great friendly staff. The hotel went above and beyond to make the rooms accessible for the numerous disabled veterans,many in wheel chairs.
Really like everything about this hotel.
Great location,easy stroll or wheel chair roll to many nearby restaurants and the free bus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate your words regarding our property and service. Veterans such as yourself has done much to keep our freedom alive and at the very least we can do is provide you with the best possible stay. Come back soon! Happy Holidays!
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have been to the Westin several times now over the last few years, but this is my first time Staying there as a guest. My daughters are Pop Warner cheerleaders, and have competed in Regional Competitions at Long Beach Arena many times, in part years I've driven up and back in one trip, because I couldn't afford even a one night stay at such a nice place. But this year I planned ahead and saved the $ to spend the night at the hotel with my daughter's teammates. And while I typically very out of place in upper class environments, every member of your staff from the friendly bartender, to the door men, made me feel very welcome and COMFORTABLE, in an uncomfortable place for me. But, please, please, give the luggage boy, I think his name was Jacob, my most sincere THANK YOU for his help to me when I locked my keys in my rental car and didn't have $50 for someone to come out and help me, he stung together some hangers and fished my keys from the passenger seat through the cracked sunroof. He really saved the day. And wouldn't even let me offer to send him a better tip once I got home. That was soooo kind of him. You have some exceptional staff. Thank you for the lovely night, the soft pillows, and making a single mom of four girls feel like royalty for a minute in all the craziness of competition time and misery of dealing with over bearing, stuck up cheer moms who are Hell bent to make me feel inferior. Eh, overall, it was fun, and I enjoyed my stay. Maybe I'll get to come back next year. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank grneyedtiffster
Thank you for your review! In times like these, we understand the need to meet and exceed expectations. We are extremely happy that we were able to create a memorable stay for you and your family. We will make sure to forward your kind words to our service team so that they may be able to properly recognize stellar team members such as Jacob. Please visit us soon so that we may be able continue to surprise and delight you. Wishing you all the best and the brightest this holiday season. Be well!