“Couldn't Have Asked for Better”

The Westin Long Beach
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I attended a conference at the Westin,Long Beach. I went to check in & there was a snag with registration & payment. Quickly Jennifer flew into action & resolved the problem in minutes-thanks Jennifer! Food, service & BED couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We hope we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Your comment will help us recognize stellar employees and help inspire other teammates to go above and beyond! Be well!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We recently stayed at the Westin Long Beach and were very pleased with the service we received from the staff....Osmin helped us out tremendously with our cars, luggage, places to go..our rooms were clean and well maintained....we definitely would recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Rooms that are higher up have a better view of the ocean!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ellieski
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for pointing out one of our stellar team members. Your comment will help inspire and have others follow in Osmin's steps. There are many exciting this happening this spring in Long Beach such as the first ever LB Restaurant Week March 30 to April 5! Do visit us soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Every bit a 4-star experience! I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel where the staff was nicer and more accommodating, even more so than in some 5-star establishments. From the time I checked in, until I left, every request I made was "no problem!" Even when right after I checked out, I realized I'd left my bottle of water in my room and mentioned it... they called and had someone bring me another bottle right to the front desk-- I didn't even have to ask! They have Starbucks coffee in the room and free bottles of water, replenished daily. Because I don't do caffeine, they made sure my Starbucks was all decaf every day. The room was lovely, modern, with large windows and comfortable beds. The room service meals were quick and tasty (and like anywhere, not cheap, but worth the splurge). I'd recommend to anyone!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

We appreciate your stay! In such a fast paced world - we are glad to know we were able to provide a relaxing respite. Our team hopes you have a future stay in line with us so we can continue to provide you with the best stay possible. Be well!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Our recent stay at he Westin Long Beach was exceptional, not just because of the amenities, which are adequate for the category, but for the employees, who can take your stay from adequate to inadequate very quickly. Stayed during a bit of lousy weather, and were therefore "hotel bound", spending more lobby time than we anticipated. We travel with a large dog, and while many hotels advertise "dog friendly", Westin is "dog wonderful". From the manager who upgraded our accommodations, to the maids, busboys, waiters, bellman, all appear happy to work here, and it shows in how they relate to the guests. Our down time, became a good time, in large part because of the attitude of Westin employees. Highly recommended

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank WestcoastRay

What a lovely review. We are glad to know you enjoyed every bit of your stay. Please do visit us soon so you can experience our exciting Super Foods menu which incorporates ingredients which help you to play well, sleep well, and most of all be well!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The Westin is in a nice location and well within walking distance from many nice restaurants. Moreover, they have plenty of parking in the garage. However, our experience was well below what we have come to expect from a four-star hotel. My son and I both felt like the assistant at the desk had a bit of an attitude. Maybe it was because we received a decent deal from the travel agency used by our state bar association and did not have to pay the full price from the website. However, had we paid the full window sticker from their website, we would have been furious given our overall experience.

First impressions carry great weight and when we first entered the room, we immediately noticed that the bathroom had not been cleaned and had used towels in the sink and bathtub. We called and they sent someone up to clean the bathroom.

Further, we were on the west side of the building facing Ocean Blvd. and the sun beamed directly into our window in the late afternoon; while this is usually an easy fix, the sun screen on half of the window had been torn down and never replaced. Thus, we were forced to close the drapes losing almost all of the natural light. Finally, the carpet simply did not seem clean and had an uncomfortable sticky texture to it.

The beds were nice, clean and comfortable with plenty of pillows.

Overall, we simply did not enjoy our stay at this hotel. This is not to say it was horrible, just not something to write home about and certainly not what we are used to when staying at what has been sold to us as a four star property.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David R

We appreciate your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the encounter you had at our front desk. Our motto is to have you feeling even better then when you arrived and unfortunately we were not able to deliver that. Know that we are taking your review to our department heads so that they may take the steps to remind and re-train our team members of The Westin standards. Be well.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

clean lobby, friendly staffs, clean rooms except for the towels, some towels were stained and i found fallen hair follicles on the towels which grossed me out. Luckily i stayed here on my own so there were plenty of extra towels for me to use.

i like that this location of Westin is walking distance to many restaurants.

wifi is $15 a day. Self parking is $18 a day - expensive.

nothing much to share except for those information i mentioned. just another westin.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

What you have mentioned is unacceptable Westin standards. Please accept our apologies regarding your encounter. We have brought your comment to the attention of our housekeeping department so that we may be able to identify, remind, and re-train our team members on guest room standards. We hope this will not discourage you from staying with us in the future. Thank you again and be well.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

During my stay at this property, I made some new friends with the staff who were always polite attentive and sociable. From the breakfast crew, I would like to point out Jay B. Ken B. and Rosalio R who took care of me for the 23 days I was in Long Beach. The bartenders Herme and Josh were fun to chat with and always made sure I was taken care of. Eddie (Manager) spent some time with me discussing beer and places to partake in the area. Overall, the convenience of this property to the convention center and Pine street for additional eating options was perfect. The lobby is large, clean and busy with social gatherings. The rooms do not have exceptional views, but are comfortable and quiet. Budget car rental is also in the lobby for easy booking if you decide to take a drive down the Pacific Coast Hwy. Look forward to going back if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo