“well functional hotel and serves the purpose”

The Westin Long Beach
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Hongkong
“well functional hotel and serves the purpose”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

we stayed one night in July before heading back Vancouver via LAX - in short we liked the hotel, and will surely return. their aren't much Cons to say. It's a well located westin, 20 minutes drive to LAX, especially considering always hectic LA high way - it's a big Plus for us. room was clean and sizable, with rarther comfy bed, and the service was definitely at or above par. Hotel parking was rather reasonable, especially comparing to downtown hotels lofty overnight rate.

So yes, i will recommend this hotel for both biz and pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your stay. We appreciate the kind words and hope you will return. Be well!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Once I arrived in Long Beach, I checked into the Long Beach Holiday Inn, only to become extremely displeased. Using my Starwood App, I found the closest Starwood hotel, The Westin Long Beach. I contacted reservations requesting a stay of 2 weeks. I was giving a competitive rate due to the extent of my stay.

During check-in I was greeted by Raquell at the front desk. SHE IS AWESOME. She took the time to help me decide which welcome gift would best suit my needs, briefly explained current offers The Westin has going on, and lastly called my room to explain I had breakfast included and she prepared all tickets I would need for the following two weeks. Lastly, knowing I was staying for two weeks, she changed my rooms to a room closer to eh elevator and a higher floor. This may not seem like a big deal to most, but little things like this put the icing on the cake, and Raquell is to thank for this.

This Westin is the epitome of the Starwood brand and went beyond expectations allowing me to feel home away from home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Beanie13799
Your time in reviewing your stay is such a gift to us. We are also delighted to know that one of our team members made such an impression. Should you find yourself in Long Beach again, do stay with us so we can continue our tradition of unparalleled service. Be well!
Canton, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin recently to attend a family wedding in Long Beach. Overall, our stay was forgettable. The location of the hotel is ideal. It is close to everything - restaurants, the Promenade, the Aquarium of the Pacific just to name a few things. Unfortunately, a hotel needs much, much more than just location, location, location to make it special.

The rooms were slightly dated and a little musty. Housekeeping was a little slipshod and often things were not cleaned as well as they could have been. Communication and service, particularly with the front desk staff, was a little lacking. For instance, at no point at check-in was I advised that I needed a special pass to be able to charge parking to my room despite my saying that I would be parking my car in the garage. As a result, each time I went out of the parking garage, I had to deal with the rudeness of the parking attendant who clearly did not want to to have to phone the front desk to see if I was a guest at the hotel. It was only on the third day that a different parking attendant enlightened me to the fact that I was supposed to be given a parking pass to be able to go in and out of the garage without having to pay.

I would most likely look at some of the other hotels in the area on any future trip to Long Beach.

1 Thank JourneymanCT
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for what you experienced. Due to our building being shared with nearby offices - our garage is owned and operated by another company. We will make sure that both our front desk and garage personnel are in constant communication when it comes to parking so that guests may have the flawless stay that they deserve. Safe travels.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked this hotel the day that we checked in. The grounds are kept nice and groomed. The lobby has a lot of seating, and the staff was helpful.

We only stayed one night. Our room had a moldy smell to it. I couldn't pin point what it was coming from, but it was MOLD. The rooms are dated, even though the hotel tried to "freshen" it up with a new coat of paint.

The beds were very comfortable.

Things to Note:
Wifi isn't free.
Business center internet is 6.95 for each fifteen minute block
Black and White printing is .79 cents per sheet.
When entering the parking garage, go down, not up!

This hotel claims it caters to the business traveler, however they do NOT make it easy to do business.

1 Thank sniemi
Please accept our sincere apologies for your stay. What you experienced is not a clear representation of the Westin brand. Please know that we are currently looking into our guest rooms that need a little more TLC so that future guests may enjoy their stay completely. Know that we truly appreciate your business and hope you will return so that we may provide you with the best stay you deserve. Thank you and be well.
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My family stayed at the Westin, long beach July 18-24. We had a lapdog with us. The Westin happily accommodated our puppy. They even have us dog treats and poopy bags. I thought that was soooo nice. They even provided our puppy with his own heavenly bed and bowls. We couldn't ask for more. We were able to check into our rooms early with no issues. I must compliment the front desk lady, Kenisha. She is a very classy lady. She got our 3 rooms all on the same floor. Kenisha was sweet and very, very nice. She was efficient and accommodating. This is what makes Westin special, people like her. Thank you Kenisha!!! You have made our stay even more enjoyable and we will definitely think of the Westin when we are in Long Beach

Stayed July 2014
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! We are even more thrilled to know that your furry best friend was able to experience the amenities as well. Do come back soon! Be well!
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel staff - all of them - know their stuff, are there to help, are friendly and can get you any type of info you need.

They even can make drinks appear at the cool outside pool - which no once uses, so it's like having your own pool.

Food is great - and the serve staff awesome.

Was my first time in decades at a Westin, now i wonder why. Rooms are nice, big, and have a great view (almost all of them since the building is crescent shaped).

Definitely a great place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Will_Swagger
Thank you for your review. We strive daily to provide the best service possible as well as the amenities of today. Thank you again and we hope we were able to have you leave feeling even better then when you arrived.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

we loved this hotel so much we went back a second time at the end of our travels. The staff were very polite and Carlos was extremely helpful in advising us about how to get to different destinations each day and inquired each evening about our day. Breakfast time was an enjoyable time with a large selection of food to choose from. The only downside was that on the first night of arrival we noted a couple of stains on the back of the pillows and sheets, however when we reported it to reception they had the sheets changed immediately without any fuss.

• Stayed August 2013
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
What a fantastic review! We know there are many choices in this lovely city of Long Beach and are humbled to know you chose us. Do visit soon so that we may continue to surprise and delight you! Safe travels!