“Very quiet”

The Westin Long Beach
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My family of 4 came to LB because we've heard of it but never been. We had a 1 bedroom suite. I was under the impression when I booked it was an actual bedroom, it wasn't. The "room" was around a corner in an L shaped room. We requested a roll away (along with the pull out) so my teens didn't have to sleep together as one is a wild sleeper, but they said no, this room would not fit a roll away....fire hazard....etc. Well the pull out was more of a fire hazard and there was plenty of room for a roll away. When the pull out was in use there was less than a foot of space for whomever used the bedroom to get by to use the washroom. The room also has no spare sheets/blankets or pillows for the pullout. They are not kept in the room, you have to call housekeeping and they will send someone up to your room to make up the bed. I felt bad about it, as it was almost 10pm and this lady from housekeeping came up to the room to make the bed. I asked her why not just leave the blankets in the room, but I don't think she spoke English......she just smiled and went about her work and left.
The room was very nice, up to date lots of windows, we had an end/corner room on an upper floor with partial views of the beach. I found you could hear all the traffic which doesn't bother me, but some people don't like that. The bathroom was very spacious, had a dual shower head which we enjoyed, but was staring me in the face (I'm 5'9") so that wasn't very nice. The bathroom fan if there was one didn't work so the room got real hot real quick and we'd have to open the door to let the steam out to help cool things down and clear the mirror.
King size bed was very comfortable, with tv at the foot of it on the dresser. Mini fridge concealed within the dresser which was nice too. Hotel robe was so nice that I bought one once I got home. We didn't eat in the hotel, as it was way too expensive. Went to the gift shop to buy a bottle of water and pop, and something to nibble on..was $11. There is underground parking at a fee of $18 a day. I thought with the price they charged for the room, parking should have been free....but what do I know. The hotel has easy access to the beach (a 3 block walk to the path to the beach), we walked all through there, lots to see and do. Apparently you can also have NB shoes and work out wear sent up to your room for a fee of $5 (might be per day) Over all, I thought it was nice, on the expensive side but we'd stay here again.

Room Tip: we had an end room with lots of windows, lots of outside noise, but we didn't hear our neighbors...
2  Thank tracyk03
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you kindly for the review! Your stay and business is much appreciated. Please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We try our very best to accommodate every request and in this case we were not to provide you with the best stay possible. Safe travels.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I just love this hotel.....so close to many things in the area and not far to get to hollywood. Staff are excellent in hotel. Pool area loses the sun early In the day so get there early or go to the beach. Stayed here many times and will def go back.

• Stayed: October 2013
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your review! Hope you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed providing you with great service. Be well!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is beautiful with exceptional service the food was pretty good in the hotel. The hotel is located 3 blocks from the beach and 3 blocks from a restaurant's row. Really upscale area I loved every minute of long beach. The catalina island express is 4 minute s away in a cab GREAT PLACE

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

What an invigorating review! We take great pride not only in our location but also our stellar team members. We hope there is a future stay in line so that we may continue to surprise and delight you. Be well!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I came in from DC for a 10 day vacation/business trip and flew into Long Beach. We decided to get a day/night of R & R before our trip and had a staycation in our room for 24 hours. The staff made it amazing. Coupled with the Heavenly bed, double shower head and wonderful room service, we really enjoyed our stay. Food was great, fast delivery and wonderful follow up.

• Stayed: August 2014

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! We strive daily to make sure our team rivals our great amenities and location. Thank you and do come back soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

we stayed one night in July before heading back Vancouver via LAX - in short we liked the hotel, and will surely return. their aren't much Cons to say. It's a well located westin, 20 minutes drive to LAX, especially considering always hectic LA high way - it's a big Plus for us. room was clean and sizable, with rarther comfy bed, and the service was definitely at or above par. Hotel parking was rather reasonable, especially comparing to downtown hotels lofty overnight rate.

So yes, i will recommend this hotel for both biz and pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your stay. We appreciate the kind words and hope you will return. Be well!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Once I arrived in Long Beach, I checked into the Long Beach Holiday Inn, only to become extremely displeased. Using my Starwood App, I found the closest Starwood hotel, The Westin Long Beach. I contacted reservations requesting a stay of 2 weeks. I was giving a competitive rate due to the extent of my stay.

During check-in I was greeted by Raquell at the front desk. SHE IS AWESOME. She took the time to help me decide which welcome gift would best suit my needs, briefly explained current offers The Westin has going on, and lastly called my room to explain I had breakfast included and she prepared all tickets I would need for the following two weeks. Lastly, knowing I was staying for two weeks, she changed my rooms to a room closer to eh elevator and a higher floor. This may not seem like a big deal to most, but little things like this put the icing on the cake, and Raquell is to thank for this.

This Westin is the epitome of the Starwood brand and went beyond expectations allowing me to feel home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Beanie13799

Your time in reviewing your stay is such a gift to us. We are also delighted to know that one of our team members made such an impression. Should you find yourself in Long Beach again, do stay with us so we can continue our tradition of unparalleled service. Be well!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin recently to attend a family wedding in Long Beach. Overall, our stay was forgettable. The location of the hotel is ideal. It is close to everything - restaurants, the Promenade, the Aquarium of the Pacific just to name a few things. Unfortunately, a hotel needs much, much more than just location, location, location to make it special.

The rooms were slightly dated and a little musty. Housekeeping was a little slipshod and often things were not cleaned as well as they could have been. Communication and service, particularly with the front desk staff, was a little lacking. For instance, at no point at check-in was I advised that I needed a special pass to be able to charge parking to my room despite my saying that I would be parking my car in the garage. As a result, each time I went out of the parking garage, I had to deal with the rudeness of the parking attendant who clearly did not want to to have to phone the front desk to see if I was a guest at the hotel. It was only on the third day that a different parking attendant enlightened me to the fact that I was supposed to be given a parking pass to be able to go in and out of the garage without having to pay.

I would most likely look at some of the other hotels in the area on any future trip to Long Beach.

1  Thank JourneymanCT

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for what you experienced. Due to our building being shared with nearby offices - our garage is owned and operated by another company. We will make sure that both our front desk and garage personnel are in constant communication when it comes to parking so that guests may have the flawless stay that they deserve. Safe travels.