“Great hotel, great location”

The Westin Long Beach
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I tagged along on my husband's business trip and this hotel was perfect. He was out with the car on some of the days but I could walk everywhere and enjoy the pool and the health club when I wanted to stay at the hotel. The trip was off to a great start when Kenisha checked us in. She has a warm, sincere smile and was truly anxious to make sure everything was right for us. The rest of the staff were also friendly and accommodating. The bed was really comfortable and the room was lovely. I would highly recommend it to others who want to stay in Long Beach.

Room Tip: We were in a quiet corner suite and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

What an inspiring review! We appreciate your stay and the time you took to mention one of our stellar team members. It is our hope that you will return so that we may able to continue to surprise and delight you. Be well!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had to move my rating to 3 stars. The hotel recently changed out all the shower heads to a low flow rain head shower. The pressure is half of what the heavenly shower heads were and now you have to take a shower twice as long to get the same clean feel. Shower head pressure is one of my pet peeves when it comes to hotel and if a hotel has low pressure, then I'm out. While this has been my main hotel in Long Beach, I will be considering other options until they bring back the old shower heads.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We have updated our showers to stay true in our mission to make a green choice as well as being on brand. We will try our very best to increase the water pressure in our property so that future guests may enjoy our Heavenly amenities to the fullest. Again, thank you and please accept our sincere apologies for your stay. Safe travels.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Good bed, room was clean and quiet but warm due to very weak AC. Neither phone in the room worked properly, staff said they hadn't been able to "get the programming fixed." The knob on the tub that is supposed to lift to start the shower was stuck. Maintenance finally got it in the up position and turned on the shower - the "rainfall" head worked, but the "wand" had a leak which sprayed water out of the side of the handle. Free wifi in lobby only, computer in lobby is $6.95 for 15 minutes of use, takes 3 minutes just to get you online. The "minibar" in the room isn't - according to the engineer who came to see if it was working "it's more of a cooler." Probably won't ever stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

You are absolutely right in your review. We are in the process of taking a look at our current room offerings and addressing items such as what you have experienced so that future guests may be able to enjoy a flawless stay. Again thank you and we apologize for the shortcomings. Be well.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We used this as a one-night stopover after flying in from the east coast. We are Westin/Starwood fans and the Westin Long Beach did not disappoint. The rooms have the same decor and feel that we have come to love, and of course the heavenly bed was super comfy. We ordered room service and it was outstanding, both the food and service. All of the staff were super friendly. I'm totally recommending a stay here. The only small opportunity for improvement was the lobby area --- its nice and spacious but could use a refresh sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Become a Starwood member -- its free to join!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misterduffy

What a wonderful review! It has left us feeling inspired to do our best daily. We are taking steps to better present our wonderful property and hope there's a future stay with us so that we may be able to showcase the very best of the Westin brand. Be well!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

the room was beautiful and the staff and service were so helpful.
very peaceful. great vacation spot. everything was very clean. very pretty hotel.
we had a wonderful time and definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us! It has been our utmost pleasure to serve you. Please visit again soon so that we may continue our tradition of unparalleled service and attention. Safe travels!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I travel a great deal for work and stay at hotels all over the country. My client and I use hotel meeting rooms to conduct all of our business because we both work in virtual environments. I say all this to preface that I have learned how to distinguish various levels of service in the hospitality industry. I can honestly say with all sincerity that the Westin Hotel Long Beach is by FAR the best hotel I have ever stayed. Valet -- bell hop --- front desk --- housekeeping --- banquet staff --- restaurant staff --- Every single department was completely on their game. I was greeted by warm smiles by each and every person I encountered. And I don't mean those phony forced smiles because some manager had a meltdown on the employees. These folks smiled with sincerity and kindness. And they had the skills to back it up! We never had to ask for anything because the entire staff were two steps ahead of our needs. That never happens. I was so pleased and overjoyed by my time there. We had very long days in our meetings and the staff made those days comfortable and kept us fed with great food and delicious coffee. When was the last time you heard good things about hotel food? I try to avoid it as much as possible. Not at the Westin Long Beach. Their banquet food is spectacular. Perfectly cooked eggs. Fresh, beautiful fruit. delicious oatmeal with more fixings that you can imagine. And always refreshed. That's another thing. It's a very delicate balance of providing good service but not giving annoying "over-service." The staff here know that line very, very well. Little things like refilling our water pitchers during the meeting. I swear they knew the exact right time to enter the room and do that. It was amazing! I really appreciate those details so much and this hotel has perfected them quite well. I wish we could hold every meeting at the Westin Long Beach. I feel like it is a second home because of the wonderful staff. I could say so much more....the immaculate guest rooms and public spaces. The delicious food at the restaurant. The incredibly fast room service. I couldn't believe how fast my wonderful food got to my room. There's so much here. I encourage you to use this hotel for pleasure or business. It gracefully serves both.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the west side of the hotel with beautiful views of the harbor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback. We are thrilled to know that you were able to enjoy your time fully. We hope to welcome you back soon. Be well!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Service was appalling. The pool if you can call it that is small and by 4 has a shadow from the building covering it. The phone call after you check in to see if everything is good, is pointless, as they don't address any issues you have. Please don't stay here...so many other hotels that are a thousand times better

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Anontk421

Please accept our sincere apologies for your stay. What you have mentioned is not a clear representation of our Westin standard of service and quality. We are also disheartened to hear that we were not able to provide you with the flawless stay you deserve. If you could be so kind as to reply back to us at westin.longbeach@westinlb.com and share the exact details - it would help us better understand the situation and make sure to take action so it does not happen again for future guests. On behalf of our team we appreciate your stay but are truly sorry for your experience. Be well.