“Back in the 50's”

Johnny Rockets
Ranked #559 of 1,133 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had already eaten in the new up dated restaurant at City Walk at Universal Studios and spotted this place on Pine Avenue Long Beach.
In contrast this had the feel of an original 50's diner. The fixtures and fittings are worn but the feel and atmosphere felt original. On each table there is even the old table top duke boxes though it's a shame they no longer work.
The menu is much what you'd expect but had a fab offer of a choice of five burger dishes for only $5each and an unlimited supply of fries. The quality of the food was nothing out of the ordinary but our daughter loved it.

1  Thank alison o

Reviewed 6 March 2013

My mom had the $5 burger deal it comes with all can eat fries and I had the tuna sandwich with fires. My mom loved it but my fires were cold. But they took care of it quickly. It was good and I would come again.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I like Johnny rockets but the one in Long Beach was bad. First of all I didn't like the location. It's on Pine ave, which is normally a great place for restaurants, but Johnny rockets was tucked inside an alley with a few other restaurants. It felt small and cramped and they didn't have restrooms. If you wanted to use the restroom, you had to ask for a key and to find the restroom they told you to go further into the alley and turn left at the dark tunnel behind the staircase... my wife was like "nevermind i don't have to go that bad." Besides that the food was expensive. I don't remember Johnny rockets being so expensive. I think I paid $11 for my burger. Altogether we paid about $50 for my wife, my two nephews and me. Also it didn't look all that clean. My wife said she enjoyed the milkshakes but she wouldn't eat here again. I don't think I will either, at least not in Long Beach.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

this diner is a long time hangout, the food is okay and the prices are getting a bit expensive...still fun to go to though...

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Johnny Rockets has good food, but it's average. Nothing special. It's always hot and prepared properly, service is good, but just a tiny bit much for a hamburger, fries and coke. They are reliable, though.