“Nice Hotel near to the Airport”

Courtyard Long Beach Airport
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I visited this Hotel for one night on my way through to San Diego. This was a quiet location with a few restaurants that were beside the parking lot. This was less expensive than ones near the water in Long Beach for a comparable Hotel. I would likely use it again if I am in the area in the future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BCvacationer

Reviewed 27 February 2014

As a Platinum member I've frequented my share of all categories of Marriott hotels. Originally I was considering staying at the Renaissance however I opted for the lower key Courtyard which turned our to be Wise choice. You will encounter a friendly and accommodating staff to include those in the restaurant. This is a newer version Courtyard with the typical amenities of free WiFI (which worked well), outdoor pool/whirlpool and the new Courtyard Cafe. Clean and well appointed rooms with no problems whatsoever. This property is located very close to the Long Beach Airport.
My only qualm is being required to pay $8.95 per night for parking in the typical exterior parking lot. Otherwise, I recommend staying here.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband stayed only one night at this nice hotel since he had an early flight the next morning out of Long Beach Airport. Clean, newer, and comfortable room with kind efficient front desk clerks. My husband would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here for one night while visiting a client in the area, and liked everything about this hotel. First of all it's new, so everything is in excellent shape. There is ample parking ($8.95 a night), free wifi, a nice exercise room as well as a pool. There is a small on-site restaurant and a burger joint and a Starbucks across the street. The room itself was very clean, very quiet and had everything I needed, including a coffee maker, large screen TV, comfortable bed, sofa and cocktail table as well as a desk and chair. The bathroom had a nice vanity with granite top and plenty of room for all my stuff. It is true that there is very little ventilation in the bathroom as some of the other reviews have noted, so I left the bathroom door open while I took a shower and since the a/c in the room itself works like a charm (I like it really cold) everything was fine. I will definitely stay here again when I am back in the area."

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AMAigner
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great place to lay your head. Coffee and eats across the parking lot to choose from. Easy access to Glacial Gardens Ice Rink (<5mins). Stayed here twice now and will call upon it again in the future! Clean rooms, clear digital TV's, Internet access - All was good !!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My wife thought the hotel room was great. We have stayed a other Marriott and Courtyard hotels in the past but she seemed to like the layout of this one the most. While the room was on the small side, they made good use of all the space. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. A small refrigerator in the room was a nice touch. There is a small "Bistro" in the lobby and it did smell good whenever we passed by. We needed some things and went to the Lakewood Mall about a mile or so from the hotel. There we found an abundance of restaurants and fast food outlets making it all very convenient. A small strip center in front of the hotel had some interesting food options but we were not there long enough to try any. Long Beach airport is very convenient and makes flying much easier than LAX. The airport is very near the hotel though we never heard any noise. We would stay there again if in the area. I thought the hotel was a bit over priced for a Courtyard but the convenience nearly makes up for the extra cost.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into my room. I used my marriott rewards points to book a hotel for a funeral that I was going to.
The hotel lobby is perfectly sized, and has a lot of good areas for quiet spots when you want to leave the room.
When I walked into my room it was much larger than other Courtyard rooms that I had previously stayed in so this was nice. I had a double queen bed room and that bathroom was immaculately clean.
My parents and I ordered from the Bistro and the only small complaint that I have was that the burgers were not that tasty and bit expensive for the taste of them, but other than that this Courtyard's service is up to par with friendliness and helpfulness.
They do charge a fee of $8 a night for parking, but if you compare it to other parking rates in the area unless they're free, then it's a very reasonable price.
I hope that this infrastructure stays well managed and up to date with it's amenities and such because I will definitely come back to stay here if it does!
Good job, Marriott!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Lucas F, General Manager at Courtyard Long Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you very much for the compliments - I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the feedback about the Bistro as well. We are always looking for ways to improve and I will follow up with team to ensure that we are following the proper menu guidelines and procedures so that we will always meet our high standards for food quality in the future. Again, thank you!