“New hotel, good experience”

Courtyard Long Beach Airport
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“New hotel, good experience”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Spent one night here before flying out of Long Beach Airport. Hotel is clean and well maintained and very close to the airport. Check in easy and we were warmly welcomed. Property is very new and it shows. Rooms are large and comfortable. Hotel is also surprisingly quiet. On night we were there, hotel was full and we had no noise at all. Note: hotel charges a parking fee if you keep a car here overnight. Hotel runs a shuttle to and from the airport (Long Beach) every 30 minutes if someone needs to go or if someone is waiting there. Lobby has a marketplace with good breakfast, good coffee, other food items. We will stay here again when we can.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChincoteagueWaves

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
California
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I live in San Diego but my office is in Long Beach. I was recently promoted and am now in the office more and stay at this courtyard when I need to overnight. I used to stay at the other Marriott down the street but I actually like this place more. It's very new so the rooms, bed, bathrooms etc are all in great shape. They have a nice fitness area and I really like the little cafe downstairs. It's sort of counter service type place but the way they've designed this part of the hotel it's actually sort of social. People bring their laptops down and sit at a table with a glass of wine/beer etc. there are also a couple of other take out places adjacent to the hotel - Starbucks, Jersey Mikes, The Habit etc. after a long day in the office I really don't want to go hunt for dinner so this is perfect. Everyone at the hotel was very nice too. This will now be my home away from home!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BagsPacked58
Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were in Long Beach for a couple of nights. We chose this Courtyard due to the good reviews on Tripadvisor. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The location for this hotel is good. The internet worked well and there was not a fee for it..yay! Wasn't thrilled at the parking fee, however, it wasn't too terribly high..8.95. Service was good. They had a nice pool, however it was overrun with kids due to graduation and prom parties. They ended up needing to drain the pool and I didn't even want to ask why. Location is great, nice and close to the airport, but no airport noise. There are a few restaurant right in the parking lot as well as a Starbucks. We would like to stay here again if we return to Long Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dsg560
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Recently stayed here on a business trip to Long Beach. My conference was downtown but there were no rooms available, so I opted for the airport. The hotel is nice, clean and new. The Lobby is one of the newly re-designed ones and many options for food and drinks. The room was nice with a good working area with free wifi. There were a ton of cable TV channels and the bed was comfortable. My room bordered the fitness room so in the morning it was a bit noisy, but nothing terrible. The area is lacking entertainment, but the burger place (The Habit) in the same parking lot was a great choice for dinner to bring back to the room. The airport is very close and it was about a 15-20 minute drive to downtown. I would definitely return to this Marriot for a business trip again. The one downside would be the parking fee. There is not much around so I did not understand the reason for the fee (Just roll it into the room rate and nobody would be wiser).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SCCam94
Waipahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family and I were in town for the weekend to attend a graduation! We have gotten spoiled staying at Courtyard Marriott's and this location did not disappoint. We always get excellent service, rooms are comfortable and clean, great location and staff is friendly and helpful. We were traveling with a baby and they were very accommodating in providing a play pen. I would highly recommend this location to travelers with families. Dining options on site, and right next door across their parking lot (Starbucks, Jersey Mike's Subs and The Habit Burger Grill). Complimentary shuttle to the airport. Pool looked clean and inviting! Thanks Courtyard Marriott Long Beach!

1 Thank BethUhhKnee
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is new and comfortable but we had a bad experience with the room reservation and rate quoted. After placing a reservation and receiving a confirmation e-mail with a confirmation number and a quoted rate. we arrived to find we did not have a reservation ( courtyard said someone had called and canceled, which we did not) and then stated they still had rooms available but at a higher rate than originally quoted in the email. We requested they show us the cancellation information and who they sent the cancel notice to. Of course they could not produce anything nor tell us who called to cancel. This facility also charges for hotel parking. While we knew this to be the case we assumed it was either valet parking or closed parking. Neither was the case. This is an open parking lot with a small strip mall in the same parking lot. Again, the hotel itself is fine but we will not stay here again since they would not honor the confirmation email.

2 Thank Migliaccio
Frank C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay on TripAdvisor. Feedback such as yours is important to us as well as our future/repeat clients. If I may make a correction to your feedback - your original reservation was reserved under Marriott's Friends & Family rate on May 2nd to which you did not have a valid form to receive the rate on the day of arrival. A second reservation was created under your name the morning of your arrival (5/21) under our discounted AARP rate, which is higher than the F&F rate. When it was brought to my attention that you requested the original rate, I accommodated your first three nights under the F&F rate that you originally booked.

Our hotel charges a competitive overnight parking rate of $8.95, given our proximity to the Long Beach Airport.

I'm very sorry to hear your last experience with us not as enjoyable as you had hoped. Again thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and should you wish to discuss further, please feel free to contact me.

-Frank
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

After whittling down some 72 hotels in the greater LB area, I easily settled on the Courtyard Marriott LB Airport. The hotel is just like the pictures. I liked the fact that the bedroom is decorated in warm colors and the lighting is soft and welcoming. I came down from Montana to attend my son's graduation at CSULB but purposely stayed a few days to catch up on much-needed rest as I work on a small farm and do a lot of manual labor (57 yr old woman). The bed met my expectations and more! I wanted to take the bed home with me and now I see that you can order the bedding online! The staff is friendly and helpful. The amenities are convenient and offer everything you need or want. The hotel is very clean and smells good. Computers are here so you don't have to lug along your own. You will be very happy here during your stay. Very satisfied.