Courtyard Long Beach Airport
US$239
Doubletree.com
Hotel Current(Long Beach)
US$156
Best Western Golden Sails Hotel(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$145
BestWestern.com
US$150
AscendHotels
The Queen Mary(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$117
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$280
US$252
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewslong beach airportparking lotjersey mikeshabit burger grillmarriott courtyardnewer hotela marriott rewards membernice hotelfast food placesworkout roomlounge areahotel chargesquiet roombusiness travelerorange countyi highly recommend this hotelrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Got stuck in Long Beach as the airport was running behind. Hotel is 3 mins away, and they offered a free shuttle that came right to get us when I called. Too bad I was only there until the next flight in the early morning. The pool and fitness center looked well worth a little extra time there. Would stay again any time I am in Long Beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Heather G
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This new Courtyard is conveniently located close to LGB airport and has a free shuttle service by appointment. The staff were all friendly and helpful. There is an onsite cafe and just outside in the same parking lot a couple of sandwich shops/burger places. Or walk 2 blocks down for a sit down breakfast at Sunrise Cafe. $5.99 for 2 large pancakes, 2 eggs, and bacon. The rooms are large, and the 2 queen beds are nice when you have to share with an eight year old bed hog!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amber B
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We choose the Courtyard Long Beach Airport because of its location, quality and value but it is the great staff that keeps us returning. We live in San Diego but our children and their families live in Los Angeles/Orange County - Long Beach splits the difference between home and the Courtyard allows us a private respite during a busy weekend of babysitting and play. This location is new, very clean and comfortable. The staff has always been exceptionally kind and helpful and are one of the reasons we chose this facility over others in the area.

A couple specific comments beyond the great staff:

Food:
The Courtyard Bistro concept is a step above the old school Courtyard but all Courtyards are still working through challenges with this concept. Certainly the extended operating hours of the Bistro is helpful when you are tired and don't want to go out. Also the ambiance, television booths and outdoor dining are nice.

Specifically the issue is the length of time between order and delivery of the food. The Bistro is not a separate destination restaurant but rather a small, convenient Starbucks-Denny's hybrid. As such the customer load is unpredictable and therefore staffing and order turnover is the same.

If you have the time to wait you will enjoy good food, prepared and presented well by sincere and helpful staff members, they you're fine. If you are looking for a quick breakfast sandwich and coffee before you hit the road, head north to the next light (Carson) and make a left to the McDonald's, Burger Kings, etc. I have stayed at many Courtyards and they all share this problem.

PARKING FEE:
They charge a $9 parking fee that you need to factor in when considering the overall value of this facility. In a general sense I can understand the reason - to discourage parking for free and taking the free shuttle to and from the airport. However it is not really enforceable since the hotel shares a parking lot with other businesses (Starbucks, Habit Burger Grill, etc.) . Having stayed here so often, I have seen people use this area for carpool and airport parking without consequence. But on the other hand, we often must take two cars but they never insist on a double charge for parking.

I don't think this is a money-grab by this Courtyard location but the policy needs to be reconsidered as it is not exactly accomplishing what they think does but rather can feel like an uninviting little gouge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ajoite
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Spent one night here before flying out of Long Beach Airport. Hotel is clean and well maintained and very close to the airport. Check in easy and we were warmly welcomed. Property is very new and it shows. Rooms are large and comfortable. Hotel is also surprisingly quiet. On night we were there, hotel was full and we had no noise at all. Note: hotel charges a parking fee if you keep a car here overnight. Hotel runs a shuttle to and from the airport (Long Beach) every 30 minutes if someone needs to go or if someone is waiting there. Lobby has a marketplace with good breakfast, good coffee, other food items. We will stay here again when we can.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChincoteagueWaves
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I live in San Diego but my office is in Long Beach. I was recently promoted and am now in the office more and stay at this courtyard when I need to overnight. I used to stay at the other Marriott down the street but I actually like this place more. It's very new so the rooms, bed, bathrooms etc are all in great shape. They have a nice fitness area and I really like the little cafe downstairs. It's sort of counter service type place but the way they've designed this part of the hotel it's actually sort of social. People bring their laptops down and sit at a table with a glass of wine/beer etc. there are also a couple of other take out places adjacent to the hotel - Starbucks, Jersey Mikes, The Habit etc. after a long day in the office I really don't want to go hunt for dinner so this is perfect. Everyone at the hotel was very nice too. This will now be my home away from home!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business