“Scary”

Ranked #45 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Menlo Park
“Scary”
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I was in Long Beach for the Scottish Rites music festival and thought this place looked nice with the heart shaped spa. I arrived when it was just getting dark and I was tired from driving all day from the Bay Area. I could see when i arrived it wasn't a place I should stay alone.
I had already booked my reservation so i have it a try. The people who live there were intimidating-Someone banged on my door after I was done unpacking. The people who live there are up at all hours...The heater was broken. There was hot water though too take a shower after a long day of travels. There was a incense smell in the bathroom. When I was up studying early in the morning reading a play for my acting class I was in I could hear a couple which was bad...
In the morning I heard a lady screaming having a fight with someone...
The pool was not open all year and was dirty after the storms...
The Female owner was nice but the Male owner was rude...
They have nice snacks in the lobby in the morning...
he place needs to move to a better location...

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Sharonco810

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 29 January 2010

This place is a dump - their main source of review is from homeless shelters. Ladies of the night line the front at night, the rooms are dirty and have bugs, they never clean your room. They have a no refund policy.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Titup

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Oakland
Reviewed 10 August 2009

please do your self a favor stay somewher else cheaper is not always better, semen stains on the bedding need I say more management horrible.
Michael- Oakland

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank sy06mitt
Bay Area
Reviewed 29 June 2008

I stayed here for 3 days, 2 nights on a quick visit to Long Beach. I went to Cal State and wanted to go visit friends for a weekend trip and when I booked I didn't really pay too much attention to the location. When my friend picked me up and we started driving there I quickly realized I had made a mistake by not checking the address! It is in a bad part of Long Beach, by Poly High School. When checking in the "couple" in front of me were only paying for an hour, that was my 2nd sign that I did not look into this hotel too much before booking! The room was small, cigarettes burns on the comforter, no toiletries, half a role of toilet paper (the toilet also ran every couple minutes), stained towels (all mixed matched!), fridge wasn't cold and no trash can! I would not sleep on the sheets so I asked a friend to bring me some from his house, who knows when the were last washed :( I tried to only sleep and get ready there, as little time as possible was best!

The icing on the cake of this hotel was being woken up at 5:55am to a woman yelling at the front desk worker (yes I could hear it all the way on the 2nd floor!) to tell her where her cheating husband was! WOW!!

• Liked — Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank kowgrl4eva
Bay Area
Reviewed 6 September 2007

I Booked this hotel from Hotels.com. The name and features sound good and the web pictures are nice but in reality this is a hotel with rundown rooms in a medeocre part of town. I stayed 2007 Labor day weekend and had cancellation cost so unfortunately I stayed 2 days:

Here are some specific issues I encountered:
1) Room not made up (was out the whole day and came back to room at 10PM & room was not made up)
2) Severe Black Ant infestation
3) Broken Lamp Bulb (fluorescent bulb so toxic mercury vapor prossibly still in room)
4) Several broken fixtures and non functional wall plugs
5) Sections of bathroom floor visibly not cleaned in very long time

Talked to hotel manager upon checkout said he would fix everything but when I asked to be compensated primarily for issue 1) he gave me the following answers to my complaints:

Item 1) "You did not put the 'Make up room sign'"
Item 2) Bug spray is available at the lobby
Item 3) & 4) An electrician was available 24 hours a day

My advise is stay clear of booking rooms on the net at hotels that are not part of a hotel chain . You have few avenues of recourse when things go wrong.

• Liked — Spartan but OK breakfast
  • Disliked — Dirty Room, Broken fixtures
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelGuyBayArea
quillabamba2
Reviewed 11 May 2007

First time in Long Beach, this Motel is located at an area that after 5 pm, is hard to walk with out encountering people drinking and just not safe.
The place needs a total renovation.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
5 Thank quillabamba2
Southern CA
Reviewed 14 March 2007

I used to live in Long Beach, and was homeless, living in motels for a few months back in 2003. Back then this was a very dirty disgusting place full of drug dealers and prostitutes. i wouldn't even stay there when I was homeless. I left after looking in the room. It is in one of the worst areas of Long Beach where there are prostitutes constanty parading up and down PCH.
They may have made the place look better since then, but the neighborhood is still the same. Just a warning....

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family